Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I would put this mock against anyone and gave logic to every pick « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : April 07, 2007, 05:51:36 PM

well if the lions trade down which will not happen tampa will be there and ready to get him but it costs to much for teams to trade up so i really doubt it happens

Someone on the radio today was saying the Lions are desperate to move down a few slots.  They want a D players, and any one of the top group will do if they can get extra picks.  There will be a team in the top ten that will be prepared to give their first and second round picks to move up, and that will be enough IMO.

da49erfan

Starter

#16 : April 07, 2007, 05:54:58 PM

i like it, but......the 9ers run the 3-4 and carrikre would probably be a better pass rusher. however i still wouldnt mind branch.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#17 : April 07, 2007, 07:15:43 PM

I don't see us passing up JT for Calvin. 

#18 : April 07, 2007, 07:16:19 PM

I don't see us passing up JT for Calvin.

I do.... and some at the draft party willl go nutz.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#19 : April 07, 2007, 07:22:47 PM

If we do it's a big mistake.

We are never going to solidify this team as a playoff team year after year until we stabalize the O-line and obtain a QB for the future.

Franchise LT's are rarely available in FA and should one hit the market imagine what they would get with Davis getting 50 million.  Hopefully we never have a top 5 pick again so this is our BEST chance to FINALLY obtain a franchise LT.  If he is there we should take him, even over the "immortal" CJ.

#20 : April 07, 2007, 07:27:35 PM

Some think Thomas is the "immortal" one.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 07, 2007, 07:51:58 PM

Didn't read, LOL

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 07, 2007, 08:09:37 PM

Bucs will get a good player at #4, and while I would prefer Thomas over CJ we will see.  Folks know all the reasons.  Neither is immortal or even proven at this point.  It will be interesting if both are there - and yes, a large group of posters is gonna be disappointed by the choice made, if it happens, between Thomas and Johnson.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bucball2010

Pro Bowler
#23 : April 07, 2007, 08:13:10 PM

i agree dbucfan i am a huge calvin fan and hope evryday since their bowl game that he becomes a buc. neither is proven yet and people are gonna be dissapointed either way lets just hope that who ever we get makes the difference we are looking for.The one thing i would hate is the one we pick be a bust and the other one has a hall of fame career.

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.

Philippians 4:6

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 07, 2007, 08:20:28 PM

Well bucball - you need to take up your picks with your twin Son of Zell.  Seems to share your picks and your forman. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bucball2010

Pro Bowler
#25 : April 07, 2007, 08:25:38 PM

he's a cornball he's not smart enough to come up with his own mock. dbucfan what did you think of my mock being that you are a hall of famer on these boards i respect anything that a hall of famer on the boards post. thanks

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.

Philippians 4:6

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#26 : April 07, 2007, 08:34:56 PM

WR are a dime a dozen, every year you have new guys popping up with big years. 

Franchise LT's are not easy to come by.  When you have a shot at a potential one it's hard to justify passing it up, especially for a position like WR where you can always find guys all throughout the draft and FA who can help your team.

I like CJ's talent too, but 10 times out of 10 I'd take the shot at the franchise LT than the WR.  It's just the smart move, no matter how good people may think CJ is, or even how good he turns out.  Logic says LT is more valuable, they are both graded very highly so LT is the pick.

Mellow

Starter

#27 : April 07, 2007, 08:52:43 PM

Darn it RayFS07, stop using logic!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 07, 2007, 09:06:28 PM

bucball, first of all HOF status just means one has been here for a long time, and doesn't tell anyone anything else.  As for your draft, you put a lot into it and things might work out that way.  If I were running the bucs draft (and thank goodness I am not bc I certainly am not a NFL talent evaluator) I would be taking the LOT, Thomas.  Simple as what Ray said.  Heck, how could anyone not like CJ.  He looks like all that is being said, that said a LOT for 8 to possibly 12 years - an elite one to boot - yea I am in with that.  Qb is the most important position on the team, LOT is the second for the Offense, and it is time. 

1.oakland- jamarcus russell qb = qb is their most pressing need  - I like this one bc I think Al Davis is picking. 
2.detriot- gaines adams de = rod  wants to build a championship defense but might go quinn - Rod will want to trade down for players, and he should if he can,  Millen wants Quinn - we will see who wins this one - best thing for the lions - loser leaves town
3.cleveland- adrian peterson hb = if they get trent green peterson is the choice - maybe bucball - but here is where quinn fits best imho.  If Charlie Frye is the answer, if I am Cleveland I rephrase the question. 
4.tampa- calvin johnson wr = if he's there its a no-brainer - We covered this one.
5.arizona- joe thomas ol = they get the player they want - if JT is there - he is the pick. 
6.washington- laron landry sfty = addresses their biggest need - Who can tell what the skins might or might not do, heck who knows if they will still have the pick or will have traded it? 
7.minnesota- brady quinn qb = if he slides vikings are all over him - they could use a qb, along with a lot of other help.  Vikes aren't any dumber than anyone else - being all over a player means they are all over a player, but that is not the basis for a selection. 
8.Atlanta - amobi okoye dt = coach had him in louisville and with landy off the board he becomes a falcon - best thing Okoye has going for him in this slot is Petrino, worst thing - all he has proven is he can work out well.  We will see.
9.miami - levi brown ol = they need to rebuild their o-line and a great start here with brown - Miami needs a lot of stuff as well - brown would be nice, but is LOT that is a run blocker their biggest need.  Levi is not a franchise or elite LOT from what I have read. 

Thanks for the time and effort you put into your post bucball - was a good read.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 07, 2007, 09:26:07 PM

Not bad but there is not a chance in heck that the Skins "need" a safety more than they "need" any DLman they can get...

Baghead #2
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I would put this mock against anyone and gave logic to every pick « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools