Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we land JT... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
: April 07, 2007, 08:24:01 PM

Let's say for some reason that either Detroit, Cleveland, or Oakland land CJ and JT slips to us at #4 and we pick him. What do you think our O-line will look like next year?

Personally, I don't know if Trueblood has the footspeed to play tackle. Could the Bucs move him inside to LG and then you'd have:

LT Petitgout
LG Trueblood
C Kalil or Beekman (hopefully...I don't want to see wade back starting)
RG Joseph
RT Thomas

Then when Thomas is ready, you can move him to LT...or if he is ready now...you flip Petitgout and Thomas.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

catch2355

Practice Squad

#1 : April 07, 2007, 08:33:58 PM

can trueblood play guard? he seems a little tall lol

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 07, 2007, 08:44:50 PM

I'd think his height would be a limitation since getting leverage on guys seems to be an issue with him.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 07, 2007, 08:47:58 PM

How about Thomas, Buenning, Wade, Joseph and Trueblood.  And perhappy Buenning learns to play center, so Luke, A. Davis and others battle it out. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

zed

Pro Bowler

#4 : April 07, 2007, 08:48:55 PM

If you were an insider, you would know the right answer.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 07, 2007, 08:53:05 PM

No you wouldn't zed, bc the answer isn't known yet.  We are just passing time with a non issue discussion.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 07, 2007, 09:28:07 PM

I think that transition to OG for Trueblood would a nightmare. If we do get Joe Thomas I think he either sits a little to learn OR he comes in day 1 as your LT. We are pretty flexible up front and if we draft him we become really flexible IMHO. You can move Petigout to OG or have him compete at RT.

Baghead #2

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 07, 2007, 09:31:27 PM

If the Bucs were to draft 2 offensive linemen consective picks,I will pass out.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#8 : April 07, 2007, 10:00:10 PM

I think if we drafted JT it would be.....

LT=Luke Petitgout
LG-Buenning
C-Wade
RG-Joseph
RT- Trueblood

and Joe Thomas would probably switch out with petitgout, unless we draft beekman or somebody like that

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#9 : April 07, 2007, 10:10:06 PM

This is simple...

LT - Petitgout
LG - Joe Thomas
C - Wade / Buenning
RG - Joseph
RT - Trueblood

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 07, 2007, 10:27:27 PM

Draft C.J. or go defence.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 07, 2007, 10:29:26 PM

The ONLY way I'd go defense at #4 is if BOTH CJ and Thomas are gone.  If that's the case I'd have no problem with Okoye or Adams (in that order is my preference.)

If I had to put together a personal board for #4 I'd go...CJ, Thomas, Okoye, Adams.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 07, 2007, 10:30:56 PM

I agree

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 07, 2007, 10:35:47 PM

If the Bucs were to draft 2 offensive linemen consective picks,I will pass out.

I agree.  Wouldn't that be awesome!   We'd finally have a solid line.

Dominico

Starter

#14 : April 07, 2007, 10:59:38 PM

Everyone seems to be leaving A.Davis out. He isn't a LT but he did ok, and he is good in the run game. I think he could be a very good guard of RT. How about this

LT - Thomas
LG - Petitgout
C - Wade / Buenning
RG - Joseph
RT - Davis/Trueblood
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we land JT... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools