Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Real Estate agents desperately seeking jobs « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14

cobraboy

Second String

#195 : April 30, 2009, 09:43:57 AM

price?
$180k

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#196 : April 30, 2009, 12:03:08 PM

A little steep. Looking for something under 150K.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#197 : April 30, 2009, 12:18:29 PM

A little steep. Looking for something under 150K.  Nowadays, probably unwise NOT to buy anything other than short sales - losing a lot of money if you don't. I understand there are bargains out there.

cobraboy

Second String

#198 : April 30, 2009, 07:49:56 PM

A little steep. Looking for something under 150K. Nowadays, probably unwise NOT to buy anything other than short sales - losing a lot of money if you don't. I understand there are bargains out there.
Kinda hard making that statement when you've never seen the neighborhood or house...

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#199 : April 30, 2009, 10:45:00 PM

how bigs the hosue

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#200 : May 01, 2009, 08:00:19 AM

What's a DINK couple?

cobraboy

Second String

#201 : May 01, 2009, 07:55:36 AM

how bigs the hosue
A little steep. Looking for something under 150K. Nowadays, probably unwise NOT to buy anything other than short sales - losing a lot of money if you don't. I understand there are bargains out there.
Acually, I spoke too soon about the price. My RE agent, 32 years in the biz in the neighborhood, suggests a $230k ask price. House is 1400sf, very unique layout, rehabbed to the max (including 13kw propane-fired whole house generator for those pesky hurricanes), in one of the very finest N. Tampa neighborhoods. It's not for everybody, but a killer pad for a bachelor or DINK couple...

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#202 : May 01, 2009, 10:01:35 AM

Kinda hard making that statement when you've never seen the neighborhood or house...

I meant to say, a little steep for the house I'm looking for.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#203 : May 01, 2009, 10:02:22 AM

What's a DINK couple?

Dual income, no kids = DINK=lots of disposable income

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#204 : May 01, 2009, 10:04:05 AM

how bigs the hosue
Acually, I spoke too soon about the price. My RE agent, 32 years in the biz in the neighborhood, suggests a $230k ask price. House is 1400sf, very unique layout, rehabbed to the max (including 13kw propane-fired whole house generator for those pesky hurricanes), in one of the very finest N. Tampa neighborhoods. It's not for everybody, but a killer pad for a bachelor or DINK couple...

curious what the HOA is?

cobraboy

Second String

#205 : May 01, 2009, 01:15:41 PM

how bigs the hosue

curious what the HOA is?
Original Carrollwood. Has deeded access to Lake Carroll.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#206 : May 01, 2009, 05:03:27 PM

how bigs the hosue

I would say your RE needs to reevaluate today's market. 

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#207 : May 02, 2009, 05:22:28 AM

HOA=Home Association Fees. What do you pay a month? $200-300?

cobraboy

Second String

#208 : May 02, 2009, 10:05:39 AM

how bigs the hosue

I would say your RE needs to reevaluate today's market.
She did. She sent over 12 comps, all sold within the last 6 months. Not every neighborhood is a Mcmansion/Stepford house one that is dying. This one is very settled...in fact, the knid of neighborhood wheere the kids move ~back~ into the house when the parents are gone: new neighbors without a sale. Carrollwood Elem and Chamberlain district...nice!

I've owned it since '86. Got married, moved to the beach and rented it for years. I had a long term tenant give notice about the same time I got divorced. I saw the house next door sold for a MASSIVE amount of  :o$$$ :o, so I decided to gut it, do a total First Class renovation and move back into it. My realtor at the time said she'd list it for $298k...in Oct.'07 when I decided to move to the DomRep. I should have sold it then, but rented it instead. I LOVED living it in! I spent $$$ like crazy on it to make it awesome...for me.

So the $220k list is reasonable, as would be a $180-190 sale, since other houses are selling in the same range. Not too much, not give-away. It's not a Fire Sale neighborhood. It's practically "Uptown" from when I first moved into it.

No real HOA. The dues to the District are $200 per year, paid through property taxes. A sticker to use Lake Carroll (really nice, large fresh water lake) is $25 per year. 

Courtyard at night:

There is a difference between "investing" in real estate (my family has always been RE investors) and buying a home to live in for many years. Some neighborhoods are skewed one way or another. The Original Carrollwood neighborhood is more for folks wanting a really nice place to live, quality of life, than a family who needs the biggest bang for the buck in the 'burbs. Frankly, I went from living in 11,000sf in Pass-a-Grille to 1400sf in OC...and I found living in 1400 to be MUCH more rewarding. But, as usual, opinions vary...:)

Page: 1 ... 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Real Estate agents desperately seeking jobs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools