Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ by the Bay...Oakland that is... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

PHXBUC

Practice Squad

: April 08, 2007, 02:49:32 AM

Spoke with a coaching friend of mine today in Phoenix...he coaches LB's under Ryan in Oakland....he told me we should forget about CJ because the NATION is going to take him with the 1st pick and QB Trent Edwards out of Stanford with their 2nd round pick...

Let's swap with the Cardinals so they can have the 4th pick (JT) and we get the 5th (Adams) as well as they give us their higher 2nd for our lower 2nd...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 08, 2007, 02:51:31 AM

I would soooooo much rather have JT than Adams.    I think if JT's there, grab him.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 08, 2007, 02:53:41 AM

I would soooooo much rather have JT than Adams. I think if JT's there, grab him.
EGGZACTLY!

But WTH (eck) are you going to do if all you have is Quinn, Okoye, or Adams?

I would take Adams over all three, and then go Thomas in round 2, and Kalil in round 2.  (If possible)

PHXBUC

Practice Squad

#3 : April 08, 2007, 02:55:50 AM

I think we have to go defense ala the drafts of the past...didn't we draft Sapp and Brooks in the same year?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 08, 2007, 02:57:29 AM

Yes, but we also drafted Regan Upshaw and Marcus Jones with 2 first round picks in 1996 (Dungy's first year helping with the draft).

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 08, 2007, 03:00:52 AM

Yes, but we also drafted Regan Upshaw and Marcus Jones with 2 first round picks in 1996 (Dungy's first year helping with the draft).
Sheesh.

I thought Dal was the guy who brought wet blankets to the cold party.
You know I love ya Dal!

PHXBUC

Practice Squad

#6 : April 08, 2007, 03:05:02 AM

That was as bad as all the Gators we drafted.....I like Adams at 4 or 5....love McCauley with our first 2nd....kid is a stud out west....wouldn't mind seeing Merriweather slip to us as well...always need Canes in the secondary...go offense best available in late round 2

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 08, 2007, 03:19:04 AM

I've seen the highlights of Gaines.   I'm not sold on him as a Simeon Rice type stud player.

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 08, 2007, 03:25:57 AM

I would soooooo much rather have JT than Adams. I think if JT's there, grab him.
EGGZACTLY!

But WTH (eck) are you going to do if all you have is Quinn, Okoye, or Adams?

I would take Adams over all three, and then go Thomas in round 2, and Kalil in round 2.  (If possible)

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm starting to lean Quinn in that scenario.  I just don't have faith in the QB stable.  And while I still have hope for Grads, You don't get that many shots at a top QB...

psymun

Starter
#9 : April 08, 2007, 03:33:46 AM

Matt Hasselback - 6th Round

Brett Favre - 2nd Round

Steve Young - Supplemental Draft

Joe Montana - 3rd Round

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 08, 2007, 03:37:53 AM

I'd go with Quinn over Adams or Okoye as well for the same reason as caradoc mentioned.

Steve Young was the NUMBER ONE pick in the supplemental draft.   That means he was the first pick in that draft.  Reggie White was number two.   Young would have been the first player taken in the NFL draft as well if he hadn't joined the usfl.   He was also the first pick in the draft in the usfl.    He's a terrible example if you are trying to say you can get QB's late.   

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 08, 2007, 03:42:00 AM

I dont think you can find greatness late in the draft at any position easily.   It does happen, but you have to go with the positions that are most important in the early rounds because they are your best bet to be great players.   I think QB is number one most important.   A great rushing defensive lineman is likely the 2nd most important, followed by a great left tackle if you have a right handed QB.   

Balls Out

Starter
#12 : April 08, 2007, 05:47:09 AM

I can't see Gruden/Allen taking a QB...we already have 2 young QB's and lets face it, they need somebody who can help them win games now.

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

140BPM

Practice Squad

#13 : April 08, 2007, 07:40:02 AM

Spoke with a coaching friend of mine today in Phoenix...he coaches LB's under Ryan in Oakland....he told me we should forget about CJ because the NATION is going to take him with the 1st pick and QB Trent Edwards out of Stanford with their 2nd round pick...

Let's swap with the Cardinals so they can have the 4th pick (JT) and we get the 5th (Adams) as well as they give us their higher 2nd for our lower 2nd...

Judging how you put "NATION" in all caps, I'd say you're a Faider fan in disguise just looking to troll around.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 08, 2007, 08:36:09 AM

Yeah. Anyway we aren't getting enough just to move up in the 2nd. 

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ by the Bay...Oakland that is... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools