Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 5 reasons Bucs beat Giants « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

: October 25, 2006, 10:50:55 AM

1. Caddy gets more than 20 carries. Bucs are unbeatend if this happens.
2. Ronde scores more than Tiki  Eli has never played the Bucs D interceptions will happen
3. Sim gets 3 sacks. Playing against Strahan is enough to finally get him going
4. Bryant.  On a roll wins another game.
5. Gruden. Will exploit the Giants instability at linebacker for easy throws by Grad.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 25, 2006, 10:57:51 AM

#1 is imperative to the success of this team on the road. I hope Gruden gives Caddy the pill 35 times but that's unlikely. The Giants defense can be had, it's the Bucs defense that has me concerned.

Eli10

Second String

#2 : October 25, 2006, 11:19:46 AM

can we please be realistic? First off, the Giants have put up over 400 yards of rushing the last two weeks against what was then the NFL's best rated run defenses. Let's not pretend to think the Bucs have it as good.

Second, Caddy will run as effectively as Juluis Jones (who had 7 consecutive 100 yard rushing games going into that Giants game which I believe he ran for less than 50.)

Gradkowski vs. the Giants pass rush?  hahahaa!!

The Giants "unstable LBers?"  How about Pierce, Emmons and Brandon Short who has been filthy good the last three weeks?  Let's not pretend to know football people.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 25, 2006, 11:34:29 AM

can we please be realistic? First off, the Giants have put up over 400 yards of rushing the last two weeks against what was then the NFL's best rated run defenses. Let's not pretend to think the Bucs have it as good.

Second, Caddy will run as effectively as Juluis Jones (who had 7 consecutive 100 yard rushing games going into that Giants game which I believe he ran for less than 50.)

Gradkowski vs. the Giants pass rush? hahahaa!!

The Giants "unstable LBers?" How about Pierce, Emmons and Brandon Short who has been filthy good the last three weeks? Let's not pretend to know football people.

And this is "realistic?"

Why are you here? It's not like anything you've said has been objective.

ATL has a top rated run D? LMFAO. Right. ATL's defense is horrific.

The Cowboys offensive line is by far worse than the Bucs so don't think it's going to be as easy for the G-men in that regards. Caddy will run and will run it effectively. He's better than J Jones, much better.

It's not about Grads vs the Giants pass rush. it's about calling effective plays to limit that pass rush. Grads doesn't wear cement shoes like D Bledsoe and you noticed that once Romo was in there the Giants had........0 sacks. Hmmmmmm.

YOu're team is 4-2, not 6-0. The Giants were getting destroyed by the Eagles and shouldn't have own that game.

I think the Giants  are a good team but you make me hate them. This is the NFL, one team isn't far superior than the other like you're suggesting. This will be a good game, the Giants won't blow the Bucs out of the stadium.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 25, 2006, 11:38:24 AM

#1 is imperative to the success of this team on the road. I hope Gruden gives Caddy the pill 35 times but that's unlikely. The Giants defense can be had, it's the Bucs defense that has me concerned.

i AM with you on that

Eli10

Second String

#5 : October 25, 2006, 11:58:14 AM

Gradkowski vs. the Giants pass rush? hahahaa!!

The Giants "unstable LBers?" How about Pierce, Emmons and Brandon Short who has been filthy good the last three weeks? Let's not pretend to know football people.

And this is "realistic?"

Why are you here? It's not like anything you've said has been objective.

ATL has a top rated run D? LMFAO. Right. ATL's defense is horrific.

The Cowboys offensive line is by far worse than the Bucs so don't think it's going to be as easy for the G-men in that regards. Caddy will run and will run it effectively. He's better than J Jones, much better.

It's not about Grads vs the Giants pass rush. it's about calling effective plays to limit that pass rush. Grads doesn't wear cement shoes like D Bledsoe and you noticed that once Romo was in there the Giants had........0 sacks. Hmmmmmm.

YOu're team is 4-2, not 6-0. The Giants were getting destroyed by the Eagles and shouldn't have own that game.

I think the Giants are a good team but you make me hate them. This is the NFL, one team isn't far superior than the other like you're suggesting. This will be a good game, the Giants won't blow the Bucs out of the stadium.

before the Giants played them, the Falcons were No. 1 in run defense. Before the Giants played them, the Cowboys were No. 1 in run defense. Obviously they aren't anymore because they played New York. Btw, if this game will be so close, why are the Bucs getting 9 freakin points?

Eli10

Second String

#6 : October 25, 2006, 12:00:22 PM

"It's not about Grads vs the Giants pass rush. it's about calling effective plays to limit that pass rush. Grads doesn't wear cement shoes like D Bledsoe and you noticed that once Romo was in there the Giants had........0 sacks. Hmmmmmm. " 

Actually they had two but thanks for noticing.

BayDay39

Second String

#7 : October 25, 2006, 12:06:20 PM

"It's not about Grads vs the Giants pass rush. it's about calling effective plays to limit that pass rush. Grads doesn't wear cement shoes like D Bledsoe and you noticed that once Romo was in there the Giants had........0 sacks. Hmmmmmm. "

our will allen is better than your old will allen.. beat that

NovaBuc

Starter

#8 : October 25, 2006, 12:09:09 PM

Gradkowski vs. the Giants pass rush?  hahahaa!!

The Giants "unstable LBers?"  How about Pierce, Emmons and Brandon Short who has been filthy good the last three weeks?  Let's not pretend to know football people.

Sure, we can be realistic. Seems you have trouble with that however. Julius Jones did not get over 100 yards rushing in the first two games of the season, he had a streak of 3 100 yard rushing games against the Titans, Texans and Eagles coming into the game against the Giants. Not exactly stiff defenses against the run there. Atlanta was also not the #1 defense against the rush when the Giants played them, San Diego was.

As far as your linebackers being 'filthy good' and the Giants pass rush.. there's a lot to be desired about both. Your defense is letting the opposing team convert on third down 51.8 percent of the time. That's horrific, and an indicator of poor pass pressure on third downs and linebackers not being able to stop the run on short yardage. It's also the worst in the league. The Oakland Raiders stop people more often on third down than the Giants do. Granted, the Giants defense did put up a nice performance against Dallas the other night. They also let a QB throw for 227 yards in two quarters of play. A 4th year QB who had thrown what, five passes in his career before Monday night? And let's not forget that Drew Bledsoe, the most immobile QB in the league, had a touchdown run on a rollout play. A. Rollout. Play. I'd call your linebackers filthy for allowing that to happen.

The Bucs can lose this game, sure. I'd be surprised if any 'experts' pick us to win. Just makes it all the sweeter when we do win.

Bucs 24, Giants 17.

Eli10

Second String

#9 : October 25, 2006, 12:16:06 PM

our will allen is better than your old will allen.. beat that

hahaaha  I cannot!  great point!  :-)

coopsxx

Starter
#10 : October 25, 2006, 12:21:55 PM

1. Caddy gets more than 20 carries. Bucs are unbeatend if this happens.
2. Ronde scores more than Tiki  Eli has never played the Bucs D interceptions will happen
3. Sim gets 3 sacks. Playing against Strahan is enough to finally get him going
4. Bryant.  On a roll wins another game.
5. Gruden. Will exploit the Giants instability at linebacker for easy throws by Grad.

unbeatend ?? Jesus!!

#11 : October 25, 2006, 12:22:27 PM

Eli,  I guess that if all you're going to mention are previous game stats, then the Buccs had no business winning against the Bengals, nor the Eagles !

How about this for a stat....The last two weeks Tampa Bay has beaten teams that are/were in first place in their division.

Are the Giants in first place ?  Gotta love the odds !

Food for Thought,
GenBrooks 55

Eli10

Second String

#12 : October 25, 2006, 12:41:18 PM

Eli,  I guess that if all you're going to mention are previous game stats, then the Buccs had no business winning against the Bengals, nor the Eagles !

How about this for a stat....The last two weeks Tampa Bay has beaten teams that are/were in first place in their division.

Are the Giants in first place ?  Gotta love the odds !

Food for Thought,
GenBrooks 55

Not bad Genbrook. NOt bad. How's this for a three-gamer, the Bucs won the last two games by a combined 3 points, the Giants? how about 43?  Bucs have scored 37 points the last two games, NY has scored 63.  Finally, if you take out the game against Atlanta (and really just two runs) the Giants are allowing a paultry 67 rushing yards a game.  Also not too shabby.

wtmcgee

Starter

#13 : October 25, 2006, 01:26:07 PM

I'm all for picking off Eli, but the way the Bucs run D is playing and the way the Giants are running the ball, we may not even see Eli attempt a pass.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 25, 2006, 01:26:40 PM

Eli, I guess that if all you're going to mention are previous game stats, then the Buccs had no business winning against the Bengals, nor the Eagles !

Are the Giants in first place ? Gotta love the odds !

Food for Thought,
GenBrooks 55

Not bad Genbrook. NOt bad. How's this for a three-gamer, the Bucs won the last two games by a combined 3 points, the Giants? how about 43? Bucs have scored 37 points the last two games, NY has scored 63. Finally, if you take out the game against Atlanta (and really just two runs) the Giants are allowing a paultry 67 rushing yards a game. Also not too shabby.

But you can't take out those 2 runs.  The refs won't take them back on Sunday if Caddy breaks them.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 5 reasons Bucs beat Giants « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools