Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do the Rays teach fundamentals in spring training? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#15 : April 13, 2007, 10:23:12 PM

Have to admit they're off to alot better start than I had predicted, and they've been hangin in there with my Yankees so far.  ;)

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 14, 2007, 10:33:03 AM

The Yankees are 4-5 and the Rays are 4-6. They each won one game against each other.   So far they are pretty even.

The big difference though is the Yankees pitching staff is falling apart.  9 games into the season and Wang, Mussina, and now Pavano are hurt.  Andy Pettite is a back injury waiting to happen.  They better hope Phil Hughes is ready and doesn't struggle early, because they are in danger of finishing right where I picked them at the beginning of the year....4th place in the AL East.  Good luck with Rasner pitching today.

dmxatf23

Second String

#17 : April 14, 2007, 11:29:35 AM

Lame thread ICIT, too bad those fundamentals beat up ol' Andy Pettite.
every now and then a blind squirrel will find a nut.  We'll spank you the rest of the year. You beat our 3rd guy, we spanked your Ace. Cellar Dwellars.

In both Kaz's ND and L he was let down by his bullpen, Id hardly call him getting spanked and Pavano's opening day statline was more pathetic then Kazmir's!

-chris

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#18 : April 14, 2007, 01:51:24 PM

Lame thread ICIT, too bad those fundamentals beat up ol' Andy Pettite.
every now and then a blind squirrel will find a nut. We'll spank you the rest of the year. You beat our 3rd guy, we spanked your Ace. Cellar Dwellars.

In both Kaz's ND and L he was let down by his bullpen, Id hardly call him getting spanked and Pavano's opening day statline was more pathetic then Kazmir's!

-chris

5 ER in 5 innings for an ERA of 9.00 is getting spanked.

#19 : April 14, 2007, 02:38:30 PM

Not really 'spanked' he just got touched up. Spanked is Mark Redman / Jae Seo style IMO.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#20 : April 14, 2007, 02:46:05 PM

Not really 'spanked' he just got touched up. Spanked is Mark Redman / Jae Seo style IMO.

They both got spanked as well.  Big Z got spanked yesterday also.

Everyone gets spanked every so often.  It happens.

There are different levels of spanked too.  Obviously Seo/Redman got spanked a bit more than Zambrano or Kazmir.  But they all still got spanked.

#21 : April 14, 2007, 02:48:52 PM

I'll be honest. I'm willing to thrown down here over this spanked definition.

Not really.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#22 : April 14, 2007, 02:53:42 PM

Even Johan Santana gets spanked occasionally.  Roger Clemens.  Unit.  Pedro.  Nolan Ryan. Seaver.  Koufax.

Only Babe Ruth never got spanked.....

#23 : April 14, 2007, 02:58:41 PM

I'm quite sure Ruth got spanked, I mean you can't sleep with that many women and not run across one that likes spanking.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#24 : April 14, 2007, 02:59:21 PM

I'm quite sure Ruth got spanked, I mean you can't sleep with that many women and not run across one that likes spanking.

Yeah.

He did a lot more spanking himself though.

#25 : April 14, 2007, 03:00:06 PM

Of course.

#26 : April 15, 2007, 05:21:21 AM

That was one of the worst base running blunders I've seen in awhile. Like a little league game or something.

No offense ICIT, because I tend to not get in pszing matches with Yankee fans but the Ryas have the best minor league system in the league and if Im not mistaken the Yankees made several errors, threw quite a few wild pitches and Posada had a few past balls, while the Rays had no errors in the foirst series of the year.

Crawford OBVIOUSLY made a mistake. But the mistake was from trying too hard, not from being a fundamentally bad player. Wasnt it obvious watching it?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 16, 2007, 01:47:57 AM

And great for everybody who likes to hate them. Like me.

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 16, 2007, 10:18:02 AM

pound crawford all you want - that guy'll win more games with aggressive base running and setting the tone than being passive and making an aggressive mistake is always permissable in baseball...  when i played, if a guy hits a ball to the outfield where the outfielder has to go right or left to field the ball and he bobbles the ball - you better be sliding into 2nd or thrown out at second, but you always apply pressure whenever possible...

hustle breeds rallies, and rallies breed winning streaks - that guy's tempo is exceptional.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#29 : April 16, 2007, 10:44:48 AM

14 sec from home to 3rd!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Do the Rays teach fundamentals in spring training? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools