Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Front page of CNNSI NFL page... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Snook

Hall of Famer

: April 06, 2007, 04:43:14 PM

Ahhhh... memories...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/draft/2007/

bklynbucs11

Starter

#1 : April 06, 2007, 05:20:31 PM

I can't believe the writers were actually stupid enough to post this gem right on the picture archives. Not even buried in a Peter King "special" error, which he's so prone to make:

Jamal Lewis:

"Post-Draft: Set NFL single-season rushing record with 2066 yards in 2003."

Wow. Just wow.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 06, 2007, 06:07:08 PM

Good article.   It goes to show that risks sometimes pan out and sometimes they don't.  I think you have to ask if you are willing to use your pick on a guy who has a 50-50 chance to completely bust out.  How high are you willing to go?  The Bucs have been pretty conservative with their first day picks and pretty loose with the 2nd day picks.  In the first day they would take a guy like Ruud who was supposed to have great character.   On the second day they will take the risk on the Anthony Bryants and Larry Brackins. Those guys weren't guys with criminal records, but they had question marks related to their ability to take physical talent and translate it to NFL success.

#3 : April 06, 2007, 06:10:32 PM

We may never see another like him!!!

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#4 : April 06, 2007, 06:42:06 PM

Amobi Okoye? :)

#5 : April 06, 2007, 06:59:34 PM

We may never see another like him!!!

especially as loud or funny

#6 : April 06, 2007, 10:13:19 PM

man i miss that guy. You dont appreciate wat u had till its gone.

you got that right!!!!!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 06, 2007, 10:18:26 PM

Not likely.   I think people forget that when coming out, Sapp was the best player in the nation and expected to be the first pick in the entire draft before his "drug accusations" made him fall in the draft.   I don't think Okoye is anything close to Sapp.   I may end up being wrong, but I seriously doubt he's another Warren Sapp.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 06, 2007, 10:59:33 PM

Not likely.   I think people forget that when coming out, Sapp was the best player in the nation and expected to be the first pick in the entire draft before his "drug accusations" made him fall in the draft.   I don't think Okoye is anything close to Sapp.   I may end up being wrong, but I seriously doubt he's another Warren Sapp.

I agree 100%. Sapp was one of a kind and Im truly greatful to watch him play for us.

norwichsmog

Rookie
#9 : April 06, 2007, 11:46:26 PM

Miss those days, Bad!

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#10 : April 07, 2007, 12:26:56 AM

Not likely. I think people forget that when coming out, Sapp was the best player in the nation and expected to be the first pick in the entire draft before his "drug accusations" made him fall in the draft. I don't think Okoye is anything close to Sapp. I may end up being wrong, but I seriously doubt he's another Warren Sapp.

well Amobi Okoye is regarded as most as the best DT in the draft, Branch really dropped off

Huey Freeman

Starter
#11 : April 07, 2007, 07:08:39 AM

Not likely. I think people forget that when coming out, Sapp was the best player in the nation and expected to be the first pick in the entire draft before his "drug accusations" made him fall in the draft. I don't think Okoye is anything close to Sapp. I may end up being wrong, but I seriously doubt he's another Warren Sapp.

well Amobi Okoye is regarded as most as the best DT in the draft, Branch really dropped off

Okoye might be the best UT in the draft, but he doesn't have Sapp's explosiveness, raw speed, and amazing quickness off the ball.  That's what made Sapp so special.  Still, Okoye might prove to be a good player.

biased buc

Practice Squad

#12 : April 07, 2007, 07:20:29 AM

To go along with his suberb athleticism, explosive first step, high motor and nastiness he had a unique body type......round midsection, powerful lower body, no shoulders or neck(like a reverse hourglass) which made it hard for lineman to lock on and gain any kind of leverage. One of a kind.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#13 : April 07, 2007, 11:48:08 AM

Let me sum it up very plainly. 6 years from now, when the next great one-gap tackle is coming out of college, the scouts won't be calling him "baby okoye." or "the next Okoye." THey will still call him "baby Sapp."

Though Lynch has made more pro-bowls, I would argue Sapp has played a lot better over the last 3 yeras when given the opportunity to play at his correct position.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 08, 2007, 01:49:25 PM

I wonder why Lynch keeps making pro bowls, but Sapp doesn't?   It's strange how Warren fell out of the limelight when he left here, but Lynch is now more in the limelight.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Front page of CNNSI NFL page... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools