Boards > Pirate's Cove

Proud to be an American.

(1/1)

Skull and Bones:
Joe Calazaghe vs. Peter Manfredo 12 Rd. Super Middleweight Championship

Millenum Stadium Cardiff, Wales

This fight was just on HBO.  The champion Calazaghe is from Wales.  Manfredo the U.S.  Both the American nation anthem and Wales national anthem were sung.  The American anthem was greeted with boos at the end.

ufojoe:
And Manfredo was hammered. I'd be proud to be from Wales after that fight.

magicfan39126:
Chicken Manfredo is one of my favorite things to order at the Olive Garden.

Lynch47:

--- Quote from: Skull and Bones on April 08, 2007, 08:39:04 PM ---Joe Calazaghe vs. Peter Manfredo 12 Rd. Super Middleweight Championship

This fight was just on HBO. The champion Calazaghe is from Wales. Manfredo the U.S. Both the American nation anthem and Wales national anthem were sung. The American anthem was greeted with boos at the end.

--- End quote ---
Yeah they must be so proud of themselves. Morons

rayfsc07:
I liked Manfredo on the Contender.

Randy:

--- Quote from: Skull and Bones on April 08, 2007, 08:39:04 PM ---Joe Calazaghe vs. Peter Manfredo 12 Rd. Super Middleweight Championship

This fight was just on HBO. The champion Calazaghe is from Wales. Manfredo the U.S. Both the American nation anthem and Wales national anthem were sung. The American anthem was greeted with boos at the end.

--- End quote ---

What do seriously expect from a bunch of Taffies   ;D

If is fairly common at British and European sporting events to boo the opposing national anthem after it finishes.  That is a sign of support for the home team/man more than disrespect of the visitor.  When they are being disrespectful that would boo all the way through the opposing teams anthem.   

Skull and Bones:
well you learn something new every day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version