Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cliff Louis « previous next »
Page: 1

zed

Pro Bowler

: April 09, 2007, 10:38:18 PM

Anyone ever heard of this guy?

http://condraft.com/story.php?id=480

Few outside of CDS circles (and a few pro scouts) understand just how good Morgan State left tackle Cliff Louis can be.  A few more people found out yesterday at the Morgan State pro day, when "Smooth" showed up a ripped 6'7.5", 297 pounds, and ran two 40s in extremely cold weather in times of 5.15 anf 5.17.  He also did 22 reps (he has very long arms), a 30" vertical jump, a 9'1" broad jump, a 7.63 three-cone drill and a 4.61 short shuttle.  What sets Cliff apart are several things:  First and foremost are his outstanding feet.  He can really move in every way you expect an elite LOT candidate to move (and he is anything but "elite" still on many draft boards, because he is still well below the radar.)  He has tremendous growth potential, and will get better and better if taken by a team with a good line coach.  He is the kind of guy who has a tremendous upside, solid character, and a great work ethic.  The kid is also a spunge for coaching, and is a "yes sir" type who will do whatever it takes to succeed, starting with listening very carefully....

Could be worth a late round pick to develop if we don't get Joe Thomas.  The only thing that scares me is that he would need a good line coach to really develop, which we do not have.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#1 : April 10, 2007, 12:33:25 AM

We don't have a good OL coach.

IDontNeedaName

Second String

#2 : April 10, 2007, 12:40:21 AM

We don't have a good OL coach.

thats exactly what I was thinking when I read that.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 10, 2007, 12:43:04 PM

Bill Manure. yeah, that's the ticket.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

gone

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 10, 2007, 12:59:34 PM

Muir is taking his hands off the coaching these days, its much more Kromer now.  This gives me some hope.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cliff Louis « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools