Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ gone « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 06, 2007, 10:49:31 AM

Tade down to #9 with Miami and take Okoye and then use our 2nds to move up for Carriker.
I would love to do that. Our Dline would have some talent. Simeon Rice would probably have carrer numbers.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 06, 2007, 10:49:48 AM

LP is a huge upgrade over Davis.  LP was a first round pick of the Giants.  With that said, JT would not start this year.  I would trade down and pick up an extra 2nd.

He'd kick Petitgout to the curb or at worst kick Turnstile out of his job.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 06, 2007, 11:01:41 AM

If I got 5 day 1 picks,I would move in for Okoye if he is there.
1. Gaines Adams DE
1. Amobi Okoye UT(if he fell in the 20 range)
2. Michael Griffin S

That would be awsome!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 06, 2007, 11:20:23 AM

if we take a wr in the 2nd ill throw up

What if a TE like Zach Miller was there at #64?  He's a Jason Witten type.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 06, 2007, 11:22:56 AM

No way, if Thomas is there we pull the trigger...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 06, 2007, 11:30:15 AM

I wouldn't even pick up the phone if Thomas is still available at #4. If he's there and the Bucs waste 2 minutes in getting that pick up to the stage, it's too long. If JT is there, print the jersey and never look back.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 06, 2007, 11:37:20 AM

I wouldn't even pick up the phone if Thomas is still available at #4. If he's there and the Bucs waste 2 minutes in getting that pick up to the stage, it's too long. If JT is there, print the jersey and never look back.

2 minutes? They should have Galloway run the card to the podium.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 06, 2007, 11:43:28 AM

What if a TE like Zach Miller was there at #64?  He's a Jason Witten type.

isnt alex smith a witten type?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 06, 2007, 11:54:42 AM

What if a TE like Zach Miller was there at #64? He's a Jason Witten type.

isnt alex smith a witten type?

He probably could be if we had Tackles that could block on their own.  At the end of the day I still think Miller will be a more productive pro than most of the names being thrown out at that pick.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#39 : April 06, 2007, 06:36:32 PM

What about this scenario? CJ is gone and JT is still available, but Arizona who picks right after us makes an offer to swap, perhaps their 2nd round selection. Do we agree with this trade?

hell yes, in a heartbeat, then select Amobi Okoye, then Brandon Merriweather, then draft Moses, three huge holes addressed in the first 3 picks

if not merriweather there, then draft weddle with our last pick

gone

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 06, 2007, 07:19:14 PM

What about this scenario? CJ is gone and JT is still available, but Arizona who picks right after us makes an offer to swap, perhaps their 2nd round selection. Do we agree with this trade?

hell yes, in a heartbeat, then select Amobi Okoye, then Brandon Merriweather, then draft Moses, three huge holes addressed in the first 3 picks

if not merriweather there, then draft weddle with our last pick

Silly.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 06, 2007, 07:21:05 PM

Arizona isn't going to do that. 

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 06, 2007, 07:53:30 PM

hell yes, in a heartbeat, then select Amobi Okoye, then Brandon Merriweather, then draft Moses, three huge holes addressed in the first 3 pick

Wow, what a terrible set of decisions. You overdraft a DT, draft a S that doesn't fit our system and close with a pass rushing OLB that has been terrible his senior year and in the post season.

No, draft Joe and walk away smiling for the next decade.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#43 : April 06, 2007, 08:23:39 PM

Make the trade and draft Brady Quinn. We might not be in position for another 5 years to draft a potential QB!

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 06, 2007, 08:37:07 PM

I don't believe what im seeing from most people here. As much as people here whine and complain about our o-line being terrible, most of you guys want to pass on Thomas if we got a trade offer like that. Joe Thomas would be set at LT for the next 10 years if we picked him. While I do agree that LP is a upgrade at LT lets not forget that he is 30 and coming off a major injury which he might not recover from. No matter who is there, if JT is there when we pick then we have to pick him. If he isn't there then we pick CJ and if there both gone then we pick the highest defensive player on our board.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ gone « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools