Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Prediction: Who wont be on the team next year that is now? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#15 : October 28, 2006, 01:19:29 PM

Alstott, Mike-Retires
Jones, Mark-Cut
moore, Dave -retres
Rattay, Tim-cut
Rice, Simeon -traded
Simms, Chris-not resigned
Spires, Greg-cut... he resigns though
Brian Kelly Traded

i think that will happen, im hoping

Badabingnrt

Starter

#16 : October 28, 2006, 06:39:43 PM

2007 roster:

QB: Bruce Gradkowski, Marquis Tuasosopo(FA pick up), Luke McCown

RB: Cadillac Williams, Michael Pittman, Mike Hart(3rd round out of Michigan)

FB: Fred Beasly(FA pick up), Jerald Sowell

WR: Michael Clayton, Joey Galloway, Maurice Stovall, Ike Hilliard, Paris Warren, Charles Rogers(FA pick up)

TE: Alex Smith, Doug Jolley, Anthony Becht

T: Leonard Davis(FA pick up), Jeremy Trueblood, Anthony Davis, Chris Colmer

G: Davin Joseph, Dan Buenning, Jeb Terry, Josh Beekman(4th round pick out of Boston College)

C: Sean Mahan, Hank Fraley(FA pick up)

K/P: Matt Bryant, Josh Bidwell

*I don't think you will see much change on the offensive side of the ball with much of the recent drafts going that way; i.e. Gradkowski, Clayton, Stovall, Cadillac, Alex Smith, Dan Buenning, Davin Joseph, and Jeremy Trueblood.  I do expect us to make one big move on the line, probably for a tackle like Davis or Tra Thomas.  I think we will see Kenyatta getting "Axed" this off-season, as well as Wade moving on.  Mahan filled in nicely as a center when Wade was out and I believe they want that youthful line to grow together.

*I think they will try to get some fresh legs by shocking us all and drafting a running back as high as the 3rd round.  He could be our "Michael Turner" in a few years and spare Cadillac.  Let's face it, I'd be more comfortable wth the Michigan stand out then Earnest Graham.

*Simms days are numbered as he will move on and try to start for a team like Detroit.  Expect Gruden to try to get some reclamation projects going with Marquis Tuasosopo and Charles Rogers.  Also don't forget about our 3rd rounder of 2005, Chris Colmer.  If Alstott retires, I think we will go after a washed up vet like Beasley, who signed a 1 year deal with Miami.

DE: DeWayne White, Greg Spires, Juliun Jenkins, Lawrence Jackson( 2nd round pick out of USC)

*Simeon Rice wants one last big contract and right now he isn't doing much.  Expect him to come on towards the end of the year to end up with like between 8 to 12 sacks.  I think he has one year left, but the Bucs are ready to move on with defensive ends.  I say that either Rice or Spires are hitting the road and that Rice being the one getting traded.  We could probably get a 2nd round pick for Rice giving us 5 picks in the first 3 rounds.  Spires versitility to play DT also helps him stay aboard.  I think Rice will pull a "T.O." in the off-season and talk his way out of town.  Not that he despises Tampa, but the fact that he wants one last contract and to end up in a big market like New York or Chicago or Washington.  I know the Skins would give us a 2nd for him. ;D

DT: Chris Hovan, Ellis Wyms, DeMarcus Tyler(2nd round pick out of NC State), Anthony Bryant

*DeMarcus Tyler could be out future and possibly start for us.  Would be a nice rotation anyway.  Expect either Jon Bradley or Anthony Bryant to make the team.  I'm hoping Bryant since he's huge and hasn't caught on anywhere.

LB: Derrick Brooks, Shelton Quarles, Ryan Nece, Barrett Ruud, Paul Posluszny(1st round pick out of Penn State), Jamie Winborn, Wesly Mallard

*I think we will see Ruud and Quarles split time in the middle with Ruud getting more time.  Obviously you see I'm doing  a rebuilding of the defense here.  Expect Posluszny to start the strong side with Nece coming in some of the time.  This way we don't have our young backs like Ruud and Posluszny out there making learning mistakes all the time.  Expect Brooks to be a huge mentor.

CB: Ronde Barber, Brian Kelly, Alan Ziemetis, Phillip Bucchanon, Torrie Cox, Blue Adams

*Many say that we will trade Kelly, but I doubt we would get much for him with his injury.  That has shelved guys like Marshall Faulk for their careers.  I see Ziemetis being the nickel next year, possibly even starter depending on how Kelly rehabs.  Buccahon can stick around as the returner and maybe even future starter as he is 25 years old.

S: Will Allen, Michael Griffin(2nd round pick out of Texas; I think his stock will drop to 2nd round), Kalvin Pearson, Jermaine Phillips.

*You obviously see the rebuilding stage start for the defense.  We really can't spend much more on the offense.  I mean we already have much of the skilled positions filled out in QB(if he pans out), RB, WR(X2), TE, G(X2), and tackle.  The defense is showing it's age this year being ranked 27th.  I think we will turn it around and be ranked possibly 10th for the year, but that still is a dissapointment from a team that was ranked in the top 10 for 10 years and rankd #1 for two of the past 4 years.

*You may see some big names go, like Rice and already McFarland.  But don't worry Barber and Brooks are safe.  I see not next off-season, but the one after when we see guys like Spires, Quarles, and Kelly gone.

*Not a bad way to start in getting a DE, DT, LB, and S for the future in one draft, when you already got DeWayne White, Ruud, Zemetites, and Allen. 

#17 : October 28, 2006, 07:09:34 PM

^
Are you kidding me? No way we spend a first day pick on a RB, we have much bigger needs. Anyways, my list is:

-Mike Alstott (retires)
-Jovan Haye(cut)
-Mark Jones (cut)
-Dave Moore (retires)
-Chris Simms (not re-signed)
-Tim Ratboy
-Simeon Rice (traded)
Brian Kelly (traded)

Badabingnrt

Starter

#18 : October 28, 2006, 07:14:00 PM

I know.  That's why I said it would shock people.  You know Gruden being the offensivive minded guy that he is, that he will already have trouble having 4 out of the top 5 picks being on the defensive side of the ball.  We could probably go after a WR, but with Clayton, Stovall, Warren, and projected Rogers; we got enough guys.  I see us using a pick on the line, but I mean where else do you see us using with that pick?

You could argue Corner, but You won't say that pick makes sense until Caddy has an unhealthy season or one cut short due to injuries.  We all hope this never happens, but you need more depth.  Pittman ain't a bad option, but like I said having an explosive back-up ain't a bad idea.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 28, 2006, 07:17:36 PM

^
Are you kidding me? No way we spend a first day pick on a RB, we have much bigger needs. Anyways, my list is:

We are very thin at RB behind Caddy, and with Alstott retiring we need a FB.  If Brain Leonard is on the board when we pick in the 2nd round I can see them pulling the trigger.  He is a good blocker, and genuine rushing threat and has good hands.  Caddy and Leonard in the backfield would be an awesome one-two punch.

FA will change our draft needs this year.  The D needs starters next year so FA and the first round will be geared towards the D.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 28, 2006, 07:47:24 PM

Thin... Graham is a very dapable 3rd and Pittman a 2nd. So not "thin".

drywallbuc

Starter

#21 : October 28, 2006, 09:11:10 PM

any chance we get rid of the whole backfield, besides caddy, and pick up a lorezo neal that can catch. we could possibly keep grahm for a stable backup.

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 28, 2006, 09:54:49 PM

any chance we get rid of the whole backfield, besides caddy, and pick up a lorezo neal that can catch. we could possibly keep grahm for a stable backup.

Brain Leonard

calehawkins

Second String

#23 : October 29, 2006, 06:14:45 AM

My prediction for next year's roster:

QBs: Bruce Gradkowski, Luke McCown, Mark Brunell

RBs: Cadillac Williams, Michael Pittman, Earnest Graham

FBs: Jerald Sowell, Jameel Cook (resigned)

WRs: Joey Galloway, Michael Clayton, Ike Hilliard, Maurice Stovall

TEs: Anthony Becht, Alex Smith, Doug Jolley

Ts: Cornell Green, (2nd round draft pick received from Indy Colts), Anthony Davis, Jeremy Trueblood

Gs: Davin Joseph, (3rd round draft pick), Dan Buenning, Jeb Terry

Cs: Sean Mahan, Scott Jackson

DEs: Simeon Rice, Dewayne White, Julian Jenkins, Anthony Bryant (resigned)

DTs: Ellis Wyms, Chris Hovan, (1st round draft pick), Jon Bradley

OLBs: Derrick Brooks, Ryan Nece, Jamie Winborn, Wesly Mallard, Antoine Cash

MLBs: Barrett Ruud, Antoine Cash

CBs: Ronde Barber, Juran Bolden, Alan Zemaitis, Torrie Cox, Phillip Buchanon

Ks: Matt Bryant

Ps: Josh Bidwell

LS: Doug Jolley

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Prediction: Who wont be on the team next year that is now? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools