Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ by the Bay...Oakland that is... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #15 : April 08, 2007, 09:44:25 AM »

We need to trade down and take Okoye. Wyms is injury prone and after him out UTs are pretty garbage. Unless Okoye stock slips,then take Gaines Adams trade back in the 1st round for Okoye or Carriker. Can you imagine our Dline? Adams and Carriker/Okoye? If Adams were to play good in the season,and Rice has fallen off. We need trade Rice like we did McFatty.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

LVBUC

Practice Squad

« #16 : April 08, 2007, 09:50:35 AM »

No way will Gruden drat a QB.  Garcia, Plummer, Simms, McNown, Grad.  The Bucs will only keep 3.  If the Bucs pick Quinn, he gets a spot that only leaves 2 spots.  Garcia gets one and Simms the other?  What if Plummer plays?

2007 opening day QBs are

Garcia
Simms
Grad

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #17 : April 08, 2007, 09:52:34 AM »

Can you imagine our Dline? Adams and Carriker/Okoye?
I can't imagine two rookies on the D-line under Kiffin.  Won't happen.  Okoye wouldn't be an immediate starter.  He wouldn't start until 2008 at the earliest.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #18 : April 08, 2007, 09:57:22 AM »

Can you imagine our Dline? Adams and Carriker/Okoye?
I can't imagine two rookies on the D-line under Kiffin.  Won't happen.  Okoye wouldn't be an immediate starter.  He wouldn't start until 2008 at the earliest.
Ellis Wyms is never healthy. You never know,Okoye could blow Kiffin away like he did with Coyer.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

« #19 : April 08, 2007, 10:48:22 AM »

That was as bad as all the Gators we drafted.....I like Adams at 4 or 5....love McCauley with our first 2nd....kid is a stud out west....wouldn't mind seeing Merriweather slip to us as well...always need Canes in the secondary...go offense best available in late round 2

McCauley has fallen off the map. He cannot play zone/off coverage and is only good in bump and run. At the senior bowl he was abused, daily and his play from his junior year was night and day. He is good in press-man coverage, we don't run press man coverage.

The best CB in R2 B would be Ternard Jackson from Syracuse. McCauley doesn't fit the scheme and is on a major slide.

Baghead #2

ryan24

Hall of Famer
« #20 : April 08, 2007, 11:05:06 AM »

Spoke with a coaching friend of mine today in Phoenix...he coaches LB's under Ryan in Oakland....he told me we should forget about CJ because the NATION is going to take him with the 1st pick and QB Trent Edwards out of Stanford with their 2nd round pick...

as a Raider fan please tell us why the Raiders would spend the first pick on a draft pick who will not upgrade a position on your team?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

gharen

Pro Bowler

« #21 : April 08, 2007, 11:13:11 AM »

Brady Quinn is who we should take. We might not be in position to get a top QB for some time and the guys we have all have big ?'s.

Balls Out

Starter
« #22 : April 08, 2007, 11:58:59 AM »

Brady Quinn is who we should take. We might not be in position to get a top QB for some time and the guys we have all have big ?'s.

If we don't get a shot at a top QB for some time it will mean one of our current QB's is doing the job...cause I don't see our d-fence carrying this team in the near future...unlike the good ol' days.

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

« #23 : April 08, 2007, 12:04:19 PM »

Spoke with a coaching friend of mine today in Phoenix...he coaches LB's under Ryan in Oakland

Am I the only one that doesn't have a friend, family member, or a 10 times removed uncle that's is a team insider and works for an NFL team?  ;)

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #24 : April 08, 2007, 12:09:48 PM »

Spoke with a coaching friend of mine today in Phoenix...he coaches LB's under Ryan in Oakland

Am I the only one that doesn't have a friend, family member, or a 10 times removed uncle that's is a team insider and works for an NFL team?  ;)

A very strange thing happened the other day here in Bangkok.   I saw a thai guy wearing a Raider shirt.   This is an extremely rare event and had to be a sign.   So I asked the guy (who happened to be a drunk thai beggar laying in the gutter)  "who do you think the Raiders will pick?"    He said something in thai that I couldn't understand and held his hand out as if he wanted some money to buy thai whiskey.    I wonder who that meant they would pick?    It's quite interesting to think about.

Badabingnrt

Starter

« #25 : April 08, 2007, 12:13:43 PM »

That's odd because I talked to the QB coach of Oakland and he said that we could forget about JaMarcus Russell...

interesting..

« #26 : April 08, 2007, 12:20:39 PM »

My thoughts exactly. Enuff with these posts.... the draft can't get here soon enuff.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

« #27 : April 08, 2007, 12:30:17 PM »

I guess the NATION figures that if they take CJ they will pick close to first next year as well and THEN they can draft someone to play QB.

PHXBUC

Practice Squad

« #28 : April 08, 2007, 01:08:45 PM »

You guys are brutal but funny....I am a diehard Bucs fan out here in the desert but originally from Brandon....my coaching friend (George Martinez) and I discussed this at his wedding yesterday....I argued and pleaded for them not to take CJ but he said Kiffin and Davis are on the same page....correct...the draft can't get here any sooner..

Booker

Hall of Famer

« #29 : April 08, 2007, 01:21:17 PM »

lol
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: CJ by the Bay...Oakland that is... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools