Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Of all the top players of the Gator's Defense « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

: April 06, 2007, 01:14:15 PM

who would you like to see the Bucs draft, if any?

Forget needs.  I always thought Brandon Siler stood out the most.  And I could see him being available at 2b.  Got to love his tatoo as well:  "Good isn't good when greatness is expected."

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 06, 2007, 01:25:38 PM

Siler is great but unfortunately he plays the same position as Ruud, and I'd rather not make the only defensive player on the roster drafted on the first day in the last eight years irrelevant. Nelson and Moss would be great but they don't line up to where the Bucs are drafting. Ray McDonald seems like he'd be best as a 3-4 end so scratch him. Earl Everett would be good depending on how much of a solution Cato June is. He may even be around in the top of the third. Joe Cohen may be a decent project later on the second day. I'd probably stay away from Reggie Lewis Ryan Smith, and Brian Crum.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 06, 2007, 05:10:58 PM

I would like to see the Bucs draft Jarvis Moss or Reggie Nelson at 35.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#3 : April 06, 2007, 05:31:39 PM

If Reggie Nelson falls to 35, draft him without question.

#4 : April 06, 2007, 06:24:37 PM

yeah or at 64 if crowder is gone Atkins they sauid he ran a 4.7

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#5 : April 06, 2007, 06:40:19 PM

Reggie nelson if he fell I guess, If Siler fell into the 3rd I wouldnt be opposed to taking him either

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 06, 2007, 06:58:54 PM

Reggie Nelson without a doubt...he's a playmaker...he's high energy and he's going to be a great NFLer.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 06, 2007, 07:23:32 PM

I would go with Reggie Nelson and Tim Crowder.

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 06, 2007, 07:26:18 PM

I would go with Reggie Nelson and Tim Crowder.
Crowder is a Longhorn. Anyways, I'd draft Nelson, Moss, maybe Thomas and Smith on Day 2, and McDonald.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 06, 2007, 10:04:08 PM

how far do u think nelson will fall?
#28 to the Patroits

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#10 : April 07, 2007, 12:07:34 AM

There is no chance Nelson falls out of the first round.  And if he does, we will have made one of the biggest steals in draft history.  Reggie Nelson is a playmaker, bottom line, and it is very possible he could turn out to be the best defensive player of this draft.  Certainly the best defensive back.

Besides Nelson, I think Marcus Thomas would fill a very big need for us and so would Jarvis Moss if he fell to us at 2a.  I doubt he would fall that far however.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 07, 2007, 10:16:39 AM

Jarvis Moss - would love him at 2a - and there is nothing wrong with Nelson, but I don't think there is a chance in the world he makes it out of the first round. 

Thomas is killing me, if I thought for a second the kid could get his head out of his butt..  but right now who knows. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 07, 2007, 10:18:44 AM

If Reggie Nelson falls to 35, draft him without question.

Run up the podium and make the selection if he falls that far. 8)

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#13 : April 07, 2007, 10:48:42 AM

how far do u think nelson will fall?
#28 to the Patroits

I am not sure he even makes it that far.

Patriots seem to think they need to trade up to get him as well.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#14 : April 07, 2007, 10:52:36 AM

Siler is great but unfortunately he plays the same position as Ruud, and I'd rather not make the only defensive player on the roster drafted on the first day in the last eight years irrelevant. Nelson and Moss would be great but they don't line up to where the Bucs are drafting. Ray McDonald seems like he'd be best as a 3-4 end so scratch him. Earl Everett would be good depending on how much of a solution Cato June is. He may even be around in the top of the third. Joe Cohen may be a decent project later on the second day. I'd probably stay away from Reggie Lewis Ryan Smith, and Brian Crum.

I actually think Ryan Smith could be a very good player in our system.  He has some of the best footwork I have ever seen from a CB and is very sound technically which helps make up for his lack of speed.  He timed kind of slow but he doesn't look it on the field from what I see, and he has a knack for making plays.  I think as a late round pick he could be worth a flyer.  He might not be a shutdown corner but I think he could be effective as a Nickel.

His only real knocks are his speed and size, but I think you can deal with those in the right system.  He could be a good player I think given the right situation.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Of all the top players of the Gator's Defense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools