Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Final answer-CJ or JT? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#135 : April 15, 2007, 07:51:22 PM

CJ is the man if they are both available at 4.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#136 : April 15, 2007, 07:52:12 PM

Right, but some people on these boards,not calling out any names but said the LT is the most important position. Det gave up alot of sacks, I think #3 in sacks allowed and Foster is iffy im not sure what their GM is drinking but its gravy. They are in top of most sacks allowed and JT isn't on their radar? Thats fishy, is the prospect good (JT)? or they are confident with their scrubs they have. Who knows, JT could go to Det or Clev but to me they don't show intrest like hes a dud or something??

Like I said before, JT is clearly on their radar, however, so are Quinn and Adams.  QB is a more important position than LT and DE is arguably just as important.  If a team chooses Quinn or Adams over Thomas, that doesn't diminish JT's value in my mind.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#137 : April 15, 2007, 07:59:28 PM

Right, but some people on these boards,not calling out any names but said the LT is the most important position. Det gave up alot of sacks, I think #3 in sacks allowed and Foster is iffy im not sure what their GM is drinking but its gravy. They are in top of most sacks allowed and JT isn't on their radar? Thats fishy, is the prospect good (JT)? or they are confident with their scrubs they have. Who knows, JT could go to Det or Clev but to me they don't show intrest like hes a dud or something??

Like I said before, JT is clearly on their radar, however, so are Quinn and Adams.  QB is a more important position than LT and DE is arguably just as important.  If a team chooses Quinn or Adams over Thomas, that doesn't diminish JT's value in my mind.
Yeah, I agree QB is the most important. Im just going to wait until draft day maybe a team is playing it cool not working out Thomas and really heart Thomas and doesn't want any team to know that they heart him. I dunno,just 13 days away.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#138 : April 15, 2007, 08:01:56 PM

Like I said before, JT is clearly on their radar, however, so are Quinn and Adams. QB is a more important position than LT and DE is arguably just as important. If a team chooses Quinn or Adams over Thomas, that doesn't diminish JT's value in my mind.
Yeah, I agree QB is the most important. Im just going to wait until draft day maybe a team is playing it cool not working out Thomas and really heart Thomas and doesn't want any team to know that they heart him. I dunno,just 13 days away.

Thomas was brought in for a workout already.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/ot-thomas-set-to-visit-bucs/

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#139 : April 15, 2007, 08:35:46 PM

Okay,since your the only GM that realizes LT is so special why would this "franchise" tackle all of a sudden fall past 3 teams that need a LT?

Where do I start?

The Raiders and Lions BOTH have a worse QB situation than we have.  Detroit also has BACKUS locked down at LT.  They aren't hurting so badly at LT where they can pass up helping out their DL or QB qituation.  Cleveland is certainly a possibility but again, they have nobody worth a darn at QB.  They also need a RB as Lewis is nothing more than a stopgap. 

ANy of those teams certainly could take JT, but I think they all have greater needs than a LT at this point.  We, on the other hand, are quite the opposite.  We might have a decent stopgap at LT, but certainly aren't solidified there.  We have a RB.  While we don't likely have a QB of the future, we do have decent options now.   

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#140 : April 15, 2007, 08:39:28 PM

IMO the pecking order would go:

QB
LT
DE

WR

Again, WR are a dime a dozen.  Every year you have different guys establishing themselves at the top of the league.  At the same time some fall back.  WR is a volitile position.  You are much more likely to find a great WR later in the draft or FA than a franchise type LT.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#141 : April 15, 2007, 08:57:56 PM

Okay,since your the only GM that realizes LT is so special why would this "franchise" tackle all of a sudden fall past 3 teams that need a LT?

Where do I start?

The Raiders and Lions BOTH have a worse QB situation than we have. Detroit also has Hutchinson locked down at LT. They aren't hurting so badly at LT where they can pass up helping out their DL or QB qituation. Cleveland is certainly a possibility but again, they have nobody worth a darn at QB. They also need a RB as Lewis is nothing more than a stopgap.

ANy of those teams certainly could take JT, but I think they all have greater needs than a LT at this point. We, on the other hand, are quite the opposite. We might have a decent stopgap at LT, but certainly aren't solidified there. We have a RB. While we don't likely have a QB of the future, we do have decent options now.

Who is Hutchinson?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#142 : April 15, 2007, 09:02:33 PM

I think he meant Buckus both went to big ten schools.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Final answer-CJ or JT? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools