Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Caddy autographed mini helmet for FREE anyone? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TURBO

Hall of Famer

: October 26, 2006, 08:35:12 PM

damn, I forgot the link, here it is:

https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=FAAIES

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 26, 2006, 08:35:34 PM

Everytime you apply for a credit card, your credit score goes down

not enough to matter, my credit is pristine.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 26, 2006, 08:36:41 PM

You still have to pay back the money you spent.

duh!

I used the new card once, and would have used a different one...

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 26, 2006, 08:02:20 PM

But it's no more expensive than any other card you're using already if you pay on time

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 26, 2006, 07:58:06 PM

I'd do that in a heartbeat. Your score doesn't go down that much....it's worth it.

Dominico

Starter

#5 : October 26, 2006, 07:49:55 PM

Everytime you apply for a credit card, your credit score goes down

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 26, 2006, 07:53:21 PM

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 26, 2006, 07:42:00 PM

I sent in my application, got the card in the mail yesterday and used it.  Now, after the helmet gets into my hands, I'll cancel the card...

Did this for a Derrick Brooks jersey, and a BUCs blanket too...

Works like a charm!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 26, 2006, 10:30:49 PM

Good scam.     

I'm curious how these credit bureau's rank the credit scores.   I have 2 credit cards which I charge about $3000 per month on but pay them off in full each month.   I've never been late with a payment.   My friend has 5 cards which are all maxed out.   He's about $30,000 in debt on those cards and pays about the minimum each month.    He also earns about 50% less than I do per year and has far less equity than me.   Yet his credit rating is better than mine.    that makes no sense to me.

I've come to the conclusion that the credit rating system in this country is ridiculous.   It's tailored to try to get you as far in debt as possible.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 26, 2006, 10:41:03 PM

I've come to the conclusion that the credit rating system in this country is ridiculous.   It's tailored to try to get you as far in debt as possible.

A good credit scoring system would take account of ability to pay (i.e income - expenditure), and the ability to recover the debt if the borrower falls into default (i.e assets/equity).  The US systems fails to take account of either of these.  [banghead]

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#10 : October 26, 2006, 10:44:20 PM

I thought about doing this a couple times but haven't yet.

WILLBLEE

Starter

#11 : October 26, 2006, 11:43:40 PM

I did it for a Brooks jersey also, 2 years ago or more. It took forever for the jersey to arrive.
MBNA I think, with a Bucs flag on the card. Pretty sweet and all the cashiers ask, "you a Bucs fan?"...derrrr duh

gone

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 26, 2006, 11:58:43 PM

Good scam.     

I'm curious how these credit bureau's rank the credit scores.   I have 2 credit cards which I charge about $3000 per month on but pay them off in full each month.   I've never been late with a payment.   My friend has 5 cards which are all maxed out.   He's about $30,000 in debt on those cards and pays about the minimum each month.    He also earns about 50% less than I do per year and has far less equity than me.   Yet his credit rating is better than mine.    that makes no sense to me.

THey make more money off of your friend.  He's also shown that he can carry a large amount of debt.  He's also got a bigger record than you, makes more payments...like a QB who threw 50 passes for 80% comp vs one who threw 300 for 70% -- you take the guy with more passes.  I'd guess he has a longer history too... He's also probably charging less than you, just carrying more.  That has an effect too.  Hell, paying off a balance isn't what matters, it doesn't help you to pay a card to zero.  You're better off rating-wise to carry that balance and NOT pay it all off at once...What they want to see is that you can manage a large balance consistently.  Thats what credit means...
I had to learn the system....When I met my wife, she had an incredible history.  I had none, never used a CC in my life.  I couldn't even get a card without going the secured card route.  Took me forever to build it up, we put everything in her name those first few years.  Now mines the same as hers.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 27, 2006, 12:04:40 AM

Well said, caradoc.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 27, 2006, 10:28:31 AM

in case you missed it, here is the link:

https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=FAAIES

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Caddy autographed mini helmet for FREE anyone? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools