Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Favre Almost Certain Randy Moss Will Be A Packer « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucs1

Practice Squad
: April 12, 2007, 10:18:53 PM

From ProFootballTalk.con: http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

FAVRE CERTAIN THAT MOSS WILL BE A PACKER

It's been a while since the rampant rumors linking Raiders receiver Randy Moss to the Green Bay Packers died down.  But that doesn't mean that the issue is dead. 

A source with knowledge of the situation tells us that Packers quarterback Brett Favre is "100 percent certain" that Moss will be a Packer by the time the 2007 season starts.

The only problem is that the Raiders and the Packers haven't been able to strike a deal for compensation.  Our guess is that the logjam will break once the draft approaches; otherwise, any picks necessarily would be deferred into 2008.  Plus, if the Raiders choose to take receiver Calvin Johnson with the first pick on April 28, their leverage in subsequent trade talks will surely drop, since the chances of the Raiders letting Johnson get anywhere close to the malcontented Moss are slim and none.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#1 : April 12, 2007, 10:20:45 PM

This is bad news for Bucs fans.  If Randy Moss becomes a Packer, the Raiders will almost definately take Calvin Johnson.  It looks like the Raiders are split between CJ and Jamarcus Russell right now and if they can find a trade for Moss, their decision will become a lot easier.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 12, 2007, 10:48:29 PM

This is bad news for Bucs fans.  If Randy Moss becomes a Packer, the Raiders will almost definately take Calvin Johnson.  It looks like the Raiders are split between CJ and Jamarcus Russell right now and if they can find a trade for Moss, their decision will become a lot easier.
And why is this bad news?

I want Joe Thomas anyway.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#3 : April 12, 2007, 10:59:30 PM

This is bad news for Bucs fans. If Randy Moss becomes a Packer, the Raiders will almost definately take Calvin Johnson. It looks like the Raiders are split between CJ and Jamarcus Russell right now and if they can find a trade for Moss, their decision will become a lot easier.
And why is this bad news?

I want Joe Thomas anyway.

Well, it's bad news for anyone that wanted Calvin Johnson at least.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 12, 2007, 11:38:07 PM

I can't believe Packers officials would put the immediate future and Brett Favre's wishes above the long-term health of that franchise. Does anyone really believe Moss will last more than a year in Green Bay? Favre is getting to the end of the road and with that, there goes Moss' protector. I compare this situation to taking off a band-aid, you can either pull it really slow and endure ongoing pain, or you can rip it off fast and clean and feel it for only a couple of seconds.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 12, 2007, 11:39:18 PM

So then you might have the top-3 choices being:

CJ
JT
BQ

I wonder what kind of trade offers we might see for JR.  If we couldn't trade down, is JR too good to pass up?  I would prefer a DL myself, but a lot of folks have JR as the #1 or #2 talent in the draft.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 12, 2007, 11:41:49 PM

More BS! Guys don't buy all the hype.

IMHO the Packers make a trade and they trade their 1st round pick for Michael Turner, a proven RB in the nfl over a sketchy background, back problem guy in Marshawn Lynch.

No way they trade for Moss....

Baghead #2

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 12, 2007, 11:43:22 PM

I can't believe Packers officials would put the immediate future and Brett Favre's wishes above the long-term health of that franchise. Does anyone really believe Moss will last more than a year in Green Bay? Favre is getting to the end of the road and with that, there goes Moss' protector. I compare this situation to taking off a band-aid, you can either pull it really slow and endure ongoing pain, or you can rip it off fast and clean and feel it for only a couple of seconds.
Thats what I'm saying. Getting Moss would set that franchise back. Its a horrible idea for Green Bay.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#8 : April 13, 2007, 12:20:39 AM

So then you might have the top-3 choices being:

CJ
JT
BQ

I wonder what kind of trade offers we might see for JR.  If we couldn't trade down, is JR too good to pass up?  I would prefer a DL myself, but a lot of folks have JR as the #1 or #2 talent in the draft.

You take JR all day in that scenario.

Although I think JR would go over BQ to Cleveland.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#9 : April 13, 2007, 01:52:58 AM

JR would be the man in Tampa with a senario of CJ, JT, and BQ.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#10 : April 13, 2007, 02:07:56 AM

If the Raiders picked CJ, and Russell fell to us, then we pick him.  No doubt in my mind.  But there is no way he will fall.  Either Detroit makes the choice, or Cleveland trades up, or someone else trades up.  Russell is probably just as highly sought-after as CJ IMO.

JC510

Practice Squad

#11 : April 13, 2007, 07:39:19 AM

And last year he said this was the most talented team he's ever been on.

#12 : April 13, 2007, 03:13:33 PM

Good, that would increase the chances the JT is there at #4.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 13, 2007, 04:10:57 PM

I dont want JR at all. Id rather take Gaines Adams over him, or trade down if possible. Whenever I think of Russell I cant see him bein g anything other than a bust.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

fanofdabucs

Second String

#14 : April 13, 2007, 05:36:03 PM

It only bad news to the CJ lovers.

And again, why do you respond to your won post?

Why not just write it in your original posting?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Favre Almost Certain Randy Moss Will Be A Packer « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools