Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mahan « previous next »
Page: 1 2

sprung4bucs

Rookie

#15 : October 04, 2006, 02:59:22 PM

I didn't see that at ALL. Care to be more specific? I liked what I was seeing from him...

What I saw in his play against never to be seen again third stringers was that on a majority of plays, after the initial block, he is an observer, taking up space on the field.  He doesn't seem to know how to get after any body.  I saw him consistently shoved to the side by the defense, on their way to the QB.  HE DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO PROTECT A QB AGAINST NFL DEFENSES!  I think the 6'8" big man will be eaten alive.

If what I have heard from PewterDaze is correct, Yatta the Hutt had his knee scoped and is done for the year. So too bad, if that is really your "hope".

Crap!  But still hoping, 'cause I can't see the future.  Who knows who will step up?  I just don't think my team has the IT that other teams have.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 04, 2006, 04:08:04 PM

What I saw in his play against never to be seen again third stringers was that on a majority of plays, after the initial block, he is an observer, taking up space on the field.  He doesn't seem to know how to get after any body.

Maybe you have him confused with someone else.

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 04, 2006, 04:28:51 PM

Hmmm, You looking at the really big white guy on the very end? Far right?

#18 : October 04, 2006, 04:30:55 PM

Well, I saw alot of the same.  I remember one play in particular where Joseph put away his man on the inside, then flew back to get Trueblood's guy who was actually BEHIND our rookie T.  I don't think that this is any horrible thing, the guy is a rookie, but we will see how far he has come this weekend, I think.  Gruden has had positive things to say.

This just in: My eternall optimistic heart says that by the end of this year, we may have one of the best young OLs out there.

I'm not going to tell you what my pessimist middle finger says.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 04, 2006, 04:34:16 PM

Well, I saw alot of the same.

To be honest with you, I think you guys are overstating the problem. I saw him beaten at times, but he surely didn't look like a staggering fool out there to me, and on top of that I thought his run blocking was very tight.

sprung4bucs

Rookie

#20 : October 04, 2006, 04:35:24 PM

Hmmm, You looking at the really big white guy on the very end? Far right?

Yep.  Big guy with 65 on his back, in frame-by-frame slow motion/rewind on every play.  He falls to the ground alot too.

#21 : October 04, 2006, 04:44:58 PM

To be honest with you, I think you guys are overstating the problem. I saw him beaten at times, but he surely didn't look like a staggering fool out there to me, and on top of that I thought his run blocking was very tight.

Ok.  I'm not trying to say he was a horrible at all.  He made rookie mistakes, though, the worst of which being not knowing how to finish a play once his initial block is taken care of.  That said, it's been a month and a half of practicing against pros now, and I'm hoping he's eliminated alot of that.  Again, Gruden says he was knocking on the door before 'Yetti went down.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mahan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools