Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ gone « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

zed

Pro Bowler

: April 05, 2007, 05:38:48 PM

What about this scenario?  CJ is gone and JT is still available, but Arizona who picks right after us makes an offer to swap, perhaps their 2nd round selection.  Do we agree with this trade?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 05, 2007, 05:41:21 PM

I would, and trade down somemore and take Okoye. Having 4 2nd rounders would be incredible.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#2 : April 05, 2007, 05:59:17 PM

I would probally make this trade as long as Amobi Okoye and Gaines Adams are left to choose from.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 05, 2007, 06:02:24 PM

NO WAY

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 05, 2007, 06:20:50 PM

I would. then take Gaines or Okoye. then take 2 of our 2nd rd picks and watch who falls to the bottom half of the 1st. This would give us some nice options.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 05, 2007, 06:23:52 PM

as much as i would like JT, id probably do it.  thats the 38th pick.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

#6 : April 05, 2007, 06:38:37 PM

If Thomas is there for the taking, you TAKE HIM!!!!  This team NEEDS to build an O-line once and for all.  You do NOT pass on Thomas if available.

#7 : April 05, 2007, 06:41:25 PM

What about this scenario? CJ is gone and JT is still available, but Arizona who picks right after us makes an offer to swap, perhaps their 2nd round selection. Do we agree with this trade?

yeah and then draft Adams

#8 : April 05, 2007, 07:20:32 PM

NO WAY

I am going with age and wisdom ^^^^^^^

Mellow

Starter

#9 : April 05, 2007, 07:41:41 PM

Nope for me too.  But if the situation were reversed (CJ available, JT gone, offer to swap) I'd do it in a heartbeat!

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 05, 2007, 08:21:16 PM

Take Thomas! 

You must be accountable for your actions!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 05, 2007, 08:31:28 PM

If Thomas is there for the taking, you TAKE HIM!!!! This team NEEDS to build an O-line once and for all. You do NOT pass on Thomas if available.

So let me get this right - you want the LOT Thomas?  Yea, me too. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 05, 2007, 08:31:52 PM

Trade down for Okoye,im sick of drafting olinemen day 1. I recommend staying away from Big ten lineman,the only exception is Steve Hutchinson.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 05, 2007, 08:34:57 PM

What about this scenario? CJ is gone and JT is still available, but Arizona who picks right after us makes an offer to swap, perhaps their 2nd round selection. Do we agree with this trade?

The Bucs passed on Walter Jones many years ago and passing on Joe Thomas would be another gaff of that magnitute. 

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 05, 2007, 09:32:41 PM

I understand that we would all love a franchise left tackle....but honestly - if Calvin Johnson is gone - I'd rather the team did the deal and continue to retool the defense. I think we've done a lot this offseason to address the o-line. Petitgout is a dramatic upgrade over AD. Lehr will definitely be an upgrade over Sean "The Swinging Gate" Mahan, AD - if he can keep his ass out of jail, is much better suited for guard and will help us in the run game there...and there's always a chance that Buenning will finally recover and return to the team.

CJ is just too special to pass up. I don't feel that way about JT. I never have. The guy has a bum knee and short arms. Kinda reminds me of Gallery...

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ gone « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools