Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: what's the status with these players « previous next »
Page: 1

bucball2010

Pro Bowler
: April 07, 2007, 08:22:35 PM

1.Domanick Davis hb
2.lavar arrington lb
3.Odell thurman lb might be released by bengals
4.cory dillion hb
5.ricky williams hb might not be in the dolphins plans with a new coach
6.kris jenkins dt

i would love to have a williams and williams backfield
lavar to back-up ruud
jenkins would fill our DT position

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.

Philippians 4:6

Badabingnrt

Starter

#1 : April 07, 2007, 09:12:19 PM

Wouldn't want any of them.....

With Cadillac and Pittman backing up, I would only want a 4th or 5th round selection on an RB like Lorenzo Booker being the 3rd string dude to eventually be #2 behind Cadillac.  Davis and Dillon provide us nothing that Pittman can't do...

No need for linebackers.  Derrick Brooks, Cato June, and Barrett Ruud make a nice core.  Can't forget that Ryan Nece is a solid back-up and that Quarles status is still up in the air.  THurman has problems and Arrington is an idiot.

As for Ricky Williams....haha I hope that was a joke.  Kris Jenkins isn't bad but injury prone, but there is no way the Panthers trade him to us....

I guess the only one I see as plausable is LaVar Arrington coming in to back-up and be depth to June and Brooks...

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 07, 2007, 10:46:15 PM

With Cadillac and Pittman backing up, I would only want a 4th or 5th round selection on an RB like Lorenzo Booker being the 3rd string dude to eventually be #2 behind Cadillac. Davis and Dillon provide us nothing that Pittman can't do...

No need for linebackers. Derrick Brooks, Cato June, and Barrett Ruud make a nice core. Can't forget that Ryan Nece is a solid back-up and that Quarles status is still up in the air. THurman has problems and Arrington is an idiot.

As for Ricky Williams....haha I hope that was a joke. Kris Jenkins isn't bad but injury prone, but there is no way the Panthers trade him to us....

I guess the only one I see as plausable is LaVar Arrington coming in to back-up and be depth to June and Brooks...

I agree. None of these players would be worth the trouble.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 07, 2007, 10:59:30 PM

While Carter is durable, and Jenkins is not, I would think Jenkins would be worth the trouble for the right price tag.  It would make the D-line very very old, but it would also give time to groom any younger D-linemen the BUcs should draft.  And Jenkins is a proven DT, lined up next to Hovan, with Simeon and Carter at the ends, it would make for a better D-line, IMO.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 07, 2007, 11:14:51 PM

If Kris Jenkins were to get cut,I would bring him in for a decent contract. If he was to get healthy stopping the run would be our strength.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 07, 2007, 11:22:44 PM

While Carter is durable, and Jenkins is not, I would think Jenkins would be worth the trouble for the right price tag. It would make the D-line very very old, but it would also give time to groom any younger D-linemen the BUcs should draft. And Jenkins is a proven DT, lined up next to Hovan, with Simeon and Carter at the ends, it would make for a better D-line, IMO.

That "right price" would have to be pretty low. He would be a good player to bring in on a "Hovan" type contract.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#6 : April 07, 2007, 11:47:34 PM

The only player I would want out of all of those players is Kris Jenkins.

Badabingnrt

Starter

#7 : April 07, 2007, 11:51:04 PM

yea Kris Jenkins would be awesome, but The Panthers know they can get a 3rd round at least for him....and they wont trade him to a division rival

dpc1192

Starter

#8 : April 08, 2007, 01:27:18 AM

I really don't see why any team wouldn't give Ricky Williams a shot at the league minimum....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 08, 2007, 01:29:13 AM

I really don't see why any team wouldn't give Ricky Williams a shot at the league minimum....

He is an upgrade over Pittman.

And I like Pittman.  For anything but his role as the #1 back.

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#10 : April 08, 2007, 02:06:56 AM

1.Domanick Davis hb
2.lavar arrington lb
3.Odell thurman lb might be released by bengals
4.cory dillion hb
5.ricky williams hb might not be in the dolphins plans with a new coach
6.kris jenkins dt

i would love to have a williams and williams backfield
lavar to back-up ruud
jenkins would fill our DT position

1. No. He'd probably cost too much and isn't he banged up from injuries? There is no need for him anyways
2. Maybe at the right price. He could play a backup role or what I think would be the best idea, a situational pass rusher.
3. No thanks
4. No. We already have a veteran RB who is more of an asset to our offense than Dillon would be anyways
5. See above
6. I'd definately consider it for the right price, but he wouldn't ever, ever be traded to us. C'mon. It's Bucs-Panthers we're talking about here!

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#11 : April 08, 2007, 02:14:23 AM

there is a reason they are still out there....

Arrington? injury prone and bad attitude, no thanks

domanick Davis? (you mean Williams??, he changed his name), but him and jenkins are both injury prone, Jenkins I would take a risk on

ricky williams? hmmm dont know about that, talk about copycatting the fins, brown and williams, then caddy and williams?

I dont see any chance of us acquiring any of these players

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 08, 2007, 09:59:31 AM

Agree.  Davis is probably out of football due to injury.  Arrington undisciplined and injury prone.  Thurman is trouble.  Dillon wouldn't be happy playing 2nd fiddle. Thats why he wanted out of New England.  Ricky Williams is probably not any better than Ernest Graham at this stage.   The Panthers would have to trade Jenkins to us. That ain't gonna happen.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 08, 2007, 10:34:05 AM

I wouldn't want any of those guys.   Especially not cry baby drunk Jenkins.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: what's the status with these players « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools