Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: i know the haters will swarm, but... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#15 : October 25, 2006, 04:51:19 PM

Bolden needs to learn to drive through people on tackles, instead of grabbing them and trying to drag them down.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 25, 2006, 05:10:23 PM

We must not be watching the same player...I've seen Bolden blow up many a quick pass to the WR or tailback.  He swoops in and takes the guy down instantly...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 25, 2006, 05:29:44 PM

Bolden is money with the first 20 yards and in this scheme that is what the Bucs need out of their CB's.  Ronde has made his living within the first 20 yards of the line of scrimmage and Bolden isn't any different.  It is a shame Kelly is out as he is the only CB capable of defending plays downfield.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 25, 2006, 06:05:11 PM

Bold en is fest or fammen, i like his size and he is getting.  I think and hope we is a good match up for plex.  i hope he does not get burned deep

#19 : October 25, 2006, 06:56:12 PM

The Patriots sure picked on Bolden last year. Brady LOVED having him in the game.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 25, 2006, 08:00:30 PM

The Patriots sure picked on Bolden last year. Brady LOVED having him in the game.

Bolden did nothing wrong in that game and the safties were in position.  Brady simply put hit the holes in the zone and you can not ask players to play any better than that in zone coverage. 

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#21 : October 25, 2006, 09:33:26 PM

We must not be watching the same player...I've seen Bolden blow up many a quick pass to the WR or tailback. He swoops in and takes the guy down instantly...

Did you see Reggie Bush run him over for a first down?  I could understand if he ran around him, but over him?  LOL.  And I am sure that was within 20 yards.

The TD the Philly guy who i never heard of and won't ever remember, that was within 20 and Bolden got burned going for a pick instead of keeping him in front, letting him make the catch and making a solid tackle to prevent a first down and force a FG.

He makes some ok plays sometimes in front of him, but that is because he plays so damn far off the guy for fear of getting burned deep.  Teams could probably throw 7-10 yard passes on him all day if they wanted.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 25, 2006, 09:39:44 PM

I don't have a problem with Bolden except his arm tackles.

Although he did get picked on in the New England game...I still have it on DVR, and BRady was always throwing to his spots.  IT was sad.

And I had to dig my car out of the snow right after the game.  Not cool.

vipmark

Starter
#23 : October 26, 2006, 01:56:22 AM

We must not be watching the same player...I've seen Bolden blow up many a quick pass to the WR or tailback. He swoops in and takes the guy down instantly...

Did you see Reggie Bush run him over for a first down? I could understand if he ran around him, but over him? LOL. And I am sure that was within 20 yards.

The TD the Philly guy who i never heard of and won't ever remember, that was within 20 and Bolden got burned going for a pick instead of keeping him in front, letting him make the catch and making a solid tackle to prevent a first down and force a FG.

He makes some ok plays sometimes in front of him, but that is because he plays so damn far off the guy for fear of getting burned deep. Teams could probably throw 7-10 yard passes on him all day if they wanted.

On the Derrick Brooks radio show, Brooks defended Bolden's attempted pic. Brooks says that they are coached to go for the pic. Wish he would have got it, Juran had about 95 yards of open field

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#24 : October 26, 2006, 02:05:48 AM

Bolden's good but inconsistent and slow. He scares me going head to head with Burress. Hope he "Bolds" well. ;)

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#25 : October 26, 2006, 10:09:15 AM

Yeah, he could have went 95 for 6 for us.  But he didn't. It was 6 for Philly.

I understand you need to go for the gusto sometimes.  But with a lead, against a quality team, when you have a rookie at QB, in that situation I think you have to make the tackle short of the 1st down, and make them kick the FG. 

Who knows, maybe Bolden knew the guy would run him over for the TD anyway so he figured why not go for the pick? It's less embarassing right?

I'm joking of course.

ANyway, I am not a big Juran hater although it appears I am.  I am just not as high on him as some, and maybe I am a bit too critical of him.  I think he's a solid Nickel corner, but as a guy replacing Kelly I worry.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 26, 2006, 10:13:19 AM

Yeah, he could have went 95 for 6 for us. But he didn't. It was 6 for Philly.

I understand you need to go for the gusto sometimes. But with a lead, against a quality team, when you have a rookie at QB, in that situation I think you have to make the tackle short of the 1st down, and make them kick the FG.

Who knows, maybe Bolden knew the guy would run him over for the TD anyway so he figured why not go for the pick? It's less embarassing right?

I'm joking of course.

ANyway, I am not a big Juran hater although it appears I am. I am just not as high on him as some, and maybe I am a bit too critical of him. I think he's a solid Nickel corner, but as a guy replacing Kelly I worry.

You have to worry about ANYBODY replacing Kelly. Hell, BK has been our most consistent defender this year (when he has played).

I'm just glad to have Bolden to replace him as opposed to someone like Wansley or Ivy.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#27 : October 26, 2006, 10:40:15 AM

I don't think I have ever seen the words Bolden and good tackler in the same sentence before, but I guess you all see something I don't. As for being an asset on screens and short pass I think he's the opposite. He is not a good tackler, and more often than not he is playing so soft he gives up way too many short passes. A typical Bolden play is him playing 10 yards off, they throw a 6 yard pass, comlete it, and Bolden comes in tackles high and the receiver gets tackled forward for a 10 yard gain.

I like Bolden's size and aggression too, but IMO he doesn't use either properly. He is often aggressive when he shouldn't be (like the philly TD) and he doesn't seem to use his size to his advantage effectively either.

I will say he is better this year than last. But, more often than not it seems when I see a big play happen against us he is the guy around...
Agree with you and the other similar posts. 

vipmark

Starter
#28 : October 26, 2006, 12:06:51 PM

Yeah, he could have went 95 for 6 for us. But he didn't. It was 6 for Philly.

I understand you need to go for the gusto sometimes. But with a lead, against a quality team, when you have a rookie at QB, in that situation I think you have to make the tackle short of the 1st down, and make them kick the FG.

I'm joking of course.

ANyway, I am not a big Juran hater although it appears I am. I am just not as high on him as some, and maybe I am a bit too critical of him. I think he's a solid Nickel corner, but as a guy replacing Kelly I worry.

I'm with you . I did'nt think Juran was close enough to go for the pic, he seemed to be out of position and therefor he might not have made the tackle either...considering it was a FB receiving....bless you Matt Bryant

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 26, 2006, 01:28:47 PM

i think the logic was, your team is up by 3 scores, you're covering big dude who's not exactly a renowned receiver, go for the nail in the coffin and hope if you miss, the guy doesn't make the catch or a teammate can make the play downfield.  didn't work out in our favor, but when you're up by that much, it's expected that you try some aggressive things to demoralize the offense.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: i know the haters will swarm, but... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools