Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs won't select a QB with the #4 pick! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

LVBUC

Practice Squad

: April 08, 2007, 09:59:24 AM

No way will Gruden drat a QB.  Garcia, Plummer, Simms, McNown, Grad.  The Bucs will only keep 3.  If the Bucs pick Quinn, he gets a spot, that only leaves 2 spots.  Garcia gets one and Simms the other?  What if Plummer plays?  McNown was doing great until he hurt his knee.  There for a while Gruden was suggesting that Grad was the QB of the future until he had some growing pain.   The Bucs are going to have a hard time determining who to keep at QB all ready without adding a high ST round pick to the equation   

2007 opening day QBs are

Garcia
Simms
Grad

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 08, 2007, 10:01:06 AM

Good to know. I'm also wondering if the sun is coming up tomorrow.  Any insight about that?

JC510

Practice Squad

#2 : April 08, 2007, 10:02:11 AM

Yea it's common sense. Especially since Gruden/Allen are supposedly on the hotseat.

Bucs would take Okoye or Adams over one of the QBs.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 08, 2007, 10:05:12 AM

Except none of those QBs are going to lead the Bucs to the promised land so it would be short sighted top pass up on Russell or Quinn who potentially could because Gruden is trying to win 7 games next season instead of 6.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#4 : April 08, 2007, 11:17:45 AM

I agree, FRG. None of the Qb's we have are going to be mistaken for a SB winning QB. We should draft Quinn, let him learn for a year behind Garcia and play next year. Coming from Weis's pro style offense, his learning curve might not be as long as a lot of rookies.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 08, 2007, 11:24:36 AM

Good to know. I'm also wondering if the sun is coming up tomorrow.  Any insight about that?

C'mon Itch. You can't presume anything. It's all a smokescreen....or a cloudscreen....or something like that.

:-)

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

#6 : April 08, 2007, 11:32:09 AM

Unless they trade Simms and the rights to Plummer, this is a non-issue IMHO.

The Bucs board should look something like this:

JT
CJ
trade down
Okoye/ Anderson/ Adams

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#7 : April 08, 2007, 11:41:02 AM

I  don't think it's likely that the Bucs will draft a QB but it's not completely out of the question.

If a QB is taken, it's not entirely out of the question to have 4 QB's on the roster, and it's also not out of the question that we might trade one or more (I'm thinking Simms or Plummer). Also, Plummer might not even show up to play.

So you could be looking at:

Garcia
Simms
Draft Pick
Grads

or something like

Garcia
Plummer
Draft Pick
Grads

or even

Garcia
Draft Pick
Grads
(which wouldn't be the best way to go considering what happened last season)

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#8 : April 08, 2007, 11:55:14 AM

I wasn't aware we had a QB named McNown.  Must have missed where we signed Cade.

Anyway, IF we draft a QB round 1 I think we'd go Garcia, Simms, Russell/Quinn.  I don't see us keeping Grads as a backup over Simms.  I doubt we'd carry 4 QB's either, given the caliber of those 3.

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#9 : April 08, 2007, 11:57:59 AM

I wasn't aware we had a QB named McNown.  Must have missed where we signed Cade.

Anyway, IF we draft a QB round 1 I think we'd go Garcia, Simms, Russell/Quinn.  I don't see us keeping Grads as a backup over Simms.  I doubt we'd carry 4 QB's either, given the caliber of those 3.

I considered McCown when I made my above post, but I really think he's going to be cut when we trim the roster after TC. The position is just too stocked right now and Grads has him beat because of his experience.

Again, just my opinion.

Balls Out

Starter
#10 : April 08, 2007, 12:06:56 PM

I agree, FRG. None of the Qb's we have are going to be mistaken for a SB winning QB. We should draft Quinn, let him learn for a year behind Garcia and play next year. Coming from Weis's pro style offense, his learning curve might not be as long as a lot of rookies.

Let's try to keep in mind that we have 2 QBs who haven't even started 16 games in the most complicated system in the NFL...this years SB winning QB didn't look like one after his first 16 games either...not saying either is Manning, just making a point.

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

LVBUC

Practice Squad

#11 : April 08, 2007, 12:37:17 PM

I doubt we would carry 4 QB's.  Half of the teams now are going with 2 QB's.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 08, 2007, 12:57:34 PM

No way will Gruden drat a QB. Garcia, Plummer, Simms, McNown, Grad. The Bucs will only keep 3. If the Bucs pick Quinn, he gets a spot, that only leaves 2 spots. Garcia gets one and Simms the other? What if Plummer plays? McNown was doing great until he hurt his knee. There for a while Gruden was suggesting that Grad was the QB of the future until he had some growing pain. The Bucs are going to have a hard time determining who to keep at QB all ready without adding a high ST round pick to the equation

2007 opening day QBs are

Garcia
Simms
Grad

I'd rather see us deal Simms and go into camp with Garcia, McCown, and Grads.  From the way the FO is talking, though, it seems unlikely.

gone

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 08, 2007, 12:58:15 PM

I think you're assuming too much LV.  First, it isn't guaranteed that Simms is #2, nobody should be shocked if he falls to #3.  And whil carrying 4 is unlikely, it's not out of the realm.  We know that Jeff is a 2-3 year deal (more likely 2), so you need to keep a "permanent" roster of about 3 -- no way we roll with just 2 when there are big questions about simms' ability to stay healthy and Grads ability to improve.

It would be very possible, despite what some are saying, that we draft a QB and trade simms, giving us Garcia->Grads->Quinn/JR  with the long-term look to be Quinn/JR with Grads as backup.

#14 : April 08, 2007, 01:08:24 PM

Teams can still dress an 'emergency' QB right ? If that's the case, we can safely assume Gruden will carry three on the active roster.

No way will Gruden drat a QB. Garcia, Plummer, Simms, McNown, Grad. The Bucs will only keep 3. If the Bucs pick Quinn, he gets a spot, that only leaves 2 spots. Garcia gets one and Simms the other? What if Plummer plays? McNown was doing great until he hurt his knee. There for a while Gruden was suggesting that Grad was the QB of the future until he had some growing pain. The Bucs are going to have a hard time determining who to keep at QB all ready without adding a high ST round pick to the equation

2007 opening day QBs are

Garcia
Simms
Grad

I'd rather see us deal Simms and go into camp with Garcia, McCown, and Grads.  From the way the FO is talking, though, it seems unlikely.

What I'd like to see is them getting some value for Simms, re-sign Rattay and then let him, Grads & McCown battle it out. The problem with that scenario is that Rattay doesn't seem to show up in practice and only in games.

Simms doesn't appear to be a good fit for what Jon wants to do. While I like Simms and think he still may have potential with the way Gruden adjusts to his strengths, his value to this team is that he knows the playbook (and that has even been debated) and has the starting experience here.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs won't select a QB with the #4 pick! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools