Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grad not gettin recognized « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

gone

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 27, 2006, 02:57:18 PM

Who really cares? Does getting talked about on TV get you any wins? This whole Buccs fan base crying about getting recognition is so petty and lame.
Yeah, but I prefer to read about the Bucs rather than other teams.  Go outside of our market publications and there's nothing there.  Colts, SD, ATL, etc are everywhere....

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#16 : October 27, 2006, 03:10:03 PM

Every now and then ESPN mentions his name but even then it's for a short little blurb.

They are more obsessed about the other rookie QB's such as Leinart and Young, but Grad is doing 10x better, IMO.

Ya, I noticed that and posted it in another topic too, along with Young's dismal stats and Leinart's worse-than-Gradkowski's stats. Take a look at the win loss record and that's all you need.

Grads: 2-1
Leinart: 0-4
Young: 1-4

TDs-Interceptions:

Grads 4-1
Leinart 4-4
Young 3-4

That tells the story baby!  Awesome stats.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#17 : October 27, 2006, 03:54:30 PM

Who really cares? Does getting talked about on TV get you any wins? This whole Buccs fan base crying about getting recognition is so petty and lame.
Ya beat me to it. 

BucfaninDC

Starter

#18 : October 27, 2006, 06:16:46 PM

Yeah, but I prefer to read about the Bucs rather than other teams.  Go outside of our market publications and there's nothing there.  Colts, SD, ATL, etc are everywhere....

Well then, that's an easy fix.  If you prefer only Buc news, only read local publications and stay away from the national markets.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 27, 2006, 06:33:42 PM

ESPN Sports Center just singled out Grads has the best player under the Radar.  He is getting noticed and I have heard lots of people give him some props.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 27, 2006, 06:49:58 PM

what has he done that SHOULD get him noticed?

His numbers aren't very sexy...

He is playing on a losing team...

He wasn't a hyped up 1st round pick...

Until he does something spectacular, he will go unoticed...

Agreed.  At this point, the Bucs are only asking him not to turn the ball over.  And he's doing a good job of complying.  He's had 1 very good game, one so-so game and one game where was unnoticeable.   However, I have heard some talk about him, but it seemed to die down after the Cincy game and went away completley after last week.  He'll have to light up the G-men to get some face time.  That's how the media is. 

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

gone

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 27, 2006, 08:55:23 PM

Well then, that's an easy fix.  If you prefer only Buc news, only read local publications and stay away from the national markets.

But I read fast...

But really I could care less what they say about us, but it would be nice to hear someone from outside our market weigh in...neutral observer thing...

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 27, 2006, 09:22:42 PM

Well so much for that...they started talking about him today on ESPN.

They said that if Leinart or Young were 2-1 they'd be all over it, but that they weren't talking about Grad. SO they started talkin about how good he was.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 27, 2006, 11:20:33 PM

Well so much for that...they started talking about him today on ESPN.

They said that if Leinart or Young were 2-1 they'd be all over it, but that they weren't talking about Grad. SO they started talkin about how good he was.

It's a little late for that kind of recognition now...Hmmmph ::)

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#24 : October 28, 2006, 02:09:55 AM

I don't live in the Tampa market. If I want Buccs news or info, I'll go find it.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#25 : October 28, 2006, 02:11:32 AM

ESPN Sports Center just singled out Grads has the best player under the Radar.  He is getting noticed and I have heard lots of people give him some props.
I guess that means we already won this week? Stay home and don't bother to go to NY. Being talked about nationally equates to a win!!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 28, 2006, 10:27:52 AM

I guess that means we already won this week? Stay home and don't bother to go to NY. Being talked about nationally equates to a win!!

If that was the case TO would have 6 SB rings by now.   :P

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#27 : October 28, 2006, 11:30:35 AM

If that was the case TO would have 6 SB rings by now.   :P
Good point!!!!

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 28, 2006, 01:06:51 PM

Every now and then ESPN mentions his name but even then it's for a short little blurb.

They are more obsessed about the other rookie QB's such as Leinart and Young, but Grad is doing 10x better, IMO.

ESPN is nothing except for sensationalizing for ratings. It seems that they need to spend more time to indepth studing not just the obvious....IMHO.....OBD

gharen

Pro Bowler

#29 : October 28, 2006, 02:20:15 PM

Actually, there is a nice little article written by Brian Baldinger about Grads in this weeks edition of The Sporting News.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Grad not gettin recognized « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools