Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: for anyone who thinks the raiders will take CJ « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 09, 2007, 08:50:01 AM

If I was a Raider fan I would want Russell.  With that said if I was a Brown or Lion fan I would want CJ.

I think those teams do the right thing and not take the WR at this point. Rather it is Russell, Thomas, Quinn, Adams or Peterson I think the three picks will come from those players -- and they should.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Hit-55

Starter

#16 : April 09, 2007, 06:04:53 PM

I know that there is talk of Oakland getting McCown from Detroit but I don't think Al will pass on Russell like he did Elway. I also don't see Oakland doing any kind of trade with us. But regardless we will still get instant help, Johnson, Thomas, Adams, Okoye it really looks good from the 4 spot.

Fire the cannons!!!

LawFitz

Rookie

#17 : April 09, 2007, 08:47:09 PM

I know that there is talk of Oakland getting McCown from Detroit but I don't think Al will pass on Russell like he did Elway. I also don't see Oakland doing any kind of trade with us. But regardless we will still get instant help, Johnson, Thomas, Adams, Okoye it really looks good from the 4 spot.

Al did not pass on Elway...  he had a trade done in principal with the Colts and then the league stepped in and brokered a trade with the Donkies instead, leaving Al out in the cold.  That being said John Elway >>>>>>>>>>> JaBustus.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 09, 2007, 08:53:13 PM

He passed.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

LawFitz

Rookie

#19 : April 09, 2007, 08:53:48 PM

they wont because they have some good recievers that can play 3 or 4 to be exact one makes 10 million dollars we know him as randy moss

LOL at your reasoning...

Moss - total cancer who has declining skills, no heart and half a brain.  Oh and he walks routes on running plays and dogged it for most of last season, intentionally dropping passes.  Then this offseason, he's repeatedly dissed Kiffin.  F that guy.  I would trade him for a bag of peanuts right now...  Addition by subtraction.

Porter - see Moss, except for the dogging Kiffin part.  I'm ready to give JP on last shot, but he can in no way be counted upon at this point.

Curry - awesome player and human being.  Just a good guy with tons of talent and not much luck.  Three achilles tears makes me nervous about relying on him for anything.  But I do love him being on the team if he can stay healthy.

Gabriel - please, he's way overrated.  Can't hold on to passes consistently and keeps getting into coach's doghouse.   There's a reason why we traded him last year for just a 5th round pick and then got him back for free!

Whitted - a complete joke.  The modern James Jett.  Wouldn't even make the roster of most other teams, let alone get any playing time.

Morant - Has major upside, but is totally unproven.  Also has a rep for not being the smartest guy.

Frances - a rich man's Whitted with a ton of injuries so far.  No thanks.

Buchanon - see Morant.

TRUST ME, the Raiders WR corps is way overrated and a legitimate need going into the draft assuming they dump Moss.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 09, 2007, 08:55:42 PM

Trust me, talk about famous phrases... LOL

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: for anyone who thinks the raiders will take CJ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools