Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Of all the top players of the Gator's Defense « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 07, 2007, 10:54:58 AM

Besides his pelvis staf infection issues, what are the knocks on Jarvis Moss?  Doesn't he have some character issues as well?  I know he has been suspended before.

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 07, 2007, 11:06:08 AM

There is no chance Nelson falls out of the first round. And if he does, we will have made one of the biggest steals in draft history. Reggie Nelson is a playmaker, bottom line, and it is very possible he could turn out to be the best defensive player of this draft. Certainly the best defensive back.

Besides Nelson, I think Marcus Thomas would fill a very big need for us and so would Jarvis Moss if he fell to us at 2a. I doubt he would fall that far however.

Biggest steal in draft history?  Tom Brady in rd 7 (199th overall) 2000 draft , Marques Colston in Rd 7 (252nd overall) 2005 draft. Thats just of the top of my head.

We need Pass rusher over a safety. That the way the Tampa 2 is built. Plus I don't see him falling out of the 1st.

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 07, 2007, 11:09:38 AM

how far do u think nelson will fall?
#28 to the Patroits

I am not sure he even makes it that far.

Patriots seem to think they need to trade up to get him as well.

The Pats have the 26th overall pick from Seattle

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 07, 2007, 11:12:01 AM

If we don't draft a DE at all this year,I want Harvey

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

scope88

Starter

#19 : April 07, 2007, 11:14:42 AM

Gator's players are way to inconsistent, and usually come out to a bust in the NFL (not saying all of them are, see Emmit Smith). If we want defense, Buster Davis might be there at 2a.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 07, 2007, 11:15:47 AM

who?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 07, 2007, 11:16:27 AM

Besides his pelvis staf infection issues, what are the knocks on Jarvis Moss?  Doesn't he have some character issues as well?  I know he has been suspended before.
He's got a positive drug test from this season but no one has made much of a deal of it.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 07, 2007, 11:17:15 AM

Gator's players are way to inconsistent, and usually come out to a bust in the NFL (not saying all of them are, see Emmit Smith). If we want defense, Buster Davis might be there at 2a.

He will definately be there.  Maybe even at 2b.  I like Buster but think Siler would be better.  

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 07, 2007, 11:18:50 AM

Besides his pelvis staf infection issues, what are the knocks on Jarvis Moss? Doesn't he have some character issues as well? I know he has been suspended before.
He's got a positive drug test from this season but no one has made much of a deal of it.

Did he line up next to Marcus?  Could've just been a contact high. ;)

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 07, 2007, 11:20:11 AM

Frankly the best Gator pros are on defense: Alex Brown, Jevon Kearse, Kevin Carter, Ian Scott, Channing Crowder, Mike Peterson, Andra Davis, Lito Shepard, etc. And Buster will be there at 3 but he is not a need because Barrett Ruud has been chosen as the Bucs MLB of the future.

who?
Derrick Harvey. Will be a redshirt junior next year. Total stud. Had three sacks in the national championship game.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 08, 2007, 08:24:11 PM

marcus thomas with our 2nd pick in the draft,our 1st on okeyo or adams and then another de with our other 2nd rd pick...we have to get back to having an ass kicking dee line.

devasher

Starter
#26 : April 08, 2007, 08:39:54 PM

There is no chance Nelson falls out of the first round. And if he does, we will have made one of the biggest steals in draft history. Reggie Nelson is a playmaker, bottom line, and it is very possible he could turn out to be the best defensive player of this draft. Certainly the best defensive back.

Besides Nelson, I think Marcus Thomas would fill a very big need for us and so would Jarvis Moss if he fell to us at 2a. I doubt he would fall that far however.

Biggest steal in draft history?  Tom Brady in rd 7 (199th overall) 2000 draft , Marques Colston in Rd 7 (252nd overall) 2005 draft. Thats just of the top of my head.

We need Pass rusher over a safety. That the way the Tampa 2 is built. Plus I don't see him falling out of the 1st.

Not that it's incredibly important to point it out, but Brady was a 6th round pick. And for some odd reason 6th round QB's have done much better than 5th or 4th rounders in recent NFL history. 7th round picks in general are out of the league in a few years which make the Colston pick even more impressive (but lets let his career continue before we consider him a best ever steal)

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#27 : April 08, 2007, 09:01:17 PM

I didn't say the biggest steal ever, I said one of.  There is definitely a difference.

devasher

Starter
#28 : April 08, 2007, 09:42:29 PM

I didn't say the biggest steal ever, I said one of. There is definitely a difference.

And I said A best ever steal, not THE best ever steal. Which means I said exactly the same thing as "one of"...... ::)
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Of all the top players of the Gator's Defense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools