Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS PLACE CB KELLY ON IR, SIGN DE HAYE « previous next »
Page: 1 2

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: October 25, 2006, 12:29:11 PM

The Buccaneers have placed cornerback Brian Kelly on injured reserve and signed DE Jovan Haye to the active roster. Offensive lineman Scott Jackson was signed off Tampa Bay's practice squad by Houston that put him on its active roster. The Bucs signed center/guard Jonathan Clinkscale and cornerback Dion Byrum to the practice squad. The Bucs also released wide receiver Chad Lucas from the practice squad. Stay tuned to PewterReport.com for more Bucs news later today.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 25, 2006, 12:32:05 PM

Thanks SR for the news.  It loosk grim for BK at this point in time and I hope he can heal but the odds are stacked against him.  Jackson finding a home is not suprising and I do not know much about Jovan haye?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 25, 2006, 12:44:06 PM

Not surprised about Kelly.  I am surprised we let Jackson get away.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 25, 2006, 12:45:16 PM

Not surprised about Kelly.  I am surprised we let Jackson get away.

No choice. The only way to keep him was to put him on the active roster.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 25, 2006, 12:53:16 PM

Not surprised about Kelly. I am surprised we let Jackson get away.

No choice. The only way to keep him was to put him on the active roster.

Agreed, but I gotta think he's got more value to the team than a guy like Donald Penn

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 25, 2006, 12:54:42 PM

Agreed, but I gotta think he's got more value to the team than a guy like Donald Penn

Who?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 25, 2006, 12:56:19 PM

Who?

A rookie OT scrub that we signed when Yatta went down

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 25, 2006, 12:56:45 PM

The more time that went by, the more obvious is was becoming that Kelly was headed to the IR.

I'm glad we brought back Jackson. He's got great versatility.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 25, 2006, 01:05:14 PM

# 91 Jovan Haye    
Position: DE
Height: 6-2
Weight: 290
Born: 06/21/1982
College: Vanderbilt
NFL Experience: 2
15th pick in the sixth round of the 2005 NFL Draft by the Carolina Panthers.

Defensive Stats
Year   Team   
2005   Carolina Panthers   
2006   Cleveland Browns

Browns September 13: waived defensive tackle Jovan Haye. --- LISTED AS DT HERE
Browns September 4: Claimed defensive end Jovan Haye off waivers from the Carolina Panthers

Looks like another DE/DT Tweener.  Can't we find someone who is just really good at DE or DT instead of "avg" at both.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 25, 2006, 01:12:54 PM

The more time that went by, the more obvious is was becoming that Kelly was headed to the IR.

we lost Jackson, we didn't sign him Houston did.

coopsxx

Starter
#10 : October 25, 2006, 01:13:46 PM

Kelly could be a cap casualty i guess this offseason.

so are draft / free agent needs are really growing.

DT - (UT specifically I would like to see Wyms rotate with Hovan at NT, and White play some UT too, he had a career year when he played there, 6 sacks, him and Chidi)
CB - Bolden aint the answer, he looks like the Predator, but he scares no one
S - It's a great draft for safety, expecially SS. great news
DE - we have no pash rush!, play white more. can't believe he is 27, he has wasted some years.

C - long time need.
OLB - guys are getting old, sadly i think Nece has peaked.

anything else is just a desire at this point, WR etc.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 25, 2006, 01:30:15 PM

CB - Bolden aint the answer, he looks like the Predator, but he scares no one :D ;D ;D :D ;)

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 25, 2006, 01:31:22 PM

Kelly wants his money, but after this I see ne scenario in which he gets it.  This injury has ended careers before.  

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 25, 2006, 01:33:05 PM

I agree, I think you will see DL (both end and tackle) addressed in our first 4-5 picks and at least one of our 1st 3 picks will be either a DT or DE. If Kelly doesn't come back then we really need to draft a CB in the same area. We all know that we need help at safety too.

The Bucs have 7 picks right now and we definitely need 1 DT (I can live with Wyms, but Hovan is sucking this year), 1 DE (Rice has shown me nothing this year), 1 S (at least), 1 CB (With Kelly maybe done for good, we need to get someone in there for when both he and Barber are gone to team with Zemaitis), 1 C (to at least backup Wade/Mahan or whoever our starter will be next year...we need to groom someone to take over that position) 1 OLB (Brooks is getting older and Nece hasn't played well. I like Winborn, but that still leaves us needing one more when Brooks retires.)

That leaves us with one pick left. With that, I say a FB. Alstott is probably done after this year. You can probably get a good FB in rounds 5-7. It's rare they go very high in the draft. That would be everything. I didn't even mention QB. But, if Grads can develop, then we should be ok. If not, then that's another possibility.

Also, if Buenning doesn't return to form, we might need to look at a LG too. That being said, we can always look to free agency for that.

The bottom line is that through free agency and the draft we need to come away with at least:

1 DT
1 DE
1 S
1 CB
1 C
1 OLB
1 FB

and possiby...

1 QB
1 LG

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 25, 2006, 01:45:55 PM

we lost Jackson, we didn't sign him Houston did.

Damn. I read that wrong. That's no good.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS PLACE CB KELLY ON IR, SIGN DE HAYE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools