Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More Cadillac Rumors « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Samari28

Hall of Famer
: April 08, 2007, 09:44:39 PM

Saw this on SI.com and this is getting old - where is Trenton anyway?

There's a crazy rumor fueled by Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden's praise of Adrian Peterson: The Bucs could take the Oklahoma running back at No. 4 and then trade Cadillac Williams (Green Bay? Buffalo?) for a pick and a player.
-- Trenton Times

This would be stupid as Cadillac is still a better back than Peterson and if this happens mark me as one wanting us to fire Gruden and Allen.  Why would we invest a top five pick in a back, have him be productive behind our crap OL and crap QB's then give up on him two years into his career for a player who has not played a down and who has worse blocking and receiving skills than Cadillac and who gets hurt just as much if not more?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 08, 2007, 09:59:09 PM

Trenton is in New Jersey.  I actually speculated something similar previously.  I doubt it happens, though.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 08, 2007, 10:10:38 PM

I would start crying if that happened.

Why start over with another rookie RB who has the same flaws as Carnell?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 08, 2007, 10:13:08 PM

Smokescreen,Gruden is playing the game trying to make teams like(Green Bay,Buffalo, and Denver) pull an insane deal. I don't know if those teams bite on this but this Cadillac rumor stuff is helping. I don't think we trade Carnell, its pick AD and get a pick and a player.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#4 : April 08, 2007, 10:13:14 PM

I would start crying if that happened.

Why start over with another rookie RB who has the same flaws as Carnell?

I would also be kind of upset if we picked Adrian Peterson.  RB isn't our biggest need right now and if Calvin Johnson is off the board, I say take Gaines Adams because he would fill our biggest need and he is a great player.

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 08, 2007, 10:33:03 PM

Smokescreen,Gruden is playing the game trying to make teams like(Green Bay,Buffalo, and Denver) pull an insane deal. I don't know if those teams bite on this but this Cadillac rumor stuff is helping. I don't think we trade Carnell, its pick AD and get a pick and a player.
And I hope it works!

JC510

Practice Squad

#6 : April 08, 2007, 10:39:14 PM

Peterson will probably be the 4th pick, but it won't be the Bucs picking. Someone is gonna go up and get him and we would be able to land Okoye or Nelson.

And Samari, Peterson is better than Cadillac.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 08, 2007, 10:47:59 PM

out of the top 10 players, I see Peterson as the least likely of the bunch.  Just smoke IMO.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#8 : April 08, 2007, 11:16:50 PM

No way do we pick Peterson.  We're trying to get someone to make a big time deal.  I'm talking about a deal that would get us a first, a second, and a player for our 4th overall.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 09, 2007, 12:27:01 AM

Gruden is smokescreening this year like he's never done before. He's topping all of his past efforts by a wide margin. You've got to appreciate the skills of the master.

PeterDias

Practice Squad

#10 : April 09, 2007, 07:58:55 AM

Gruden is smokescreening this year like he's never done before. He's topping all of his past efforts by a wide margin. You've got to appreciate the skills of the master.

You are absolutely right. Yet again, Gruden proves he is the master of the NFL draft. His results speak for themselves, and I am excited to see what this offensive genius has up his sleeve for the 2007 draft.

BucLord

Starter

#11 : April 09, 2007, 08:12:07 AM

If in fact the Raiders do take CJ. We are gonna get some nice offers for that #4 pick. This is a smart move by us. This will make teams have to ante up more picks if they want to move to #4

Denver or Green Bay could offer us something nice.  I say we deal with Denver, swap 1st and make them throw their 2nd rd this year and nexts yrs 1st along with D.J Williams and a young kid I like alot is CB Domonique Foxworth who plays behind Champ Bailey

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 09, 2007, 08:23:27 AM

You are absolutely right. Yet again, Gruden proves he is the master of the NFL draft. His results speak for themselves, and I am excited to see what this offensive genius has up his sleeve for the 2007 draft.
Dear lord. Gruden may be the master of the month before the draft, but as for draft day his results are mixed at best.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucLord

Starter

#13 : April 09, 2007, 08:24:26 AM

He's topping all of his past efforts by a wide margin. You've got to appreciate the skills of the master.

Lets try and not go to over board here.

All teams that pick high in most drafts smokescreen. Lets not go and call the guy skilled at doing something elementary mkay?

I mean if even you can figure out he's smokescreening, dontcha think other GM's just might be out to lunch or something? We know that Denver has made it clear that they want Peterson bad.. I would be embarrassed as a Buc fan if Jon didnt come out with his comments about taking Peterson

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

BucLord

Starter

#14 : April 09, 2007, 08:26:25 AM

You are absolutely right. Yet again, Gruden proves he is the master of the NFL draft

Let us all know when we're suppose to laugh

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

It's always about Marcia

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: More Cadillac Rumors « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools