Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If women want equality... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

: April 14, 2007, 05:26:45 PM

...then how bout ya follow the same standards men do.

more specifically... if you're at a football game, take off your hat during the national anthem. guys do it, there's absolutely no reason women shouldnt. and if you're near a guy that doesnt, feel free to throw his hat on the floor for him.

#1 : April 14, 2007, 06:09:10 PM

There's times that I haven't done it and I would freakin dare anyone to lay a finger on my hat(we would be rolling down the stairs exchanging punches). ;) :o

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 14, 2007, 06:19:31 PM

I never noticed that they didn't take it off.

#3 : April 14, 2007, 06:25:43 PM

There's times that I haven't done it and I would freakin dare anyone to lay a finger on my hat(we would be rolling down the stairs exchanging punches). ;) :o
Wow, show some respect for the people who died for your freedom. Quite disrepctful, and even more so is your poor attitude about someone (a veteran for example) removing your hat and you 'fighting' him.

#4 : April 14, 2007, 06:28:38 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but taking your hat off for the national anthem is only required for those in uniform, etc. I don't think it's a requirment for anyone else, in fact, I've never done it (because of that reason) and I don't feel the least bit feminine in any way. :-

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#5 : April 14, 2007, 06:29:03 PM

Tough Guys.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 14, 2007, 06:49:02 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but taking your hat off for the national anthem is only required for those in uniform, etc. I don't think it's a requirment for anyone else, in fact, I've never done it (because of that reason) and I don't feel the least bit feminine in any way. :-

Civilians are not even required to stand. In fact, many anti-war protesters dont stand during the national anthem as a show of public protest for the nation's policies.

In fact there was a Supreme Court case concerning students being forced to stand for the pledge in schools. And the court ruled that a teacher or administrator cannot force a student to participate in the pledge. If a student wants to sit it out, they have that right. So if someone wants to sit out the playing of the national anthem...they have that right. In fact I think a teacher in New Jersey was suspended for a year because he screamed at a student that refused to stand for the pledge.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 14, 2007, 06:54:30 PM

It's a sign of respect, but if you must keep it on then please recognize and appreciate the many people who died for your right to keep your hat on during the national anthem.
Most games I go to the PA announcer says "would you all please rise and gentlemen remove your hats for the playing of our national anthem."
You are gentlmen, aren't you?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 14, 2007, 07:51:14 PM

it's not required to stand or take off your hat, it's a sign of respect you loser. respect for the ppl that died so you can have the freedom to decide whether or not to do it. the fact that you have that choice should be reason enough for you to choose to do it. BE FRIGGIN MAN AND LEARN HOW TO BE A ROLE MODEL FOR OTHERS.

no wonder kids look up to the wrong people and turn out semi retarded... cause idiots like some in here dont have the decency or respect to teach them the correct way of showing respect for others.

#9 : April 14, 2007, 07:54:03 PM

it's not required to stand or take off your hat, it's a sign of respect you loser. respect for the ppl that died so you can have the freedom to decide whether or not to do it. the fact that you have that choice should be reason enough for you to choose to do it. BE FRIGGIN MAN AND LEARN HOW TO BE A ROLE MODEL FOR OTHERS.

no wonder kids look up to the wrong people and turn out semi retarded... cause idiots like some in here dont have the decency or respect to teach them the correct way of showing respect for others.
Indeed.

nybuccguy

Pro Bowler
#10 : April 14, 2007, 08:00:50 PM

I take my hat off for the anthem, but I never understood why.  I realize that people died for my freedom and that they deserve every bit of respect I can give them, but why do I have to take my hat off to do it?  Should I take my shoes off as well?  Im not trying to be a jerk.....I just dont understand the symbolism of the act. Does anyone know why we do it, or where it originated from?

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 14, 2007, 09:02:54 PM

Dont bash me. Im not the one sitting. I am simply explaining the rights that people have that do choose to sit. It is their right. For whatever reason, they are angry at this country. You can ask them why, you can debate with them, but you have to respect the fact that they have a right not to stand. This isn't the Soviet Union.

#12 : April 14, 2007, 09:04:06 PM

I'll go with because they're idiots.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#13 : April 14, 2007, 09:17:16 PM

So this is what has been holding women back all these years? Who knew!

#14 : April 14, 2007, 09:18:21 PM

Women have been holding women back by complaining about women being held back by 'the man', the fictional man. Grow a set and do it for yourself, like my momma always say...SISTAS BE DOING IT FOR THEMSELVES.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If women want equality... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools