Boards > The Red Board

i know the haters will swarm, but...

(1/4) > >>

Pick6:
thank goodness for juran bolden. with kelly on IR, it's nice to have a big, physical, veteran corner who's capable of taking on a team's top WRs in this scheme. he's not as good as our top 2, but better than most people give him credit for....

he's been beaten deep, but he's not a CB you can pick on, the way eli's brother did to wansley.  i actually think he's a decent physical matchup with burress, and i wouldn't be surprised to make some plays that manning's not used to seeing smaller CBs make on balls thrown plaxico's way.

on a related note, with our #3 guy now likely cox, do we still put barber in the slot and trust our #3 guy on burress or toomer, or do we let cox be the inside guy now? he's physical enough, and less of a liability when he's not on a top 2 WR.

leeroybuc93:
Good question about Cox.  I say we keep putting Barber in the slot.  We all know he's not the fastest guy, and he may not be any better outside.  Plus, he's just so damned good inside!

bradentonian:
Who's the dime back now?  Adams?  Zemaitis?  Buchanon?

rayfsc07:
Bolden is ok, but he still gets beat too often when trying to go for the INT. See the first TD by philly as a prime example.  ALl he had to do was let him catch and tackle and they have to try a FG. Instead he makes a poor choice to break on the ball and its an easy TD.

He does this a lot.  Every so often it works and he gets an INT (like earlier in the game), but more often than not he gets burned doing it.

He also is a horible tackler. See the NO game as a prime example. Bush has the ball, all Bolden has to do is make a solid tackle and they punt. Instead Bolden tackles him high (as usual) and Bush of all people RUNS HIM OVER and gets the first down. Then to top it all off Bolden gets up talking TRASH!  Newsflash Juran, you just got ran over by a speed/finesse back for a first down.  You have no business running your trap.  Maybe that is why he goes for INT's so much, he KNOWS he is a miserable tackler!

Other than that, I like Bolden and he is a good Nickel corner, better than most teams have.  I don't like him as starting in Kelly's spot, but looks like we don't have much choice.

Bucs N Beers:

--- Quote from: RayFSC07 on October 25, 2006, 01:46:06 PM ---Bolden is ok, but he still gets beat too often when trying to go for the INT. See the first TD by philly as a prime example. ALl he had to do was let him catch and tackle and they have to try a FG. Instead he makes a poor choice to break on the ball and its an easy TD.

He does this a lot. Every so often it works and he gets an INT (like earlier in the game), but more often than not he gets burned doing it.

--- End quote ---

Actually, I'm pretty sure the INT that Bolden had was just good coverage. He was in the WR's hip pocket, turned and the ball was there so he grabbed it. I do understand what you're saying though and I agree. He's a make or break kinda guy. Hopefully, he won't cost us too much.

scohad:
Good Post Bucsnbeers.

coopsxx:
The Predator is alright, he is capable, it would help if he got better coverage out of Phillips in cover 2. He also needs to wrap up better, but so does everyone really. He will match up well against burress though, i wouldnt be surprised if he gives up some pass int penalties, burress is physical as hell, and boldin wont back off.

TBYFLBuc:
Bolden tackles like a sissy girl.He should spend ALL week with the O-line hitting the sled so he can learn to RUN THROUGH people not jump at them or arm tackle.

TBayJJ:
Buchanon should help the depth out as well, he could become a big playmaker in this defense.

cheveliar:
I like the fact that he's physical enough to re-rout receivers coming off the line, which is key in the Tampa II.  He's sort of a liability the farther he gets away from the LOS, but if we continue to get some modicum of pressure, I think he'll be a nice replacement.  Tough to loose BK.  But remember it takes a few years to get acclimated to the defense and Bolden seems to be getting better with each game he plays, that's encouraging...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version