Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sunspots at 1000 Year High « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

: April 10, 2007, 10:13:49 AM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3869753.stm

But the most striking feature, he says, is that looking at the past 1,150 years the Sun has never been as active as it has been during the past 60 years.

The article adds:

This latest analysis shows that the Sun has had a considerable indirect influence on the global climate in the past, causing the Earth to warm or chill, and that mankind is amplifying the Sun's latest attempt to warm the Earth.

So now the models that predict all this HCGW have apparently not taken into account the effect on sunspots so estimates that were greatly reduced in the 3rd IPCC report from the 2nd now might need to be loppsed off even more as even more "warming" isn't the fault of CO2.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

klb55

Starter

#1 : April 10, 2007, 11:05:02 AM

Even if the doomsdays Global Warming crowd read this information it would not change their minds.  It is a religion.  A religion that is trying to stifle capitalism by any means necessary.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 10, 2007, 11:54:36 AM

More evidence for 2012...

Just kidding. But it fits the pattern.

klb55

Starter

#3 : April 10, 2007, 12:36:54 PM

I saw a program on the History Channel last night about the Mayan Prophecies.  It sure was nice of the Spanish Christians to burn almost the entire written history.  The hieroglyphics were thought to be of the devil. 

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 10, 2007, 12:40:10 PM

Damn religion burned/destroyed so many books/documents/records. We'll never know what we missed.
Amazing the Dead Sea Scrolls survived.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 10, 2007, 04:16:52 PM

It actually may seem funny, but is it really?

I mean 2012 has a lot of scientists curiosity piqued.  There is some science applied to the date, and with the way things are in weather patterns and what not...

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 10, 2007, 04:19:58 PM

I can laugh at anything. I won't allow the possibility of our impending doom to
ruin my day. Worst case scenario is I find out the truth of life after death.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 10, 2007, 04:50:08 PM

"If I laugh at any mortal thing 'tis so I do not weep"

If the Mayan were such good seers they would seen the Spanish coming so I'm not too worried.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 10, 2007, 05:07:03 PM

If it was just the Mayans we were talking about, I would agree. But it's not.

Is that your quote Dalbuc?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 10, 2007, 05:11:58 PM

"If I laugh at any mortal thing 'tis so I do not weep"

If the Mayan were such good seers they would seen the Spanish coming so I'm not too worried.
Being a seer is unnatural.  Being a good scientist can be natural.  The Mayans were AMAZING astronomers, given the nature of the technology (eyesight) and nature of their civilization (pre-christian).

I find it not so hard to believe that they could predict cyclical things, and it seems 2012 is a part (end) of their cycles....

Screwy huh?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 10, 2007, 05:32:24 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/2007-03-27-maya-2012_N.htm?csp=1

USA Today covers 2012...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 10, 2007, 06:04:48 PM

Is that your quote Dalbuc?

Lord Byron, not mine. Just a little bit of truth for life to me though.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 10, 2007, 06:06:08 PM

Isn't most of the worry about alignment of all of the planets and sun. They are worried that the gravitational forces would change with the alignment.  It could cause earthquakes, volcanoes, change in tides/water levels, etc. I am no doomsdayer but I have seen some shows on the Mayans.  Very interesting what they knew about the celestial.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 10, 2007, 10:49:58 PM

It's also related to the alignment with the center of the milky way which contains a huge black hole.

How did the Mayans know the sun would rise on the winter solstice with the center of the MW
right behind it in 2012? Maybe they didn't know and just got lucky?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 10, 2007, 10:55:45 PM

It's also related to the alignment with the center of the milky way which contains a huge black hole.

How did the Mayans know the sun would rise on the winter solstice with the center of the MW
right behind it in 2012? Maybe they didn't know and just got lucky?
I guess.  I mean, every once in a while, someone wins the New York Mega Million jackpot as well...

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Sunspots at 1000 Year High « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools