Boards > Pirate's Cove

Pet Peeve's

(1/8) > >>

gone:
What are your pet peeves?  (Gawd I'm bored, Insomnia sux)

1) My wife steps out of the shower onto the bathmat before she dries off.  Since she wakes up before me, I always get stuck with a wet bathmat.  I've explained the "dry while IN the shower/tub" concept countless times to no avail.  GRRRrrrrr...

2) Women with hyphenated last names.  Why do they always seem to be compensating?  Why the big chip?

3) People who write checks in the grocery store.  They usually don't even reach for the book until it's rung up either.  Get a debit card!

4) People who merge slow.  If you're merging into 70 mph traffic, why the hell are you slowing down to 40?

5) People with loud car stereos.  I love hearing your rap music blasting by as I try to go to sleep, really, I do!

6) People who yell on phones.  It's almost always women, but some guys do it too.  Here's a tip: you don't need to scream, the sound is carried electronicly.  Why in the world do you feel you need to raise your voice?  Do you think it won't carry far enough?

JavaBuc:
I agree with these.

2) Women with hyphenated last names. Why do they always seem to be compensating? Why the big chip?

I agree.  When I meet any woman who has a hyphenated name, I immediately lose respect for that woman.

3) People who write checks in the grocery store. They usually don't even reach for the book until it's rung up either. Get a debit card!

I think only women and gays use checks at a grocery store.   And you're right, they rarely reach for the book until it's rung up.   Another pet peeve of mine is that people don't reach for their purse or wallet at all until the thing is rung up either.   As if they don't know they have to pay.  Give me a break.  Then if they pay by cash, they search through their purse or wallet for friggin ever trying to find exact change.   It takes me like 2 seconds to get the money into that cashier's hand.   Some people take like 5 minutes.   

4) People who merge slow. If you're merging into 70 mph traffic, why the hell are you slowing down to 40?

Don't ever move to Indonesia, it's 100 times worse there.  People edge into traffic going 2 miles an hour.

5) People with loud car stereos. I love hearing your rap music blasting by as I try to go to sleep, really, I do!

I think cops should give kids tickets who play those radios with the loud bass too loudly.   Sometimes I'll sit at a stop light and my car will shake because the car behind me has the music on too loud.   That's just plain ignorance.

6) People who yell on phones. It's almost always women, but some guys do it too. Here's a tip: you don't need to scream, the sound is carried electronicly. Why in the world do you feel you need to raise your voice? Do you think it won't carry far enough?

I find this to be the worst with people from India.   For some reason, they all scream when they talk on the phone.   And the worst thing is that they do it in elevators!   Dumbasses.

Here's some of my own.

7) People who go to the airport without already booking their connections.    It takes 2 minutes to shoot an email to your travel agent and have them rebook your ticket prior to your arrival at the airport.   But people will show up at the airport with a ticket for a different flight and spend 30 minutes at the check in counter booking their connections.   200 people will be waiting in line behind them as they hold up the line and make everyone end up having to rush for their flights due to being checked in late.

8) At the airport again.   People who stand at the baggage carousel and stand right up against it then "chicken neck" over in front of you to look for their bags so that you can't see a thing.   If they just stood back normally, they could see fine and so could everyone else.

9) At international airport immigrations.   People who get to the front of the line and haven't filled out their immigrations form yet so they have to do it there at the desk.   This drives me crazy since they tell you 10 times to have it filled out before you get there.   Unfortunately, it's usually americans I see doing this.   For some reason, we seem to have less sense than anyone else when we travel.

10) Air travel again.   I hate it when I travel to countries where you have to "re-confirm" your flight prior to departure.   I can have a flight that I have already booked for a certain day and made no changes to that itinerary at all, but if I don't re-confirm that I am going to take that flight, they will bump me even if I show up on time.   It used to be that I always had to re-confirm in these foreign countries, so I always did it.   But now it's a rare occasion that it's necessary.   But if you try to re-confirm and didn't need to, they act like you're an idiot.    You never know when it's necessary and when it's not because the policy changes from airline to airline and country to country.   Just when I haven't had to worry about it in a while, I'll get to the check in window and they'll tell me "you didn't re-confirm, we bumped you from the flight - you'll have to fly tomorrow."   

11) Air travel again.   I hate that when I fly anywhere in Asia, they have a special "vegetarian" meal for Indians.    Indians complain like you wouldn't believe if the airlines out here don't provide them with their special needs.    That would be fine except that many indians will also select the western meal that I prefer, and at times the western meal will be sold out by the time they come to me.   So i end up stuck with a garbage vegetarian meal.   A vegetarian meal sounds nice, I like vegetables.   the problem is that they **CENSORED**e and flavor it up with complete crap to suit indian tastes.   I can't even eat it.   

Then the kicker is that when I fly domestically within india, they do not have a western meal on the plane.  only vegetarian.   That's complete crap considering how much they complain about not getting their special food on the other flights outside india.

klb55:
When people who don't hang the dish cloth so it dries properly.  The fun part is when you go to use it.  Now your hands smell like hell and you have to wash your hands a least twice to get that awful smell off of them.

When people don't close the show curain after showering.  I love the mildew that forms.

That is just a few.  I've got to sleep but I'll add more tomorrow.  I'm sure this thread will get a lot of responses.

klb55:
When someone had 20 items, many of which are produce that need to be weighed, in the 10 or less line.  Oh, and then they write a check.

JavaBuc:

--- Quote from: klb55 on April 08, 2007, 05:16:04 AM ---many of which are produce that need to be weighed
--- End quote ---

That's one area where they are smarter than us out here in Asia.   In Asian grocery stores, you have to get your produce weighed in the produce department.   They put it in a bag with a price sticker after weighing.   The Cashier doesn't have to do anything but ring it up.   That system makes alot more sense.

Morgan:
The airline carousel is a good one. Always ticks me off when people corral up against the courousel blocking the view.

Another peeve: Slow drivers in the left hand lane (the passing lane in Europe).

Grocery shopping - people oblivious to anyone around them that are trying to pass them in the grocery lanes while they're trying to decide what to buy.

People who don't use their blinker when making a turn.

klb55:

--- Quote from: JavaBuc on April 08, 2007, 05:29:38 AM ---
--- Quote from: klb55 on April 08, 2007, 05:16:04 AM ---many of which are produce that need to be weighed
--- End quote ---

That's one area where they are smarter than us out here in Asia.   In Asian grocery stores, you have to get your produce weighed in the produce department.   They put it in a bag with a price sticker after weighing.   The Cashier doesn't have to do anything but ring it up.   That system makes alot more sense.

--- End quote ---

good system plus the Asian women.........that's it I'm moving ;D

klb55:
A person who won't move right in a multi-lane highway so you can pass.

The waitress who screws up your coffee/sugar/half n half proportions by refilling the coffee before you've finished.

When you say thank you and the person doesn't respond.

Morgan:
People overly picky about their order in restaurants (including coffee).

klb55:
Restaurant employees who cannot accomplish one or more of the following simple tasks: taking an order, relaying the order to the kitchen, or excecuting the order.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version