Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ gone « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 05, 2007, 09:46:07 PM

If Thomas is there for the taking, you TAKE HIM!!!! This team NEEDS to build an O-line once and for all. You do NOT pass on Thomas if available.

You mean like we did with Walter Jones?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 05, 2007, 09:48:25 PM

Trade down for Okoye,im sick of drafting olinemen day 1. I recommend staying away from Big ten lineman,the only exception is Steve Hutchinson.

Of coarse.  Everyone knows Mchigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Penn State linemen never succeed at the NFL level.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 05, 2007, 09:59:25 PM

What about this scenario? CJ is gone and JT is still available, but Arizona who picks right after us makes an offer to swap, perhaps their 2nd round selection. Do we agree with this trade?

No.

And no.

Take JT and laugh all_da_way  to the bank. :D

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 06, 2007, 04:34:25 AM

trade down ...not to far...say with arizona for their 2nd and 3rd or 2nd next year then go dee line,having 3 2s I would make sure to use one of them on the dt thomas which would make our draft spectacular.

biased buc

Practice Squad

#19 : April 06, 2007, 07:16:52 AM

I'm all for having five Day 1 picks, particularly if we still have Adams, Anderson and Brown to choose from at 5.

TBChucky

Starter
#20 : April 06, 2007, 07:32:28 AM

If they gave us a 2nd AND a 3rd it would be WELL worth it I believe

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 06, 2007, 07:50:46 AM

Another scenario would be if CJ and JT are both off the board and Miami at #9 wants to trade up for Quinn.  Depending on how we have him rated from the Senior Bowl  we could take Levi Brown in the first and go all defense with the three picks in the 2nd.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 06, 2007, 09:32:05 AM

Levi Brown? We aren't that desperate for a LT. I like trading down with Arizona we pick up their 2nd and take Gaines.

1. Gaines Adams DE
2a. Michael Griffin S
2b. Tank Tyler DT
2c. Tanard Jackson CB
3. Baratika Atkins DE

If I got 5 day 1 picks,I would move in for Okoye if he is there.
1. Gaines Adams DE
1. Amobi Okoye UT(if he fell in the 20 range)
2. Michael Griffin S

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 06, 2007, 09:34:43 AM

If we trade down it should be for Okoye IMO, because Adams is probably Washington's main target because of their lack of pass-rush.

1. DT Amobi Okoye
2a. DE Anthony Spencer
2b. WR Steve Smith
2c. CB Daymeion Hughes
3. S Aaron Rouse

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 06, 2007, 09:38:15 AM

If we trade down it should be for Okoye IMO, because Adams is probably Washington's main target because of their lack of pass-rush.

1. DT Amobi Okoye
2a. DE Anthony Spencer
2b. WR Steve Smith
2c. CB Daymeion Hughes
3. S Aaron Rouse

I like this alot

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 06, 2007, 10:06:27 AM

Levi Brown? We aren't that desperate for a LT. I like trading down with Arizona we pick up their 2nd and take Gaines.

1. Gaines Adams DE
2a. Michael Griffin S
2b. Tank Tyler DT
2c. Tanard Jackson CB
3. Baratika Atkins DE

1. Gaines Adams DE
2. Michael Griffin S

Not that thats all that bad of a mock draft but all 5 first picks going defense?  Don't forget our offense was ranked 31st.  And yes, our OL was horrible last year.  Picking up a legit Tackle is not a bad idea. 

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 06, 2007, 10:11:45 AM

1. Gaines Adams DE
2a. Michael Griffin S
2b. Tank Tyler DT
2c. Tanard Jackson CB
3. Baratika Atkins DE

1. Gaines Adams DE
2. Michael Griffin S

Not that thats all that bad of a mock draft but all 5 first picks going defense? Don't forget our offense was ranked 31st. And yes, our OL was horrible last year. Picking up a legit Tackle is not a bad idea.
Our offensive line was also hurt through majority of the season. Near the end of the year are oline started to progress and they are only going to get better. Next year should be very intresting.

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#27 : April 06, 2007, 10:29:31 AM

LP is a huge upgrade over Davis.  LP was a first round pick of the Giants.  With that said, JT would not start this year.  I would trade down and pick up an extra 2nd.

#1 DT Okoye  or DE Adams
#2a OT Staley  or OC Kalil
#2b WR Smith
#2c DE McDonald or DT Tyler
#3 SS Rouse

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 06, 2007, 10:40:30 AM

Tade down to #9 with Miami and take Okoye and then use our 2nds to move up for Carriker.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 06, 2007, 10:45:48 AM

if we take a wr in the 2nd ill throw up

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ gone « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools