Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Gradkowski « previous next »
Page: 1

psymun

Starter
: October 24, 2006, 06:18:09 PM

Bruce has won 2 out of 3 games, he's thrown 4 touchdowns, and no interceptions. He's had trouble throwing the deep ball, and he checks down and dumps it off too quickly... Sounds like a rookie to me...

To clarify... he is not an ELITE talent. He does, however, deserve a chance to progress... I guarantee, if he were drafted in the 1st round, and hyped as much as all these other QBs are, no one would have a complaint, and everyone would have the "he's a rooke" tune. So my point... He's a ROOKIE!

Bruce Gradkowski:
Record: 2-1
TD:INT 4:1
Receivers: Joey Galloway, Michael Clayton
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7943

Matt Leinart:
Record: 0-3
TD:INT 4:4
Receivers: Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7759

Vince Young:
Record: 1-3
TD:INT 3:4
Receivers: Drew Bennett, Bobby Wade
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7752

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#1 : October 24, 2006, 06:20:38 PM

WOW, another thread pointing out Grads is a rookie. Thanks for the newsflash!!!!
Bruce has won 2 out of 3 games, he's thrown 4 touchdowns, and no interceptions. He's had trouble throwing the deep ball, and he checks down and dumps it off too quickly... Sounds like a rookie to me...

One INT.

gone

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 24, 2006, 06:44:27 PM

WOW, another thread pointing out Grads is a rookie. Thanks for the newsflash!!!!

One INT.
It still seems to be news to some people though...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 24, 2006, 06:45:43 PM

It still seems to be news to some people though...

This is true...

Badbud8

Second String

#4 : October 25, 2006, 06:42:13 AM

He's had trouble throwing the deep ball, and he checks down and dumps it off too quickly... Sounds like a rookie to me...

Well,Since the Buc's don't try the deep pass Very Often,,,,,Seems it would make him the QB for this team.

Rookie is the Key word. when you play a Rookie QB you take what you get. Some Good some Bad,something thing that make you shake your head ,and wonder what the Hell was that.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#5 : October 25, 2006, 08:02:35 AM

I think what most of us (OK, me) are frustrated and dispointed about is about 9 weeks ago we expected to be contenders for the SB.  Now we find ourselves in a tailspin and our promising QB sidelined.  Everyone knows Grads is a rookie, but this isn't the rookie league.  No matter who is playing at any position, they are playing against the best football players in the world. Whether they are 22 or 38 years old, we expect them to contribute in producing a respectable season for the Bucs. 

All in all, I think with all things considered (supporting cast and QB's on the roster) Grads is the right choice and has done good and should improve with each week.  When I see him in TV interviews, I get the feeling his is truly learning from his mistakes and and grasps what is happening around him.  No one can say if Grads will end up being a Montana or Marino, but he was raised drinking the same water, so that is something he has over others.

As a Buc fan, I, just as most of you are going to ride the storm out and be here no matter what.  From my position, I see some breaks in the clouds.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 25, 2006, 08:06:55 AM

I think what most of us (OK, me) are frustrated and dispointed about is about 9 weeks ago we expected to be contenders for the SB. Now we find ourselves in a tailspin and our promising QB sidelined. Everyone knows Grads is a rookie, but this isn't the rookie league. No matter who is playing at any position, they are playing against the best football players in the world. Whether they are 22 or 38 years old, we expect them to contribute in producing a respectable season for the Bucs.

All in all, I think with all things considered (supporting cast and QB's on the roster) Grads is the right choice and has done good and should improve with each week. When I see him in TV interviews, I get the feeling his is truly learning from his mistakes and and grasps what is happening around him. No one can say if Grads will end up being a Montana or Marino, but he was raised drinking the same water, so that is something he has over others.

As a Buc fan, I, just as most of you are going to ride the storm out and be here no matter what. From my position, I see some breaks in the clouds.

Your big mistake was to expect us to contend for a SB this year.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

replica

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 25, 2006, 08:15:21 AM

The interesting point made here is the touchdown/interception/win-loss comparision with Vince Young & Matt Leinert. I am hoping Bruce turns it on, as I've posted before 104 yards passing just does not cut it.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 25, 2006, 08:15:53 AM

I think what most of us (OK, me) are frustrated and dispointed about is about 9 weeks ago we expected to be contenders for the SB.

There's the problem. There's being hopeful as a fan, and then there's reality. Personally, I expected somewhere between 7 and 9 wins and a longshot at a playoff game.

nflinsider

Starter

#9 : October 25, 2006, 08:29:01 AM

Another thing that he's done well is avoid the sack. He'll tuck the ball and run or throw the ball away - something Simms couldnt learn to do.

gone

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 25, 2006, 10:43:26 AM

I think what most of us (OK, me) are frustrated and dispointed about is about 9 weeks ago we expected to be contenders for the SB. Now we find ourselves in a tailspin and our promising QB sidelined. Everyone knows Grads is a rookie, but this isn't the rookie league. No matter who is playing at any position, they are playing against the best football players in the world. Whether they are 22 or 38 years old, we expect them to contribute in producing a respectable season for the Bucs.

All in all, I think with all things considered (supporting cast and QB's on the roster) Grads is the right choice and has done good and should improve with each week. When I see him in TV interviews, I get the feeling his is truly learning from his mistakes and and grasps what is happening around him. No one can say if Grads will end up being a Montana or Marino, but he was raised drinking the same water, so that is something he has over others.

As a Buc fan, I, just as most of you are going to ride the storm out and be here no matter what. From my position, I see some breaks in the clouds.

Your big mistake was to expect us to contend for a SB this year.
Yeah.  And his second mistake was to have unrealistic expectations.

And what's this about our "promising QB sidelined"  Last I checked, our promising QB played Sunday...
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bruce Gradkowski « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools