Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we land JT... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 08, 2007, 03:47:39 PM

You would like to have your best tackle as the blind side protector...but most teams won't swap a tackle if your QB is left handed vs right. Back when the 49ers were great with Montana and Young, when Montana went down...the line stayed the same. If you have guys that are good and comfortable in their positions...you don't flop them.
The whole blindside thing is overrated. You need your most athletic tackle on the left side because that is where Dwight Freeney is lining up. It doesn't matter if your QB can see him or not, you still have to stop him.

I didn't like the Trueblood pick and still don't. Best case scenario is he develops into a servicable RT. He's a second round pick with little upside.
My concern with Trueblood is he has the body of a pass protector without the athleticism so you put him on the right side where he doesn't have the strength nor leverage to be a run blocker. He's a man without a position.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 08, 2007, 03:49:47 PM

If we land JT,we will still have to keep Alex Smith in.

He never needed help at Wisconsin.
He needed help when Wisconsin played Michigan,he got blown into the backfiled all day.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 08, 2007, 03:52:21 PM

I agree FRG.  You can do worse than JT but you should want a whole lot better.  At least he's assignment sound.  

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If we land JT... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools