Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do the Rays teach fundamentals in spring training? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#30 : April 16, 2007, 03:08:20 PM

pound crawford all you want - that guy'll win more games with aggressive base running and setting the tone than being passive and making an aggressive mistake is always permissable in baseball... when i played, if a guy hits a ball to the outfield where the outfielder has to go right or left to field the ball and he bobbles the ball - you better be sliding into 2nd or thrown out at second, but you always apply pressure whenever possible...

hustle breeds rallies, and rallies breed winning streaks - that guy's tempo is exceptional.
This is true, in hindsight Zobrist probably should've been sent. But as you said can't blame Carl for going all out, if he were just standing in the batter's box or jogging to first on a routine fly / groundout that would be something worth getting mad about..a la Edwin Encarcion / Aubrey Huff.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#31 : April 16, 2007, 03:12:11 PM

Glad to see a lot of you are coming around to the point made by myself and some others on CC. 

#32 : April 23, 2007, 10:43:17 PM

Right. We shall see a week from Monday.
They can suspend me for it, because I really dont care, but youre an idiot.
The Yankees lose...THHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Yankees LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE

Now what?

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 23, 2007, 10:49:22 PM

Right. We shall see a week from Monday.
They can suspend me for it, because I really dont care, but youre an idiot.
The Yankees lose...THHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Yankees LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE

Now what?
youre still an idiot, the rays are still perenial losers, and the yanks are still the yanks.  I told you the rays would win today.  The thing is you treat an april game vs a beat up team like a WS.  Get a life and learn how to win with some class.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

#34 : April 23, 2007, 10:51:55 PM

Yep comparing a team around for a century to a decade old team is quite legit.

You started this thread and yet I'm the one with no class? Without that little shot at my intelligience I wouldn't have said anything.

And people wonder why everyone hates the Red Stripes.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#35 : April 23, 2007, 10:52:40 PM

Yeah, because Yankees fans are PURE class!!!

LOL!

#36 : April 23, 2007, 10:54:38 PM

That pitching from the Yanks looked like some pee wee league game, how much did they pay for Igawa? Good scouting right there!

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 23, 2007, 10:58:26 PM

The thread was started to actually discuss the blunder, not call out your team.  You being the sensitive school girl that you are, took it the wrong way, but its not a big deal. 

Ray, I cant speak for anyone else, but if you wanna stereotype fans, I could say TB fans are some of the worst in pro sports between poor attendance and leaving early.  But I wont go there.

The bottom line is RJ is a tool who should just relax and realize 1 out of 162 is what is it....1 out of 162.  What do you expect me to say to his idiotic post?  I guess I could ignore it, but what fun is that?  I mean the kid is like 12 talking smack....

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

#38 : April 23, 2007, 11:00:45 PM

LOL, TB fans are horrible, you're not getting any arguments about that.

What is your prob ICIT, one week you're talking to me about Wang and Hughes, now you're all moody?

#39 : April 23, 2007, 11:11:05 PM

Not a big deal, just wondering if something happened.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#40 : April 23, 2007, 11:03:43 PM

The thread was started to actually discuss the blunder, not call out your team. You being the sensitive school girl that you are, took it the wrong way, but its not a big deal.

Ray, I cant speak for anyone else, but if you wanna stereotype fans, I could say TB fans are some of the worst in pro sports between poor attendance and leaving early. But I wont go there.

The bottom line is RJ is a tool who should just relax and realize 1 out of 162 is what is it....1 out of 162. What do you expect me to say to his idiotic post? I guess I could ignore it, but what fun is that? I mean the kid is like 12 talking smack....

TB fans (as a whole) are some of the worst in sports.  Not going to get any arguments here.  But at the same time, as "great" as Yankee fans (as a whole) are showing up and what not they are equally as classless given how they treat certain players and how they act in general towards others.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 23, 2007, 11:05:21 PM

Im sitting here laughing, you guys take this stuff so seriously.  You treated me calling you an idiot like I spit in your face, it was a jab, relax.  You guys jab me and my team all year, lighten up.  This is just an MB (a crappy one at that) so I dont really take this serious.

I told you the Rays were gonna win tonight.  Igawa is bleh and the Rays have a damn good lineup, consider what happened this weekend hence my predicitions rays win both games.

#42 : April 23, 2007, 11:07:23 PM

Igawa = Fossum

Kaz v. Wang tomorrow...

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 23, 2007, 11:09:03 PM

I'll porbably be away for about a week between house hunting and working so if I dont stop in, remember I said the Rays take 2.  Also, dont take the name calling so personal, its not like it was raunchy, just jokes.  I thought we had talkedenough for you to know my sense of humor.  If not, I appoligize, wasnt personal.  

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 24, 2007, 12:16:11 AM

Why are TB fans so bad.  We sell out every football game in town and almost every hockey game.  Our baseball team has one of the worst winning pct's in pro sports history and they still are drawing 16K per night.  That is pretty good if you ask me.

We don't have 13 million people living here like NYC.  On a percentage basis our fan support is leaps and bounds above NY's.  Look at the Devils.  They are one of the best teams in the NHL year in and year out and they can't even sell out a playoff game and rank in the bottom 5 in the NHL in attendance.

I am tired of people beating up on our fans.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do the Rays teach fundamentals in spring training? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools