Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 5 reasons Bucs beat Giants « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 25, 2006, 01:44:40 PM

can we please be realistic? First off, the Giants have put up over 400 yards of rushing the last two weeks against what was then the NFL's best rated run defenses. Let's not pretend to think the Bucs have it as good.

Second, Caddy will run as effectively as Juluis Jones (who had 7 consecutive 100 yard rushing games going into that Giants game which I believe he ran for less than 50.)

Gradkowski vs. the Giants pass rush? hahahaa!!

The Giants "unstable LBers?" How about Pierce, Emmons and Brandon Short who has been filthy good the last three weeks? Let's not pretend to know football people.

And this is "realistic?"

Why are you here? It's not like anything you've said has been objective.

ATL has a top rated run D? LMFAO. Right. ATL's defense is horrific.

The Cowboys offensive line is by far worse than the Bucs so don't think it's going to be as easy for the G-men in that regards. Caddy will run and will run it effectively. He's better than J Jones, much better.

It's not about Grads vs the Giants pass rush. it's about calling effective plays to limit that pass rush. Grads doesn't wear cement shoes like D Bledsoe and you noticed that once Romo was in there the Giants had........0 sacks. Hmmmmmm.

YOu're team is 4-2, not 6-0. The Giants were getting destroyed by the Eagles and shouldn't have own that game.

I think the Giants are a good team but you make me hate them. This is the NFL, one team isn't far superior than the other like you're suggesting. This will be a good game, the Giants won't blow the Bucs out of the stadium.

before the Giants played them, the Falcons were No. 1 in run defense. Before the Giants played them, the Cowboys were No. 1 in run defense. Obviously they aren't anymore because they played New York. Btw, if this game will be so close, why are the Bucs getting 9 freakin points?

I didn't know they played the game in Vegas.

From my perspective the game will be close. Vegas will throw lines out there for people to bite on and that's certainly the case with this one. The Giants are coming off 2 impressive wins on the road while the Bucs have played close games at home. Vegas will feed off peoples hard-on for teams that have played well recently and set lines like 9. If you were smart you'd take the 9 points but from your posts you'd bet on your hard-on, not from looking at the game objectively. 

Eli10

Second String

#16 : October 25, 2006, 01:45:59 PM

I'd be shocked if Caddy broke a lng one but it could happen.  He's been a bit of a disappointment this year as far as numbers go but it's hard to repeat a season like he had last year at such a young age. He will be good.

The Giants run defense is actually a lot better and if you look at their total defense the last few weeks, they've been very solid. Tampa will have to score early, keep the crowd out of the game and hope that Eli doesn't start running the two-minute drill. that's where he's deadly.

revfish1

Rookie

#17 : October 25, 2006, 02:07:38 PM

Beating the Giants will be tough in New York will be tough, especially if it's cold.  Tampa generally doesn't do well there overall.

That being said, the 9 point spread is a joke.  This game will be close, and the teams are evenly matched.  Eli is not setting the world on fire, but neither is Bruce.  Ronde has more TD's than Tiki does right now.  The fact of the matter is that neither is a great team at present.  Giants deserve to be favored, but this can easily go either way.  If people can't see this, then they're not worth listening to.

Success on the ground game is key for Tampa, as are turnovers.  I'm not convinced that Simeon will suddenly turn it on...we've needed him for a while now, and Eli vs. the "Tampa d" is an interesting match-up.   

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 25, 2006, 02:21:39 PM

I'd be shocked if Caddy broke a lng one but it could happen.  He's been a bit of a disappointment this year as far as numbers go but it's hard to repeat a season like he had last year at such a young age. He will be good.

The Giants run defense is actually a lot better and if you look at their total defense the last few weeks, they've been very solid. Tampa will have to score early, keep the crowd out of the game and hope that Eli doesn't start running the two-minute drill. that's where he's deadly.

Eli10, You will get no one here who will debate you in saying that at this point, the Giants are a better football team than the Bucs.

If you go down the rosters, the Giants have an edge in most areas. If this were a video game, there would pretty much be no chance for Tampa Bay to win.

However, this isn't a video game. Those aren't robots out there playing on the field. These are human men....all of which are talented.

Make no mistake, your team is very good, but they are hardly unbeatable. The Bucs had no business beating the Eagles. They had no business taking out Cincinatti - both, better teams. They probably had no business being in position to beat New Orleans, and Carolina, two teams who have better records than the Buccaneers. In fact - the Bucs have not faced a team this season that doesn't have 4 wins.

So your talent hardly scares us. We've faced the best and have competed well, whether at home or on the road, against all of them.

My point, and I do have one, is that this is an emotional game. The Giants had a great Monday night game against a division rival. The week after they play the Bucs, they have a huge showdown with the Chicago Bears.

History has shown us that the 2-4 Buccaneers are your classic doughnut game. You can say "not us" all you want and in the end, you might be right...but its already happened several times this season (case in point, Houston catching Jacksonville, Tennessee stunning the Skins) and seems to happen every week.

No team in the NFL is so good they can't be beaten...and while the Giants are a better team than Tampa Bay, they aren't good enough to be able to overcome mistakes and beat the Bucs.

The Bucs are finding themselves, gaining confidence and learning about what kind of team they have. If they find a way to win this Sunday, there's a good chance they might be able to salvage their season and maybe even compete for a playoff spot. If they lose, it basically is over.

That's a lot of motivation. While on the flip side, the G-men are coming off a division win, and have a big showdown on the near horizon, they're coming home to face what everyone in the New York media (and everywhere else for that matter) will say is a vastly inferior opponent. It would be only human for them to have a letdown. Expect it.

I do...and that's why I think the Bucs will go up there and pull off the upset.

If they played 10 times, the Giants would probably win 7 of them...but not this week.

Oh...and our Barber is better than your Barber!  ;)

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#19 : October 25, 2006, 02:53:43 PM

1. Caddy gets more than 20 carries. Bucs are unbeatend if this happens.
2. Ronde scores more than Tiki Eli has never played the Bucs D interceptions will happen
3. Sim gets 3 sacks. Playing against Strahan is enough to finally get him going
4. Bryant. On a roll wins another game.
5. Gruden. Will exploit the Giants instability at linebacker for easy throws by Grad.

unbeatend ?? Jesus!!

Sorry for the typo. sorrier you had to point it out in such a classless fashion.

Eli10

Second String

#20 : October 25, 2006, 02:58:03 PM

I'd be shocked if Caddy broke a lng one but it could happen. He's been a bit of a disappointment this year as far as numbers go but it's hard to repeat a season like he had last year at such a young age. He will be good.

Eli10, You will get no one here who will debate you in saying that at this point, the Giants are a better football team than the Bucs.

If you go down the rosters, the Giants have an edge in most areas. If this were a video game, there would pretty much be no chance for Tampa Bay to win.

However, this isn't a video game. Those aren't robots out there playing on the field. These are human men....all of which are talented.

Make no mistake, your team is very good, but they are hardly unbeatable. The Bucs had no business beating the Eagles. They had no business taking out Cincinatti - both, better teams. They probably had no business being in position to beat New Orleans, and Carolina, two teams who have better records than the Buccaneers. In fact - the Bucs have not faced a team this season that doesn't have 4 wins.

So your talent hardly scares us. We've faced the best and have competed well, whether at home or on the road, against all of them.

My point, and I do have one, is that this is an emotional game. The Giants had a great Monday night game against a division rival. The week after they play the Bucs, they have a huge showdown with the Chicago Bears.

History has shown us that the 2-4 Buccaneers are your classic doughnut game. You can say "not us" all you want and in the end, you might be right...but its already happened several times this season (case in point, Houston catching Jacksonville, Tennessee stunning the Skins) and seems to happen every week.

No team in the NFL is so good they can't be beaten...and while the Giants are a better team than Tampa Bay, they aren't good enough to be able to overcome mistakes and beat the Bucs.

The Bucs are finding themselves, gaining confidence and learning about what kind of team they have. If they find a way to win this Sunday, there's a good chance they might be able to salvage their season and maybe even compete for a playoff spot. If they lose, it basically is over.

That's a lot of motivation. While on the flip side, the G-men are coming off a division win, and have a big showdown on the near horizon, they're coming home to face what everyone in the New York media (and everywhere else for that matter) will say is a vastly inferior opponent. It would be only human for them to have a letdown. Expect it.

I do...and that's why I think the Bucs will go up there and pull off the upset.

If they played 10 times, the Giants would probably win 7 of them...but not this week.

Oh...and our Barber is better than your Barber! ;)

haha...both are pretty damn good and nice point about this not being a video game. I hadn't thought of that. We actually play Houston after we play teh Bucs but then we play the Bears afterwards. I think emotionally the Giants are pretty strong and while I cannot desparage the idea that they may be in for a bit of a let down, I really don't think it will be this week.

One factor people tend to overlook, teh Giants are VERY tough at the Meadowlands. They lose very few there. In fact, if you count the "away game" against New Orleans last year, they've won 13 of the last 16.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 25, 2006, 03:05:53 PM

Ah...yep, you're right. I missed the Texans in there before the Bears game. Even still, history has shown the winning percentage of the Monday Night winner is not very good. The Bucs, as a team, are playing well and it would be natural for the Giants to take them lightly.

No one is overlooking the Meadowlands...hell, the last time the Bucs were up there they lost to a Jets team that went 3-13 or something like that...

I like our chances simply because your team is coming off an emotional high, is a bit banged up, and may be a little full of themsleves to take Tampa Bay lightly.

With the exception of the debacle that was the opener - the Bucs have faced the best in the NFC and the AFC and have had chances to win all of the games. I expect the Bucs to get that shot again Sunday. Whether they succeed or not remains to be seen.

BTW...I think you'll learn a little more respect for Mr. Gradkowski before its all said and done. Just hope he doesn't find his touch on the deep ball THIS WEEK....it will happen, sooner or later....you better hope its not against your team.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 25, 2006, 03:06:39 PM

The only problem I have, and I mean no disrespect to people who see things this way, but you can either look at the season one of two ways. You can look at it like there was a definate turning point, and the Bucs are going to fool everyone from here on out. Or, you can look at it like; if they don't get their act together every week, this season is still going to be a very long one. For some reason, I am almost leaning to the latter. I think the Bucs were better than their 0-4 record, but I don't see them being on the top level of the teams this year; in either conference. I have seen some people (not necessarily on here) who think the Bucs will just fly up to New York and beat the Giants like the Giants are a Pop Warner team. Again, I'm not saying anyone on here has said that. I have heard, however, some people around Tampa Bay express those views. The Giants are a solid football team. It's what being a fan of a team is all about, and I don't mind that enthusiasm. I would like for the Bucs to win every one of their remaining games too. But, if you listened to some people, the Giants will just be an observer to the amazing power of the Buccaneers this coming Sunday. They have areas of doubt, but that team (Giants) can play football. The Buccaneers might be 3-4 around 4:00 Sunday afternoon, but I don't think the win is signed, sealed, and delivered. This year, I think the Bucs are going to have to work extra hard to find the results they want. They can't simply rely on staying in the ballgame long enough to put up miracle plays in order to win the game. I don't think that's always going to be an option, so they need to get a whole lot better in some of their aspects of their game. It's been exciting to watch the season this year; despite the record, but I don't think they have just completely turned into the Patriots of the NFL after a couple wins.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 25, 2006, 03:08:47 PM

I'll give you 2 good reasons this game is winnable:

1) No Umenora (hip flexor)

2) No Arrington (torn achillies).

This will slow down the pass rush and open up the middle of the field.  All in all, these two teams are very evenly matched.  Tampa has a better defense, the Giants have a better QB (for the moment) and they have nearly equal talent at running back. 

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#24 : October 25, 2006, 03:13:52 PM

They should beat us.  I agree with what we have to do to win.  We can win this game.  Will we?  I don't know.  But bottom line is, we can.  The Bucs are a hell of alot better than their 2-4 record says they are, and they are alot better than alot of people think.  9 points?  Good for the Giants.  More reason they'll be let down when they lose.  This is one of those games where one team should dominate, but they don't.  This has the same feeling as last year when the Bucs lost to the Jets and San Fran.  On paper, they should have killed them.  But you don't play games on paper.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 25, 2006, 03:18:26 PM

The only problem I have, and I mean no disrespect to people who see things this way, but you can either look at the season one of two ways. You can look at it like there was a definate turning point, and the Bucs are going to fool everyone from here on out. Or, you can look at it like; if they don't get their act together every week, this season is still going to be a very long one. For some reason, I am almost leaning to the latter. I think the Bucs were better than their 0-4 record, but I don't see them being on the top level of the teams this year; in either conference. I have seen some people (not necessarily on here) who think the Bucs will just fly up to New York and beat the Giants like the Giants are a Pop Warner team. Again, I'm not saying anyone on here has said that. I have heard, however, some people around Tampa Bay express those views. The Giants are a solid football team. It's what being a fan of a team is all about, and I don't mind that enthusiasm. I would like for the Bucs to win every one of their remaining games too. But, if you listened to some people, the Giants will just be an observer to the amazing power of the Buccaneers this coming Sunday. They have areas of doubt, but that team (Giants) can play football. The Buccaneers might be 3-4 around 4:00 Sunday afternoon, but I don't think the win is signed, sealed, and delivered. This year, I think the Bucs are going to have to work extra hard to find the results they want. They can't simply rely on staying in the ballgame long enough to put up miracle plays in order to win the game. I don't think that's always going to be an option, so they need to get a whole lot better in some of their aspects of their game. It's been exciting to watch the season this year; despite the record, but I don't think they have just completely turned into the Patriots of the NFL after a couple wins.

I'm sorry, who believes a win in New York is signed, sealed, and delivered? Not me. However, I don't see the Giants as this Super Power that can't be stopped, either. The Bucs have been playing very competitive football for a month now after two weeks (five if you count the pre-season) of dreadful football.

Are they World Beaters? No, of course not. But show me a team in the NFC that doesn't have warts. Even the mighty Bears have flaws. And many of the so-called upper echelon teams are a blown knee ligament to the wrong guy away from being Arizona. I've said in other threads, I'm not expecting the Bucs to suddenly transform into our former Super Bowl form...but I do see this team finding itself and getting better every week.

Sunday could be the next step forward....or it could be where we slide back and get put in our place. It is a turning point game for the 06 season.

The team knows this as well. I truly believe we will see the best Bucs performance of the year in New York on Sunday...and if the Giants, as I expect, are a little flat after Monday Night then the Bucs may just be catching them at the right time.

3-4 has possibilities...we've made the playoffs from 3-4 multiple times. 2-5 has the sound of END to it. The Bucs will lose that fifth game sooner or later....I think when it happens is going to be the key. If we're 6-4 and lose that fifth game...its a lot different than 2-4...and falling three games under .500

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#26 : October 25, 2006, 03:33:48 PM

People have to believe., I remember when we played the viks when they were undefeated and had 8 or nine wins and we beat them for their only loss of the year.  It can be done.

gone

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 25, 2006, 04:20:42 PM

I think Simeon is gonna have a huge game this week.  All that smack, he's gonna bring it.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 25, 2006, 04:27:38 PM

heres the number 1 reason the bucs win:  Gruden is great at playign the underdog card, and everytime they dont give us a chance, we come out and show them what TB bucs football is all about.  Does any franchise better personify what it means to be the underdog than this one?  I dont think so.  They said we we would never be respectable.  We became respectable.  They said we could never compete wit hthe top franchises in the league.  They said we couldnt win a superbowl, we did that.  They said we couldnt win the division last year, we did that.  They said the kid from Toledo was the 10th best QB in last years draft, we took him.  They said we couldnt beat the eagles, we did.  They said we couldnt beat the Giants.... we'll see

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 25, 2006, 04:48:28 PM

I'm sorry, who believes a win in New York is signed, sealed, and delivered? Not me. However, I don't see the Giants as this Super Power that can't be stopped, either. The Bucs have been playing very competitive football for a month now after two weeks (five if you count the pre-season) of dreadful football.

Are they World Beaters? No, of course not. But show me a team in the NFC that doesn't have warts. Even the mighty Bears have flaws. And many of the so-called upper echelon teams are a blown knee ligament to the wrong guy away from being Arizona. I've said in other threads, I'm not expecting the Bucs to suddenly transform into our former Super Bowl form...but I do see this team finding itself and getting better every week.

Sunday could be the next step forward....or it could be where we slide back and get put in our place. It is a turning point game for the 06 season.

The team knows this as well. I truly believe we will see the best Bucs performance of the year in New York on Sunday...and if the Giants, as I expect, are a little flat after Monday Night then the Bucs may just be catching them at the right time.

3-4 has possibilities...we've made the playoffs from 3-4 multiple times. 2-5 has the sound of END to it. The Bucs will lose that fifth game sooner or later....I think when it happens is going to be the key. If we're 6-4 and lose that fifth game...its a lot different than 2-4...and falling three games under .500

If you look around at what some of the fans are saying, this Bucs team will just march right in and beat the Giants. It's not that easy. The Giants are coming off of a short week, yes, but I don't really think the Cowboys game was this huge distress warning game. They lost Arrington. Honestly, Arrington wasn't going to make or break the Giants' chances against the Bucs. I just don't think the short week will have that much, if any, impact on the upcoming game. Good teams find a way to endure the short weeks and succeed.

If the Bucs don't make the play-offs this year, it's not the end of the world. It's the end of the season. If they don't make the play-offs this year, they will be able to look at concrete reasons why after the season is over. Honestly, I don't think this is a play-off team, but the fan in me wants to see them always succeed. I just think there are too many people out there who are taking the Giants game very mildly. You can see that by looking around at Buccaneer fan web-sites around the Internet. The Bucs need to work a full game; not just the final :30. That's just my opinion. It's great to be able to stay in a game, but you won't always be able to rely on miracle plays to win ballgames.

:

Hide Tools Show Tools