Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Imus Loses Radio Show « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 12, 2007, 10:04:10 PM

No Advertisers
No Money
No Show

Pretty simple.

Whether or not we agree with it is moot.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 12, 2007, 10:10:42 PM

This seriously makes me sick. For the player who said she was scarred for life, she deserves to have her knees crushed with a baseball bat, THEN she would be scarred for life, what a damn joke. If Chappelle or some other minority "comedian" said something like this it would go completely unnoticed, yet this is the level it has gone to because a white man said it. I'm almost embarrassed to live in this country sometimes, with how we cower to minorities so there little feelings don't get hurt. Sharpton and Jackson can't get in a head on collision fast enough for me.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 12, 2007, 10:15:34 PM

This has FUELED RACISM. Yes, read the blogs all over the internet. Whites are angry that there is a double standard for blacks who are the very ones who coined the terms "Ho".  Speech is now determined not by what is said, but by who says it.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#18 : April 12, 2007, 10:21:34 PM

The part in the Whitlock column where he says they are at a club listening to music calling them hoes and what not says it all about the player "scarred for life."  A complete crock.  Maybe she figures more money in it than WNBA.

klb55

Starter

#19 : April 12, 2007, 10:24:46 PM

What an overreaction, unbelievable.

Isn't Al Sharpton a reverend? Isn't forgiveness...like...important in Christianity? I must've missed something.

It was a really funny show and he was doing alot for sick kids, this is messed up.

sins against god are forgivable

sins against blacks........never forgivable.......ever

escobar

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 12, 2007, 10:26:46 PM

Yeah Ray but of course if that scenario was brought up to the Rutgers players they would deny ever listening to that kind of music. This whole situation is such a joke it's unreal. If Chappell were white he would have been fired years ago, and that's what pisses me off the most.

klb55

Starter

#21 : April 12, 2007, 10:38:42 PM

Now there was some talk on the news that the members of the Rutgers B-ball team is considering filing a slander lawsuit. One woman on the team claims she has now been "scarred for life."

a lawsuit will show the character of these "victims"

"hos" are very opportunistic.........maybe Imus knew something we didn't

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#22 : April 12, 2007, 10:44:14 PM

Mark this down......Escobar and me agreed.

Hehe.

matt

Starter

#23 : April 12, 2007, 10:48:33 PM

Imus will end up on XM. I don't particularly care for the guy, but I think it's ridiculous that he lost his job for a dumb comment that was meant to be funny. There is not a right in this country to NOT be offended. Apparently, freedom of speech doesn't apply to old, white men.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 12, 2007, 10:49:25 PM

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ho

ho - A word Santa Clause says three times when he sees your wife, mother and sister together in the same room.

Ho, Ho, Ho Merry Christmas!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 12, 2007, 10:52:22 PM

Apparently, freedom of speech doesn't apply to old, white men.

Not a freedom of speech case.

Except, when you see things like this said...

From Drudge...

SHARPTON VOWS MORE: 'It is our feeling that this is only the beginning. We must have a broad discussion
on what is permitted and not permitted in terms of the airwaves'...

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#26 : April 12, 2007, 10:54:37 PM

He's an unmitigated racist & it's not the first crap he has spewed. Probably wears a hood to bed.

matt

Starter

#27 : April 12, 2007, 10:55:55 PM

He's an unmitigated racist & it's not the first crap he has spewed. Probably wears a hood to bed.

I don't like the guy either, but don't you think Sharpton and Jackson are racist SOB's too? Why should THEY be able to profit on something that senile old **CENSORED** said?

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#28 : April 12, 2007, 10:57:27 PM

STFU, he hosted a COMEDY SHOW. Is Chappelle a racist?

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#29 : April 12, 2007, 10:58:56 PM

Didn't say they should.  But the black race has been prejudiced against more than the white race. Watch that implied profanity.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Imus Loses Radio Show « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools