Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Real Deal about Kelly « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 25, 2006, 08:02:32 PM

did i miss something? dexter jackson a success?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 25, 2006, 08:04:45 PM

did i miss something? dexter jackson a success?

In Zona sure you could say that to a degree before he went down with that injury to his back.

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 25, 2006, 08:18:18 PM

Why would you think we don't deal him Keepon?  Even his current contract is a bit steep for a guy with that injury.  No way they're gonna give him more.  Someone else will make an offer, I'd think we'd be happy putting a younger guy in if we got a pass rusher DT in FA or Draft. 

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 26, 2006, 06:00:14 PM

Yes its true Kelly is signed until 2008, which is why the Bucs won't renegotiate his contract which is why he will demand a trade which is why the Bucs will give him permission to negotiate with other teams which is what he will successfully do which is why the Bucs will get a draft pick for him.

OK let me put it another way.  The only difference between McCardell and Kelly is McCardell. In other words, because of McCardell Kelly is Kelly and not McCardell.  The Bucs had a McCardell and they don't want McCardell again. So for the Bucs Kelly will be Kelly, not McCardell.

Glad I could clear things up.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 25, 2006, 09:39:48 PM

Why would you think we don't deal him Keepon? Even his current contract is a bit steep for a guy with that injury. No way they're gonna give him more. Someone else will make an offer, I'd think we'd be happy putting a younger guy in if we got a pass rusher DT in FA or Draft.

because he's singed until 2008, nobody can make him an offer. While Barber gets the attention, Kelly's been the rock on the other side. Kelly's a more polished cover corner than Barber is. BK's been vastly underrated over they years and most Bucs fans take him for granted.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler

#20 : October 25, 2006, 09:41:32 PM

I think we keep him. Most of his leverage is gone for a big payday until he can show that he is well enough to play also his value in a trade has slipped to 5th or 6th round. If he can show that he is healthy then after next season he will get his payday here or a trade.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#21 : October 25, 2006, 09:42:58 PM

If Booger is worth a 2nd how is Kelly only worth a late 3rd or 4th?  I don't get that.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 25, 2006, 09:57:28 PM

If Booger is worth a 2nd how is Kelly only worth a late 3rd or 4th?  I don't get that.

Depends on what team he goes to.

For the Colts, Booger was worth a second rounder.  To the Bears, he might be worth a 5th or sixth round pick.

Kelly might fetch some consideration for a second to a team that needs his services...Green Bay comes to mind.  OF course, GB is in rebuild mode, and might be clutching those picks tight.  Maybe even the Giants...they have a weak secondary.  Who knows, it is all speculation.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#23 : October 25, 2006, 10:01:15 PM

If Booger is worth a 2nd how is Kelly only worth a late 3rd or 4th? I don't get that.

Depends on what team he goes to.

For the Colts, Booger was worth a second rounder. To the Bears, he might be worth a 5th or sixth round pick.

Kelly might fetch some consideration for a second to a team that needs his services...Green Bay comes to mind. OF course, GB is in rebuild mode, and might be clutching those picks tight. Maybe even the Giants...they have a weak secondary. Who knows, it is all speculation.

Yeah, I know.  I understand why, I was more posting as to I don't get that.  I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a 2nd, maybe a high 3rd.  He has to have more value to us than a 4th or 5th.  I mean, we got a 3rd for Keenan and he had us by the balls, sitting out, and was old.

We'll see how the guys perform the rest of the year, but if they aren't very good I don't see how we can not sign Kelly on (if he is healthy) and have him finish here.  I mean, we have all this cap room why not secure a guy who is great here?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 25, 2006, 10:07:32 PM

Right now Kelly has zero trade value because he needs surgery on a potential career ending injury. 

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#25 : October 25, 2006, 10:33:14 PM

You can't really play thru a degenerative condition like turf toe--ask MClayton. But I didn't know you could do surgery on it.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 25, 2006, 10:34:16 PM

Right now Kelly has zero trade value because he needs surgery on a potential career ending injury. 

Kelly does have trade value even with his potential career ending injury.  Teams have always taken chances with players with injury histories and will continue to do so. 

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#27 : October 25, 2006, 11:12:47 PM

Why would you think we don't deal him Keepon? Even his current contract is a bit steep for a guy with that injury. No way they're gonna give him more. Someone else will make an offer, I'd think we'd be happy putting a younger guy in if we got a pass rusher DT in FA or Draft.

because he's singed until 2008, nobody can make him an offer. While Barber gets the attention, Kelly's been the rock on the other side. Kelly's a more polished cover corner than Barber is. BK's been vastly underrated over they years and most Bucs fans take him for granted.

I certainly don't-- folks here think he is going to be easy to replace. Kelly is the best pure cover corner this team has seen in a decade. Barber is a true system corner while Kelly would accel anywhere he played. He can play zone and man up with the best of em as he has for years.  And at 3 mil next year he is still cheap considering what true cover corners that can play this system demand. If he comes back from surgery okay which at this point would give him a good six months recovery and rehab to get back we would be foolish not to keep him. And he is almost forced to play to have a big payday coming off an injury. The guy came back from ripping his damn pectoral muscle completely off his chest-- i would ventuire to say the Bucs could easily know by camp if the toe slows him or not as his speed is what makes him dangerous. He can play this system with some loss of speed because he would safety help over the top but the added benefoit oif his abilities is he can be left on an island and the safety can be utilized to disguise blitz or whatever. Sure he can be replaced but what rookie are we gonna trust and any FA with his abilities is surely goona commnad more than 3 miol on the open market. JMO

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#28 : October 25, 2006, 11:22:11 PM

You can't really play thru a degenerative condition like turf toe--ask MClayton. But I didn't know you could do surgery on it.

It's not degenerative unless he has had the injury over and over and the joint space becomes calcified.-- it is usually an acute tear of the joint capsule that causes the synovial fluid of the joint to leak at the base of the toe loing it it's lubricating ability and the joint space becomes inflamed by bone on bone contact until the capsule itself heals. The capsule can't heal if you continually push off with the toe as in running, jumping, and even walking.

It takes six weeks just for the capsule to heal and it can easily tear again. Surgery is usually done because a bone spur from the original injury is preventing the healing process and making the pain worse. Thus they will likely remove a spur clean out the joint surgically and then repair the capsule. It will take the body easily 6-8- even 12 weeks to heal that and thats staying off the toe completely.

vipmark

Starter
#29 : October 26, 2006, 02:13:19 AM

He is either a doctor or he slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Real Deal about Kelly « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools