Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Am I the only one who thinks Eli is WAY overrated « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#30 : October 25, 2006, 04:09:16 PM

I don't think Eli is overrated at all. Everything you guys have said about forcing balls and what not, is all being said by critics. If he were overrated no one would say anything. He has been criticized for his short comings, and I have yet to see anyone deem him as good as Montana, or Favre, or Aikman, or even Peyton. He is consiered up there woth some of the better QB's right now but no one is claiming he is the best. He is in the upper echelon of qb's right now and I think his play warrants it. People say he is going to be great with time, and I don't think that is overrating him I think it's an accurate assessment. I think Eli in his 3rd year is greater than Peyton in his 3rd year. That doesn't mean he will be better, but I think Eli will be the better QB as far as winning is concerned. Touching Peyton's numbers would be hard for anyone to do, but numbers don't mean everything. You have to win the big games. I think Eli wll do that better than Peyton when all is said and done.  

I bet Marino would trade all those passing records for championships any day....

coopsxx

Starter
#31 : November 24, 2006, 10:57:40 AM

I guess a few weeks have proved my point nicely. He stinks and he has a great cast around him.

PoundThaRock

Rookie

#32 : November 24, 2006, 12:42:37 PM

I guess a few weeks have proved my point nicely. He stinks and he has a great cast around him.

I'm with ya. I live in the metropolitan area and this guy sucks. Plax makes good plays for him, he doesnt exploit Shockey as well as he could. He basically feeds off of the Manning last name. Otherwise theres no passion in his game, he never looks like he wants to be out there. He blows.

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#33 : November 24, 2006, 02:56:15 PM

He doens't play for the Bucs, so I really don't care.

On a different note, I don't like him cuz of his little game in the draft, refusing to go to SD.  I never liked Elway either, cuz he wouldn't go to Baltimore.  Demands from a not yet rookie doesn't sit well with me.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Am I the only one who thinks Eli is WAY overrated « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools