Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers Unsure Where Cato June Will Play « previous next »
Page: 1

bucs1

Practice Squad
: April 08, 2007, 09:48:27 PM

From KFFL.com: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Buccaneers | Unsure where June will play
Sun, 8 Apr 2007 09:20:55 -0700

Rick Stroud, of the St. Petersburg Times, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers LB Cato June will be a starter for the team, but it is not known where he will play. LB Derrick Brooks is a 10-time Pro Bowl player at weakside linebacker. June is not stout enough to play middle linebacker and LB Ryan Nece is currently the strongside linebacker. He will at least be on the field on passing downs. Head coach Jon Gruden said, "You know he's here for a reason. Wherever he decides to go, he's going to be a starter. He wants to make sure that's pretty well-documented and understood."

bucs1

Practice Squad
#1 : April 08, 2007, 09:53:33 PM

In the article from the St. Pete Times, Gruden implies that Cato June will start.  If Cato June doesn't beat out LB's Derrick Brooks and Ryan Nece, he it be an interesting experiment to try him out at saftey for a couple of pre-season games and see how he does.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 08, 2007, 10:03:22 PM

Man,they better find a place for him to start. Speed kills,June has it

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 08, 2007, 10:09:10 PM

June at Safety?!?!!?!?!    Very Interesting!

bucs1

Practice Squad
#4 : April 08, 2007, 10:10:45 PM

June at Safety?!?!!?!?!    Very Interesting!

Cato June did play saftey in college if you didn't already know that.

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 08, 2007, 10:24:49 PM

June at Safety?!?!!?!?! Very Interesting!

Cato June did play saftey in college if you didn't already know that.
That I did not know. thanks for informing me.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 08, 2007, 11:00:33 PM

I don't see us moving him back to S.  I still believe he's got the SLB spot locked up as a "try out" to replace Brooks next year.   I'd also like to see Neece get a shot in the middle to backup Ruud, while also providing depth at SLB.  Winborn gets to backup DB and if June fails to impress, he'll more than likely compete with a 2008 draft pick/FA.  That should leave one spot open for ST - most likely Mallard unless we someone add someone in the draft who lights it up in camp/preseason.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#7 : April 08, 2007, 11:14:16 PM

Ryan Nece?  I like the guy, but he will not beat out Cato June.  I am 100% confident that our LBing core will be Brooks, Ruud/Quarles, and Cato June.

gone

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 08, 2007, 11:32:09 PM

Here's a tip:

If you see "Stroud" in the byline, just stop reading.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 08, 2007, 11:33:03 PM

Here's a tip:

lmao   :D

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#10 : April 09, 2007, 12:39:34 AM

Here's a tip:

Right you are.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 09, 2007, 10:57:10 AM

From KFFL.com: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Buccaneers | Unsure where June will play
Sun, 8 Apr 2007 09:20:55 -0700

Rick Stroud, of the St. Petersburg Times, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers LB Cato June will be a starter for the team, but it is not known where he will play. LB Derrick Brooks is a 10-time Pro Bowl player at weakside linebacker. June is not stout enough to play middle linebacker and LB Ryan Nece is currently the strongside linebacker. He will at least be on the field on passing downs. Head coach Jon Gruden said, "You know he's here for a reason. Wherever he decides to go, he's going to be a starter. He wants to make sure that's pretty well-documented and understood."
One thing is for sure:  He will play.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers Unsure Where Cato June Will Play « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools