Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Don Imus is a gold medal olympic idiot. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 08, 2007, 04:52:17 PM

The question is not what he was doing watching women's basketball,

No, that's always a legit question because there's no reason. Go watch boys HS basketball if you want to watch bad basketball...at least they'd still whip up on the women's basketball teams.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#16 : April 08, 2007, 09:35:49 PM

The question is not what he was doing watching women's basketball,

No, that's always a legit question because there's no reason. Go watch boys HS basketball if you want to watch bad basketball...at least they'd still whip up on the women's basketball teams.

True any Good    HS boys team would cream any WNBA all-star team,  the speed is  50% faster

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 09, 2007, 12:10:09 AM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17999196/

It looks like it is heating up folks.  Sharpton is having him as a guest, and still wants him fired despite a lame apology.

Can't blame him.

I mean, how stupid can you be?  The man is in a position of being heard by millions, and he goes and says this?  He must think only rich white folk listen to him.  What a piece of crap.  I hope he gets fired.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 09, 2007, 08:59:09 AM

True any Good    HS boys team would cream any WNBA all-star team,  the speed is  50% faster

Not to mention the 3-5" height edge they'd have. I always hear the crap about women's fundamentals but there's nothing in the women's game that looks diddly like Princeton in terms of fundamentals. In fact, they look grossly fundamentally unsound.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bucboy 64

Second String

#19 : April 09, 2007, 09:16:48 AM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17999196/

It looks like it is heating up folks. Sharpton is having him as a guest, and still wants him fired despite a lame apology.

Nothing is going to happen to Imus but a gentle slap on the wrists. He is a liberal icon and all will be forgiving, if it was Rush, he would have been tarred and feathered.

Can't blame him.

I mean, how stupid can you be? The man is in a position of being heard by millions, and he goes and says this? He must think only rich white folk listen to him. What a piece of crap. I hope he gets fired.

original

Pro Bowler

#20 : April 09, 2007, 04:58:03 PM

As bad as this case is, is it really any different then ESPN running "Where are all the African American players in baseball"? or the "Where are all the African American Golfers"  segments all this and last week.  As long as press keeps pointing out all the differences society will never have acceptance.  This still all goes under the why are there not more coaches of this race or that one or in the Superbowl.  Lets celebrate the sports, accomplishments, and championships instead of how many of this race has done What how many times.  When we don't point it out, maybe the racism goes away.  Anyways, Imus is just part of a long line of public speakers who only appoligizes because he got complaints.  I'd tune him out but in order to do that, I'd have to tune him in. 

spartan

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 09, 2007, 05:05:37 PM

Maybe I am naive or stupid, and I am being totally serious when I ask this, as I am sure there is some connotation that I am not aware of, but why is what he said being construed as racist?

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 09, 2007, 06:14:05 PM

Maybe I am naive or stupid, and I am being totally serious when I ask this, as I am sure there is some connotation that I am not aware of, but why is what he said being construed as racist?

LOL, at the very bottomline...the words he used are "reserved" for black folks only.  Seriously, we used those words loosely to pick at and tease each other.  However it obviously takes on a different tone when Imus said them...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 09, 2007, 07:47:42 PM

His on air apology today was far more offensive than the original comments.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 09, 2007, 08:59:25 PM

The guy should lose his job.  He obviously has a skewed perception on African Americans.  And it isn;t a nice one.

When the mics are turned off, I am sure he has said quite a few offensive things...a lot of people do.  But the idiot knew he was on-air.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 09, 2007, 08:59:39 PM

i wish sharpton would fall off a cliff.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 09, 2007, 09:35:08 PM

I've heard worse over the radio from people and no one ever said a thing....

Have any of you ever listened to Michael Savage?

Bucluva101

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 09, 2007, 09:44:12 PM

he just apologized to get the media to shut  up.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 10, 2007, 05:48:29 AM

The guy should lose his job. He obviously has a skewed perception on African Americans. And it isn;t a nice one.

When the mics are turned off, I am sure he has said quite a few offensive things...a lot of people do. But the idiot knew he was on-air.

according to Howard Stern, who use to work at WNBC with Imus, he use to use the "n" word all the time.

#29 : April 10, 2007, 08:14:47 AM

all i can say is "WOW"
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Don Imus is a gold medal olympic idiot. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools