Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Mock Draft. OBF is gonna LOVE This! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #45 : April 13, 2007, 11:58:41 PM »

Portland is almost certain not going to use the pick from many reports. 2nd go ahead and draft Noah he will just get bench splinters cause Zach and Aldridge will be twice the player he will. Give me Brewer though I like him and SF with Roy at SG sounds nice.

If Portland drafted Noah it would mean Zach is gone, which by many accounts around here everyone thinks hes gone anways cause Pritchard wants to play uptempo and Aldridge played so well with him gone.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #46 : April 14, 2007, 12:00:51 AM »

Brewer IMO will be by far the best Gator in the draft. IMO Brewer climbs, Noah drops 8 or later IMO.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #47 : April 14, 2007, 09:20:22 AM »

Portland is almost certain not going to use the pick from many reports. 2nd go ahead and draft Noah he will just get bench splinters cause Zach and Aldridge will be twice the player he will. Give me Brewer though I like him and SF with Roy at SG sounds nice.

If Portland drafted Noah it would mean Zach is gone, which by many accounts around here everyone thinks hes gone anways cause Pritchard wants to play uptempo and Aldridge played so well with him gone.

Well obviously if Portland takes Noah, that means Randolph is gone.  From what I hear as well, he is gone.  The pick makes sense in that aspect.  Noah would be allowed to do what he does best there, rebound and play defense, and not have to carry the load scoring.  He can score a bit but is never going to be your primary option.  He can be a nice PF though, a guy who gets your 13-15 pts, 8-10 reb., a couple blocks, and a steal a game.  He is also capable of handling teh ball a little and is a better fit for an uptempo offense than Randolph. 

Obviously if Portland keeps Randolph, Brewer would be a very nice pick.  Noah wouldn't make as much sense. 

This is a VERY early mock draft, and a lot is going to change between now and then including possibly some Europeans coming into the mix.  Players will drop and some will rise.  I just ran across this and thought you'd love it!

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #48 : April 14, 2007, 09:52:16 AM »

I think Portland needs some defense,just mo.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #49 : April 14, 2007, 09:53:58 AM »

They do and either Noah or Brewer would provide that no doubt.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #50 : April 14, 2007, 10:53:36 AM »

Whats up with Martell Webster?

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #51 : April 14, 2007, 12:35:10 PM »

thats why Zach will be gone.

What they need is to be healthy. Pryzbilla is a great defender, Aldridge is becoming one.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #52 : April 14, 2007, 12:39:33 PM »

Whats up with Martell Webster?

he gets very down on himself. I think a lot of it is confidence. Hes still only 19, but reading between the lines he may be gone this summer him or Jack. What Nate McMillian said is if they get him a veteran PG (like a Sam Cassell well lets hope not him) and a starting SF this team will be in the playoffs. And I think they will do that stuff by trading the pick/Zach for a top tier SF, and probably moving Jack or Martell for a veteran pg. Team is a playoff team IMO and only a few years from a contender, they dont anymore young players they have 2 potientally 3 young guys who we can build around.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #53 : April 14, 2007, 12:58:21 PM »

Greg Oden just entered the draft. According to his dad. If Portland has the #1 is it Durant or Oden. I would take Oden because in the west you need a defensive center. Oden  Randolph   Webster  Roy  Jack
I think Brandon Roy and Greg Oden would be the best young duo in the league.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #54 : April 14, 2007, 01:28:00 PM »

I doubt Portland gets #1 so it will be moot.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #55 : April 14, 2007, 02:11:53 PM »

I doubt Portland gets #1 so it will be moot.

Greg Oden just entered the draft. According to his dad. If Portland has the #1 is it Durant or Oden. I would take Oden because in the west you need a defensive center. Oden  Randolph   Webster  Roy  Jack
I think Brandon Roy and Greg Oden would be the best young duo in the league.

I thought Oden was staying ;)

If Portland has the #1 pick which is very UNLIKLEY it would be tough to decide. Portland weakness is SF and a lineup of Jack, Roy, Durant, Randolph, Aldridge would be very dangerous. But Oden is well a beast...

Id be going nuts if Portland just gets in the top 2, but out here most people are debating Jeff Green vs Brewer who would fit better, and weather Noah Hibbert are even worth touching more then having a chance at Durant/Oden.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

« #56 : April 14, 2007, 03:20:22 PM »

ESPNews has said this,Greg Oden's dad reported this to the local paper reporters.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

« #57 : April 14, 2007, 03:36:17 PM »

Oden is going and supposedly Mike Conley Sr. is going to represent him, as well as Jr.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #58 : April 14, 2007, 04:18:58 PM »

Oden is going and supposedly Mike Conley Sr. is going to represent him, as well as Jr.

this draft is stacked.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

« #59 : April 16, 2007, 02:09:24 PM »

ap write up after the blazers/sonics game...

Lewis will be one of the most coveted free agents on the market in the offseason and he said the Blazers would be a good destination for him, particularly with his good relationship with McMillan, who used to coach Seattle. "I still got a lot of growing to do myself," Lewis said. "It would be good to grow with these guys and be more of a focal point and be built around."

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NBA Mock Draft. OBF is gonna LOVE This! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools