Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Giants will win « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

Caveat Emperor

Pro Bowler

#30 : October 24, 2006, 06:21:50 PM

If the Bucs can't pressure him, I think Eli will have a career day against this defense.

I'm not as worried about Eli as I am about Tiki. After seeing what Westbrook did last week, I'm positively frightened by the thought of having to man-up against the best back not named Alexander in the NFC.

I know everyone is clamoring for the offense to pick it up -- but the key this week, again, is going to be limiting turnovers and keeping the offense on something of a workable schedule. That means avoiding big loss plays like sacks and running the football effectively on 1st and 2nd down. Conservative is a LOT better than whatever the hell Dallas tried to do on Monday.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : October 24, 2006, 06:30:34 PM

I'm not as worried about Eli as I am about Tiki. After seeing what Westbrook did last week, I'm positively frightened by the thought of having to man-up against the best back not named Alexander in the NFC.

Gruden's still pissed that McGenius wouldn't draft Westbrook. I'd love to have seen that guy in this offense. And hopefully, the crappy defensive performance against the Eagles (506 yards?) and the tape of the game will wake some of these defensive players up before they go up against the Giants.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#32 : October 24, 2006, 06:49:33 PM

They should beat us.  The Eagles should have too.  The Bengals should have three.  But they didn't.  I think we're going down hard, but hey, the way this team has gutted it out the past couple weeks, who knows?  We could have a monster game and destory the Giants.  You never know.  On any given Sunday, a bad team can beat a very good team.  Will it be this Sunday when the Bucs go to New York?  Probably not.  We can win this game.  If we win this week, it might be safe to say...the Bucs are back.  Let's see though.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 24, 2006, 06:53:47 PM

CP24, Sweet sig!!

BucHarbour

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 24, 2006, 07:50:41 PM

Right now, the Bucs are as good or bad as two things: 1) QB play, and 2) defensive tackling. If we get both, together, in one game, and for most of it, we actually do, believe it or not, have the talent to beat pretty much any team. Poor tackling is why we are 2-4 instead of either 3-3 or 4-2. Bad QB play hurt us in the first two games. So we'll see. I have a feeling that the bad tackling is on its way out. I just don't see Monte putting up with that crap much longer. I'd have these guys due tackling drills until they started puking and passing out.

>>Ugh.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 24, 2006, 07:59:01 PM

I want to see some Bucs trash talking in here!! Come on Bucs fans! Make us Giants fans at least think you care!!
Who's Eli?
Oh, yeah, isn't he the little brother of that QB that's actually good?

There you go!  that's good stuff. Except for the fact that your QB is Gradkowski because the son of the really good QB we had many years ago spleend out.
Well if we are just going to ride injury situations here and take those kind of cheap shots, nice Achilles LaVar!!  See you at the track!

With the Giants remaining schedule, being 9-7, or 8-8 is not going to be enough for the G-men anyway. 

If the Bucs beat the Giants, kiss the season and Tiki goodbye!

TBBuccaneers24RB

Practice Squad

#36 : October 24, 2006, 08:34:03 PM

Thats what so many people said would happen to us when we played the Eagles but I think if our Defense plays as sharp as it did in the first half against the Eagles then we got a shot at beating the Giants.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#37 : October 24, 2006, 10:46:06 PM

Absolutey no one thot we would beat Cincy or Philly. With that said---beat the Giants? Stranger things have happened--more than once! There's no logical explanation.

#38 : October 24, 2006, 11:00:52 PM

I didnt think the BUcs should beat Cincy or the Eagles, and I dont think we should beat the Giants, so who knows? I do know that the Giants offense isnt as good as the Bengals and we seemed to not have a problem shutting down their power back and deadly WRs (btw we also had Juran Bolden covering Chad Johnson all day).

Anyways, I dont feel the need to duke it out with someone who doesnt even know what state their team plays in. Hell if my team played in NEw Jersey I might lie and say I was in New York too. O and you are just upset because Chris Simms has already proven he is a better QB than his father ever was, as sad as that is.

Forget about the weather, living and playing in hell's anus is homefield advantage enough. I dont see the bUcs walking in there and winning

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#39 : October 24, 2006, 11:08:58 PM

Although the Giants seem to be rolling right now, they are very beatable.

First of all, Eli Manning isn't that great. He has shown that he is streaky and can be excellent or piss poor all in the same sentence. I think that we can knock him off of his game by confusing him and causing him to make very rookie like mistakes. Peyton is really good, Eli is nowhere close to Peyton. Nomatter what you guys have the worse of the two Mannings - I hate to break that news to you. He'll never be like Peyton.

We're coming off of a very crazy win. That is the type of win that will pump your team up. We're back in it, too, because we have just won 2 games in a row. The Eagles game was the key to our season. I predicted a winning streak if we won that game and I am willing to bet that we stun the Giants this Sunday.

Don't worry though - after we win there will be plenty of analysis on what the Giants did to lose the game rather than what the Bucs did to win the game. I'm used to that already as a Bucs fan, though so it won't bother me.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 24, 2006, 11:11:53 PM

The Giants are now considered one of the best of the NFC.  Whether this is true or not does not matter to me.  It is a road game against an NFC opponent that will be a huge test for the Bucs.   I am hoping for a win but I would not be upset if the Bucs do not pull one off.  But if they do pull a win off then it would put the Bucs back into the thick of things as the NFC is not strong as a whole. 

#41 : October 24, 2006, 11:20:03 PM

I have no expectations for the Giants game. If we lose I wont be surprised at all, if we win I will be very surprised. Not so much that we won that one game, but that we won 3 in a row against playoff caliber teams. We will be sittin 3-4 with New Orleans coming to Tampa the next week. Ever since we lost to the Ravens I havent thoguh the Bucs would win any of their matchups, and I usually always think we will win. But if we can somehow beat NY then I will have hope for teh Saints game

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 24, 2006, 11:45:10 PM

I think the Giants are a tougher battle than the Bengals and Eagles. That's my opinion, of course, but I think that will be an even tougher game than the last two. We barely won the last two. As others have said, I am not expecting a win. If the Bucs do win, I think that will shock even more people than beating the Bengals or Eagles ever did. I don't see that happening, but it should be an entertaining game.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 24, 2006, 11:51:04 PM

I think the Giants are a tougher battle than the Bengals and Eagles. That's my opinion, of course, but I think that will be an even tougher game than the last two. We barely won the last two. As others have said, I am not expecting a win. If the Bucs do win, I think that will shock even more people than beating the Bengals or Eagles ever did. I don't see that happening, but it should be an entertaining game.

There are reasons why the BUcs will lose.  The top of my list goes to the weather.

The BUcs played in 110 degree on field temps Sunday.  Vs. the G-men, it will be 30 degree on field, winds will be gusting, and they will lock up.  80 degree temp changes will freeze the body up.

The Bucs have never beaten the G-men in NY.

Gradkowski needs to make things happen with his arm.

The defense needs to tackle, and the safeties need to do their damned jobs

I have faith in a lot of these things happening, I just don't trust the safeties at all.  They are not good at all.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 24, 2006, 11:53:06 PM

Gradkowski played in cold weather at Toledo, but I think he's going to have a devil of a time in New York State. I agree with you there.

:

Hide Tools Show Tools