Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Giants will win « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

Eli10

Second String

#15 : October 24, 2006, 05:22:14 PM

Grudenfan, I agree. Although Ronde was the Bucs best offensive player last week so you never know.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#16 : October 24, 2006, 05:23:38 PM

Dude Staha's wife left him because he and Richard Simmons have the same hobby of playing the trouser trumpet. Last I checked all the Buccs players were hetero. I still think Shockey is a closet pickle smoocher too!!!

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 24, 2006, 05:24:45 PM

Giants SUCK!!! we are gonna kick their butt.  Crown our A$$!

Eli10

Second String

#18 : October 24, 2006, 05:26:06 PM

Dude Staha's wife left him because he and Richard Simmons have the same hobby of playing the trouser trumpet. Last I checked all the Buccs players were hetero. I still think Shockey is a closet pickle smoocher too!!!

That's the best you can do? wow...saaaaad....first off, if Shockey and Strahan are gay, then so is Derrick Brooks based on the proof that you offered...if they play for the opposing team, then they have to be...can we actually have some serious football discussion here is that all you sunburned Bucs fans are good for?

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#19 : October 24, 2006, 05:30:53 PM

That's the best you can do? wow...saaaaad....first off, if Shockey and Strahan are gay, then so is Derrick Brooks based on the proof that you offered...if they play for the opposing team, then they have to be...can we actually have some serious football discussion here is that all you sunburned Bucs fans are good for?
Prooof, how about Strahan's wife's testimony in a court of law!!!!

Eli10

Second String

#20 : October 24, 2006, 05:31:59 PM

the woman who's now clinically insane?  the one who thought her two-year old needd $10,000 earrings?  yeah...you're probably right.

Prooof, how about Strahan's wife's testimony in a court of law!!!!

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 24, 2006, 05:52:55 PM

;D :o 8) ::) :P :-* [banghead]

#22 : October 24, 2006, 05:54:46 PM

The Bucs D is gonna kick Sheli's ass.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 24, 2006, 05:57:49 PM

singing secret lovers .... thats what we are ....

just kidding ... he does a lot of good work at the local gay bars

shoot, his X looks more "manly" as his new woman

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#24 : October 24, 2006, 05:59:33 PM

What's up with that black tooth right in the middle of Stahan's mouth?

Scholty

Pro Bowler

#25 : October 24, 2006, 06:00:32 PM

Our Bucs have no chance to win at all. Eli is so right in that.  I wonder why we don't just call the NFL and forfeit the game.  That would give us a week of rest for our player so we can loose closer to the Saints.

Eli looked unstoppable against the Cowboys.  With all his weapons in the passing game and in addition Tiki Barber is going to run all over our D.

Then you have their incredible Defense.  Strahan etc. are going to demolish this Offense. 

I mean the Giants can not be stopped.  Maybe by Chicago but not us... There is a reason they are still unbeaten this season!!!! 

*******************************Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 24, 2006, 06:06:38 PM

That is harsh.
I think the Bucs will lose too, but getting desroyed is harsh man.

I'm trying to placate the troll.

T

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 24, 2006, 06:08:11 PM

I think it'll be a close game but that's why they play the games, we'll see on Sunday.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 24, 2006, 06:09:39 PM

I want to see some Bucs trash talking in here!!  Come on Bucs fans!  Make us Giants fans at least think you care!!

We don't trash talk. We're not low-life, low-class fans. We respect the game, our opponents, and our team. You wanna talk trash? Go back to the Giants forum and mix it up with your own fans.

NovaBuc

Starter

#29 : October 24, 2006, 06:18:49 PM

The Giant's defense isn't all that great this year to be honest. In one half of play, they gave up 227 yards passing to Romo last night, a QB who'd thrown what, two passes in live NFL play in his career up to that point? They've kept two teams under two hundred yards passing this season, Washington and Atlanta. That's Mark Brunell, spokesman for Geritol and Mike Vick, spokesman for RIF. Vick had 154 yards through the air against the Giants, which as we Buc fans know is a stellar game for him over the course of his career. Let's not forget the Giants defense gave up a rushing touchdown to the statue known as Drew Bledsoe last night. That's bad.

The Giants defense is one of the worst in the NFL when it comes to third downs, letting opposing teams convert at over a 50% clip, just shy of 20 percentage points higher than our 'old and slow' defense. That's a stat that should have Giants fans worried.

Our offensive line isn't the best, this is true. However, after seeing a couple of Cowboy games, I'd rate us higher than them.  Over the last few games, our linemen have done a decent job at protecting the quarterback and opening some holes (albeit small ones) in the running game. I seriously doubt we will see the Bucs give up sacks like the Cowboys did last night with one or two Giant rushers completely unaccounted for on passing plays. Our linemen might get run over or tossed aside, but they at least act as speedbumps. :)

Tiki is the type of back the Bucs usually shut down, though the sloppy tackling we've seen this year could be trouble on that front if our coaches and players don't do something to improve that this week. I think/hope some of what we saw at the end of the game on Sunday was due to exhaustion and the heat. Heat definitely won't be a factor in New York this weekend. Tackling will be. And if Gruden utilizes Caddilac more in the late third quarter and fourth quarter I think it will be the Giants defense who will be dealing with exhaustion. Jacobs will only be a factor in short yardage most likely, which is good for the Bucs. The big backs are generally the ones that give us fits due to our defense being smallish and built around speed rather than having huge blobs playing DT to stop the run.

On the Giants offensive side of the ball, the only player that really gives me pause is Shockey. That's only because of the way tight ends have burned our defense this year. If we don't have an answer for him, he could have a big day. One of the big keys to this is getting penetration and getting to Eli. If our defensive lineman don't get tackled like they have been lately (in fairness, I've been seeing a lot of really bad and really obvious holding not getting called by both teams in the Bucs games this year), Eli could be in for a long day.

The biggest thing I see with the Giants offense is it is easy to get in their heads and get them off their game. Shockey and Burress especially, they're very emotional and very tempermental. If our defense is able to repeat the last two weeks at disrupting the opposing team's offensive rhythm in the first half, I don't see the Giants recovering from that the way we saw the Eagles do, rather I see it causing them to make more mistakes and implode as they try to force plays rather than being patient.

~Mike

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Giants will win « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools