Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Calvin Johnson is the best player in this draft!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

#15 : April 09, 2007, 07:13:33 PM

For most of us here, Thomas is the brass ring, CJ is the consolation prize.

:o :o :o

I think JT had it 3:1 last time we polled.

I think its time for a new one.

You think you'll win this time Mr. Gore?

Maybe we should get PR to do an official poll.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 09, 2007, 07:22:08 PM

The Bucs draft does not hinge on CJ.  Would definately love to have him but only at #4.  He's a great talent, don't know if he's as rare as some "experts" make him out to be though.  The Bucs are not a WR away from contending again and there's no need to trade picks to move up.  If he's there at #4...pounce...otherwise they'll get a great propsect either way. 

If your a fan of the Raiders and want your team to draft CJ, that's cool, what fan wouldn't.  However I don't think in early-mid April many in the NFL let alone fans way out on the sidelines know what the Raiders are going to do with the pick.  To say the Bucs won't get him is a little presumptious.

I still think that come late April, Goddell will step to that podium and announce Russell as the Raiders #1 pick.  The Raiders are just trying to get teams, like the Bucs, to jump up and grab that #1 spot.  Some team may bite and take CJ before the Bucs can at #4.  For the price to move up that far, they can have him...one of a kind or not.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#17 : April 09, 2007, 07:22:38 PM

The Raiders taking CJ and Kalil with their first 2 makes it alot more plausible for a Joe Thomas/DE combo. THAT would have me doing cartwheels.

gone

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 09, 2007, 07:23:19 PM

The Raiders taking CJ and Kalil with their first 2 makes it alot more plausible for a Joe Thomas/DE combo. THAT would have me doing cartwheels.

I'd be pretty happy with that too (depending on the DE).

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 09, 2007, 07:24:45 PM

Lets do the poll. I would be shocked to see JT favored over CJ.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 09, 2007, 07:25:22 PM

Or maybe Thomas and a 2A safety (Merriweather) wouldn't be bad either.

Like I said, CJ is not the end all of the 2007 draft.  Will do cartwheels around my house if he's the Bucs pick.  Will do them while throwing up if he's the Bucs pick if we traded up to get him.

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 09, 2007, 07:26:54 PM

At this point Fresh, I couldn't even choose.  I've gone back and forth since Jan, CJ no Thomas, no definately CJ, nope Thomas, etc.  I couldn't even answer a poll with any leverage to one side. 

If I had to I'd choose CJ.

MVP

Pro Bowler

#22 : April 09, 2007, 07:55:46 PM

As has been beatin to death here..Apologies to Dal, a WR wont instantly make you a winner. Esp on a pathetic team like the QB'less raiders

Neither the Raiders, nor the Bucs are in a position to become instant winners, but I'll tell you right now that CJ will create instant offensive spacing as he draws 2-3 defenders on every play. That spacing will create running and receiving lanes for the rest of the offense even on plays where CJ doesn't touch the ball.

6'5''
240 lbs
4.35 forty
43" vertical leap
engineering student
high character
good teammate
tremendous work ethic

If you could create the perfect prospect, this would be it. This is the type of guy you build a team an locker room around. Notice how he chose Ga Tech in order to get a good education. Notice how he never complained about the PATHETIC QBs throwing to him. This guy is too good to be true and barring injury will be the best WR in this league very soon (by a wide margin). Imagine a young Randy Moss, with WAY more bulk and get this, a GOOD ATTITUDE.

You don't pass up on a player like this for a guy with huge question marks like JaBustus. If some how you guys get CJ at #4, which will not happen IMO, it will be the STEAL OF THE CENTURY!!!

No wide out taken no. 1 has amounted to anything in the NFL. Premium WR can be found later in the draft, in free agency, trades and so on. It is the Raiders who are so throughly screwed right now. They have the first pick and if either Jamarcus or Calvin don't pan out your franchise is set back years. Al Davis is might as well have a grenade in his hand then the first round pick. The Raiders are praying for the Bucs to trade up with them. We have the luxury of taking the player that best helps us at no. 4. You however need a savior. You can have CJ. Plus a team that was crushed by us in the Super Bowl and had the worst record in the NFL has no excuse to be chidding us. The real joke is your team  :D

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#23 : April 09, 2007, 07:35:28 PM

As has been beatin to death here..Apologies to Dal, a WR wont instantly make you a winner. Esp on a pathetic team like the QB'less raiders

LawFitz

Rookie

#24 : April 09, 2007, 07:43:22 PM

Neither the Raiders, nor the Bucs are in a position to become instant winners, but I'll tell you right now that CJ will create instant offensive spacing as he draws 2-3 defenders on every play.  That spacing will create running and receiving lanes for the rest of the offense even on plays where CJ doesn't touch the ball.

6'5''
240 lbs
4.35 forty
43" vertical leap
engineering student
high character
good teammate
tremendous work ethic

If you could create the perfect prospect, this would be it.  This is the type of guy you build a team an locker room around.  Notice how he chose Ga Tech in order to get a good education.  Notice how he never complained about the PATHETIC QBs throwing to him.  This guy is too good to be true and barring injury will be the best WR in this league very soon (by a wide margin).  Imagine a young Randy Moss, with WAY more bulk and get this, a GOOD ATTITUDE.

You don't pass up on a player like this for a guy with huge question marks like JaBustus.  If some how you guys get CJ at #4, which will not happen IMO, it will be the STEAL OF THE CENTURY!!!

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 09, 2007, 07:49:39 PM

I'd do half a cartwheel and land on the side of my face, but I'd be just as happy as you...

...but I'll tell you right now that CJ will create instant offensive spacing as he draws 2-3 defenders on every play.

Two perhaps, but no way any defensive coordinator in his right mind puts 3 defenders on one WR. Dude doesn't have wings..

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 09, 2007, 07:51:19 PM

At this point Fresh, I couldn't even choose. I've gone back and forth since Jan, CJ no Thomas, no definately CJ, nope Thomas, etc. I couldn't even answer a poll with any leverage to one side.

If I had to I'd choose CJ.
Im with you on that.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#27 : April 09, 2007, 07:52:21 PM

Neither the Raiders, nor the Bucs are in a position to become instant winners, but I'll tell you right now that CJ will create instant offensive spacing as he draws 2-3 defenders on every play.  That spacing will create running and receiving lanes for the rest of the offense even on plays where CJ doesn't touch the ball.

6'5''
240 lbs
4.35 forty
43" vertical leap
engineering student
high character
good teammate
tremendous work ethic

If you could create the perfect prospect, this would be it.  This is the type of guy you build a team an locker room around.  Notice how he chose Ga Tech in order to get a good education.  Notice how he never complained about the PATHETIC QBs throwing to him.  This guy is too good to be true and barring injury will be the best WR in this league very soon (by a wide margin).  Imagine a young Randy Moss, with WAY more bulk and get this, a GOOD ATTITUDE.

You don't pass up on a player like this for a guy with huge question marks like JaBustus.  If some how you guys get CJ at #4, which will not happen IMO, it will be the STEAL OF THE CENTURY!!!

I believe that expectation has been rehashed with every top 5 reciever coming out of college. X player will automatically take away the CBs and safety. Becasue of X player, the runnning game will go for over 2000 yds., etc. And every year, the wideout doesn't even reach the 1000yd mark.

No doubt CJ is good, but don't go annointing him to the HoF yet. Bush was supposed to be the end all of running backs last year and he got outplayed by a guy who wasn't even drafted in the first round.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#28 : April 09, 2007, 07:53:51 PM

I guess the QB situation at Ga tech was good training for the QB situation he will have in Raiderland

#29 : April 09, 2007, 07:54:23 PM

We had one already, it got to three pages and JT was 3:1 at least.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Calvin Johnson is the best player in this draft!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools