Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Edell Shepard... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

: October 03, 2006, 10:34:17 PM

Did any of you guys watch him in Action against Miami? Man, I miss this kid, miss his speed and determination. Despite his dropped balls, the kid was developing into something great. It ached me when they released him. He sparked the offense in Houston in a few drives with his speed and agility.

Best wishes to ya Edell ;D

Larry Brackins

Starter
#1 : October 04, 2006, 12:46:14 AM

lol

"Despite his dropped balls he was developing into something great"

oximoron!

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#2 : October 04, 2006, 01:39:41 AM

lol, It's true though dude. Edell has a lot of potential.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 04, 2006, 02:36:01 AM

Edell was a great route runner, and could be a good 3rd receiver, but there was just a logjam at WR for the bucs and they just coudn't keep him over the others. He could have been a younger Ike for the team if he actually held on to the balls that went his way. The guy can get separation from corners real well.

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#4 : October 04, 2006, 03:06:40 AM

My point is Edell showed great promise and obviously the whole dropped ball thing he would've adjusted. He looked really good at the houston game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Bucs released him to keep Boston, but yet Boston is gone?

S.A.N.T.A.N.A.

Starter

#5 : October 04, 2006, 03:25:00 AM

Am I missing something??
He had 1 catch for 7 yards, and a run for 6 yards against Miami.
His best play was a 41 yard KR... big deal.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 04, 2006, 08:33:13 AM

Potential isn't enough, until it becomes fulfilled. Marquis Walker had "potential".

gone

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 04, 2006, 01:10:09 PM

He's not gone because we decided to keep warren, at least not directly.  We are full on WR.  Stovall is likely going to be the real 4th reciever.  That is the reason he got cut.  It looks like the primary goal for that slot is return guy, and the team obviously thinks Warren will eventually be better.  If they cut Warren and he shows aces next year or late this year, we'd regret keeping shep, because all we are really looking for is a return guy.    Shep is good enough to play on some teams, and he knows it, he wouldn't stick around just to return, so we'd lose him fairly soon too.

#8 : October 04, 2006, 01:12:49 PM

Despite his dropped balls, the kid was developing into something great.

I thought part of the problem was that his balls hadn't dropped yet?  ;)

Maybe I'm confused.  Or maybe they finally have.  ???

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#9 : October 04, 2006, 09:05:32 PM

I liked Edell on the Bucs.  Good luck to him.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#10 : October 04, 2006, 09:16:52 PM

The real reason Edell is gone is Edell. He doesn't return punts and so we had to keep Mark Jones instead.

LA BUC

Starter

#11 : October 05, 2006, 12:54:41 AM

The man who dropped the ball.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 05, 2006, 12:24:37 PM

Edell was a great route runner, and could be a good 3rd receiver, but there was just a logjam at WR for the bucs and they just coudn't keep him over the others.

What I dont get then is why they kept David Boston over Edell, when looking back on it, it seemed as if they were going to cut Boston anyway, which they did.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 05, 2006, 12:26:28 PM

There's a whole lot more to the WR position than simply catching the football.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 05, 2006, 01:29:00 PM

Cutting Edell, IMO reflects more on the coaching than the player.  He had plenty to work with, but our WR coach couldn't polish him.   Come to think of it, Clayton was great before playing a year here.  Maybe there is a pattern...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Edell Shepard... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools