Boards > Pirate's Cove

Imus Loses Radio Show

(1/9) > >>

leeroybuc93:
NEW YORK —  CBS Corp. (CBS) said Thursday it would permanently cancel Don Imus' morning radio talk program, following racist and sexist comments made by the shock jock about a women's college basketball team.

"From the outset, I believe all of us have been deeply upset and revulsed by the statements that were made on our air about the young women who represented Rutgers University in the NCAA Women's Basketball Championship with such class, energy and talent," CBS President and Chief Executive Officer Leslie Moonves said in a statement.

CBS said the cancellation of "Imus in the Morning" is effectively immediately. Its move comes a day after NBC Universal pulled its MSNBC simulcast of the show.

"Imus in the Morning" was carried on 61 stations across the United States.

Rusty:
RIP

Chrispy0515:
Ehhhhh, he sucks anyway.  :-

Dango727:
I find it sad that he lost his job, even though I have never heard or watched his shows. What's really terrible is that he lost his radio job in the middle of his radiothon to raise money for kids with cancer.

magicfan39126:
Terrific article by Jason Whitlock (who I usually hate).

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_action=doc&p_docid=118737A50AB2E440&p_docnum=1

magicfan39126:
What an overreaction, unbelievable.

Isn't Al Sharpton a reverend? Isn't forgiveness...like...important in Christianity? I must've missed something.

It was a really funny show and he was doing alot for sick kids, this is messed up.

Dango727:
CBS just pushes their biggest talents towards satellite radio. First it was Opie & Anthony with their "Sex for Sam" stunt, then it was Howard Stern, who simply got fed up with all the restrictions placed on him. I'm sure Imus will soon follow their leads, depending if CBS releases him from his recently signed 5-year deal.

Skull and Bones:

--- Quote from: Dr. Kahn on April 12, 2007, 06:30:46 PM ---What an overreaction, unbelievable.

Isn't Al Sharpton a reverend? Isn't forgiveness...like...important in Christianity? I must've missed something.

--- End quote ---

no.  he's a bidnessman.

cyberdude557:
Now there was some talk on the news that the members of the Rutgers B-ball team is considering filing a slander lawsuit. One woman on the team claims she has now been "scarred for life."

Ether:
LOL @ Scarred for life. Right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version