Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Imus Loses Radio Show « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

« #30 : April 12, 2007, 11:03:03 PM »

So that makes it okay?

« #31 : April 12, 2007, 11:11:18 PM »

Some of these posts are just so amazing how people can mix up 2-3-4-5 issues into one. Just a glance and we see, no freedom of speech, Imus might be right about them being hoes, it's all the media blah blah blah. But at least it illustrates why the country's so screwed up when it comes to racism.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #32 : April 12, 2007, 11:14:54 PM »

Didn't say they should.  But the black race has been prejudiced against more than the white race. Watch that implied profanity.

So if a Big fat kid 5 years older than me took my lunch money in kindergarten that gives me the right to lash out at all big fat kids 5 years older than me now?

In theory the way Blacks were prejudiced against years and years ago you can say the same thing is happening to white folks today.  Saying it is ok for one race to do one thing but not for another is a form of racism and prejudice.  Chappelle (or anyone else for that matter) being deemed ok to say those types of things but Imus not is a classic example.  

When does it stop?  How long are these free passes given?  50 years from now can I come out and say what I want and it be deemed ok because I can say "50 years ago I was not allowed to say this but Dave Chappelle was, so I was discriminated against then so I get a free pass now."?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #33 : April 12, 2007, 11:15:11 PM »

I don't think Imus is a racist but I don't listen to his show and more importantly,
I don't know him personally.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #34 : April 12, 2007, 11:21:13 PM »

Some of these posts are just so amazing how people can mix up 2-3-4-5 issues into one. Just a glance and we see, no freedom of speech, Imus might be right about them being hoes, it's all the media blah blah blah. But at least it illustrates why the country's so screwed up when it comes to racism.
Do you think befopre you type crap like this?? Shameful!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #35 : April 12, 2007, 11:22:56 PM »

http://st-louis.aolsportsblog.com/2007/04/12/snoop-dogg-dont-compare-me-to-don-imus/

"[Rappers] are not talking about no collegiate basketball girls who have made it to the next level in education and sports. We're talking about ho's that's in the 'hood that ain't doing sh--, that's trying to get a n---a for his money. These are two separate things. First of all, we ain't no old-ass white men that sit up on MSNBC."

~Snoopy Dogg...

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #36 : April 12, 2007, 11:27:17 PM »

http://st-louis.aolsportsblog.com/2007/04/12/snoop-dogg-dont-compare-me-to-don-imus/

"[Rappers] are not talking about no collegiate basketball girls who have made it to the next level in education and sports. We're talking about ho's that's in the 'hood that ain't doing sh--, that's trying to get a n---a for his money. These are two separate things. First of all, we ain't no old-ass white men that sit up on MSNBC."

~Snoopy Dogg...

Says it all right there.  Anything he said before that is irrelevant, because his true feelings are right there. Because he was an "old ass white guy" it is inapproprate for him to say that.  Since Snoop and other rappers are younger (and more importantly) black males, it is acceptable. 

Go back to the Whitlock article and he pretty much explains how I feel about that.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #37 : April 12, 2007, 11:30:17 PM »

How is Imus fired and Ann Coulter still on the air and in print? Why would anybody want
her material after she wrote these disgusting words about Darfur?

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/04/06/ann-coulter-plumbs-new-depths-of-inhumanity/

"These people can't even wrap up genocide. We've been hearing about this slaughter in Darfur forever - and they still haven't finished. The aggressors are moving like termites across that country. It's like genocide by committee. Who's running this holocaust in Darfur, FEMA?

This is truly a war in which we have absolutely no interest."

« #38 : April 12, 2007, 11:37:43 PM »

Do you think befopre you type crap like this?? Shameful!

You might want to read, comprehend and think about what was written before responding, Have you even read this thread.
Lol. You're so far off base. Lost.

klb55

Starter

« #39 : April 13, 2007, 12:01:39 AM »

It's screwed up because people allow words to hurt them.  How pathetic and weak must a person be to let words hurt?  On top of this weakness comes an opportunity to make money.  If they sue they are hos. 

klb55

Starter

« #40 : April 13, 2007, 12:12:56 AM »

~Snoopy Dogg...

This comment is incredible.  Snoop chooses to degrade the poorest and most uneducated of the black communities.  I wonder if Al and Jesse will be upset about "old-ass white men" comment.  I highly doubt it.  People who are constantly waiting to be offended and continually blame their race for everything will never get ahead.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #41 : April 13, 2007, 12:40:14 AM »

One more voice has been silenced.  This week it is Imus.  Next week will it be Rosie O'Donnell.  This is not about "nappy head ho's" -- it is about censorship!  Will Bill Maher be next?  Maybe Keith Olbermann? This is about our rights to free speech.   Or would you prefer a society of strictly controlled free speech?

klb55

Starter

« #42 : April 13, 2007, 12:48:46 AM »

One more voice has been silenced. This week it is Imus. Next week will it be Rosie O'Donnell. This is not about "nappy head ho's" -- it is about censorship! Will Bill Maher be next? Maybe Keith Olbermann? This is about our rights to free speech. Or would you prefer a society of strictly controlled free speech?

This is not about free speech or censorship.  CBS and MSNBC made these decisions not the government.  They made a business decision.  The real issue is written in Jason Whitlock's article located at http://www.kansascity.com/182/story/66339.html

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #43 : April 13, 2007, 01:03:57 AM »

It is in my opinion.  Censorship doesn't have to come from the government.  A political group (for lack of a better word) is being allowed to tell us what we can and can not say.  What if the issue wasn't over a racial slur but someone's political views?  Shame on CBS and MSNBC for letting them do this.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

« #44 : April 13, 2007, 01:04:57 AM »

That is different.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Imus Loses Radio Show « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools