Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: All about perspective « previous next »
Page: 1 2

nitey

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 25, 2006, 02:39:45 PM

Even more food for thought and perspective for those who are eager to diss Gradkowski. This comes from http://www.buccaneers.com/matchup/matchupmain.aspx

“In only his third year in the league, New York Giants QB Eli Manning is showing rapid maturation behind center while leading his team to first place in the NFC East. Most striking about Manning’s improvement this season has been his much improved completion percentage. Through six games, the former number one overall pick of the 2004 NFL Draft has completed 62.9 percent of his passes. A breakdown of Manning’s numbers reveals he can beat a team underneath or over the top. This season, Manning is completing passes of 10 yards or less at a whopping 70 percent as compared to the 59 percent mark he posted last year. His accuracy has improved another 10 percent for intermediate passes of 11-20 yards, but his biggest increase has come with the deep throw. When throwing passes of 21 yards or more, Manning is finding his target 59 percent of the time. That’s 30 percent greater than his 2005 completion percentage for the same throws.”

Learning to quarterback in the NFL is not an overnight process. Even Eli didn’t take the reins as quickly as Gradkowski. Gradkowski has three starts. Manning has three years. You can’t expect Grad to play like these guys who have been in the NFL for years. And, while not a rocket, his arm is plenty good enough to make the throws. Cut the kid some slack. He is going to be a good one for a long time.

I endorse this post!!! Great read!

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 25, 2006, 02:47:57 PM

There's one number I care about at this point in young Bruce's career -  67%

That's his winning percentage right now...and that's not half bad considering the schedule we've faced in his three starts.

I've learned one thing as a fan of the Bucs...Tampa Bay will NEVER love their QB.

We could have Peyton here...and people will complain he is too slow.

We could have Brady...and people will say his arm isn't good enough.

We could have Rothleisberger...and people would say he makes too many mistakes.

Ditto for Favre.

We'll never be satisfied.

I see the potential in Bruce...and I look forward to see him grow the rest of the season...but I don't expect all of our fans to embrace him - even if we rally and finish the season with a winning record.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 26, 2006, 11:02:05 AM

Jason,

How true.

Can't think of any QB the Bucs fans didn't bash. Even Doug caught it.

Its apparently a fact of life for Buc fans. Just like we have never had a decent OL since 1976!

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 26, 2006, 11:33:03 AM

And to think that all those who critizise all of these QB's are NFL Hall of Famers.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: All about perspective « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools