Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we land JT... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Badabingnrt

Starter

#15 : April 07, 2007, 11:04:31 PM

Yeah if anything we move Pettigout to guard...

hopefully we get Calvin Johnson, JaMarcus Russell, or Gaines Adams tho..

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 07, 2007, 11:21:35 PM

Um...I am an insider...you bleep bleep bleep.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#17 : April 07, 2007, 11:27:00 PM

Also...I just proposed the question because I personally don't think Trueblood is good enough agility wise to play tackle. He's good in runblocking but a liability in pass blocking. I think moving him inside would make that less of an issue. Yes he is tall, but it wasn't like I was suggesting he should be the starter I was just asking a question of what would our line look like IF we were to draft Thomas.

As for Kalil...I don't think that if we land Thomas that we will again draft 2 O-lineman back to back again, but Beekman could be there in round 3. Many of the mocks I have seen have him going late 2 early 3. Maybe we will get lucky. One thing is for sure...Wade needs to go...maybe not right away...but soon. We need to get an upgrade in there as fast as we can.

CaptMorgan

Rookie

#18 : April 07, 2007, 11:27:41 PM

I don't think A. Davis is going to give up without a fight.  I think he will be right there in the running for LG.  The guy might not have been the best LT in the league, but I think he did decent.  He would be better suited to be a guard and can be a back up tackle.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 08, 2007, 12:12:49 AM

If the Bucs land JT, then life is good.

Period.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 08, 2007, 12:46:07 AM

I would agree with that from a line front. The bottom line is we are going to have 3 pretty darn good linemen in Petitgout, Joseph, and Thomas. Then you add in Wade (or a rookie who will eventually beat him out) and either Trueblood, Davis, or Buenning and I think you have the best line we have had here in a long time.

Dominico

Starter

#21 : April 08, 2007, 12:55:40 AM

It also depends on who the starting QB is for obvious blind side reasons

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 08, 2007, 12:57:06 AM

It also depends on who the starting QB is for obvious blind side reasons
Really?

Kenyatta was THE MAN for Simms.  Or was he?  I feel bad for Simms having Yatta as his bodyguard.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 08, 2007, 01:29:05 AM

You would like to have your best tackle as the blind side protector...but most teams won't swap a tackle if your QB is left handed vs right. Back when the 49ers were great with Montana and Young, when Montana went down...the line stayed the same. If you have guys that are good and comfortable in their positions...you don't flop them.

The Bucs need to put the best 5 cohesive lineman out there. If the LT is better than the RT when Simms is out there or the RT is better than the LT when Garcia is out there...that's fine...as long as they (as a group) do a good job. Now if you had a tackle that absolutely sucked and was getting your QB killed...then maybe you might consider that...but at this level...if your tackles are good...then you put them where they are most comfortable and going to play best.

Walker is a good example...he was a RT...the Bucs moved him...he stunk...then they put him back at RT. He wasn't good...but he was better. I don't want some guy being moved to specific position just because a QB is going to have his back facing a certain way. Put the man out where he is going to play best.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 08, 2007, 02:06:40 AM

I know one thing, if we draft JT he ain't playing guard guys...come on.

The way things are shaping up I am really getting the vibe that okoye is ahead of JT. I know the importance of JT and have been a big JT supporter but that is just the feeling I have.

Baghead #2

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#25 : April 08, 2007, 02:17:39 AM

This is simple...

LT - Petitgout
LG - Joe Thomas
C - Wade / Buenning
RG - Joseph
RT - Trueblood

That's what I've been saying.

And depending on the way training camp would play out it'd be possible that the first two would be flip flopped.

Either way it'd be a win-win situation because either way it would greatly improve our O-Line.

Like someone said before, drafting JT would give us flexibility.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 08, 2007, 03:25:15 AM

Kenyatta was THE MAN for Simms. Or was he? I feel bad for Simms having Yatta as his bodyguard.

If my name were Kenyatta, I would want people to call me Ken anyway.   I wouldn't even tell them my name was Kenyatta.   There had to be something wrong with that guy from the get go.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 08, 2007, 03:30:59 PM

I didn't like the Trueblood pick and still don't.  Best case scenario is he develops into a servicable RT.  He's a second round pick with little upside.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 08, 2007, 03:33:44 PM

If we land JT,we will still have to keep Alex Smith in.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 08, 2007, 03:37:08 PM

If we land JT,we will still have to keep Alex Smith in.

He never needed help at Wisconsin.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we land JT... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools