Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The importance of Jake « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#75 : April 16, 2007, 05:27:33 PM

What part of this are you not getting?

That part where you rail against getting "held up at the tix ofc (sic)" despite the fact that there's not a soul forcing you to buy tickets, and in fact I know for sure there are a number of folks who would actually prefer that you STOPPED buying them.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#76 : April 16, 2007, 05:32:49 PM

What part of this are you not getting?

That part where you rail against getting "held up at the tix ofc (sic)" despite the fact that there's not a soul forcing you to buy tickets, and in fact I know for sure there are a number of folks who would actually prefer that you STOPPED buying them.
That implies that you know people in my section, which I seriously doubt. And I don't care what 'others' think.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#77 : April 16, 2007, 05:37:51 PM

That implies that you know people in my section, which I seriously doubt. And I don't care what 'others' think.

Ummm, no. Why would you presume that you're that important? I was referring to the fans who are on the waiting list who would be happy to buy your vacated tickets and would probably do so without the need to wring their hands and express their consternation over being "held up" in the process.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#78 : April 16, 2007, 06:00:44 PM

I think the difference between Garcia and Gradkowski will be worth 3-4 wins all by itself.

To get better than that, the OL will have to substantially improve and the pass rush will have to improve too.

The thing I'm struggling with is improved pass rush. 

I'm not sure Garcia alone salvages that much People assume the QB was the primary issue last year but in reality a lot of problems existed that still exist. Plus, I don't think Garcia is really all that good anymore. Caddy has to come up big catching the ball since what made Garcia so effective last year was the Westbrook check down.

Petit is the main point of upgrade and he is, down in and down out, better than Davis but Petit has a horrible history of mistakes (this is flags + sacks allowed by year since his rookie year: 19.5, 17.5, 13, 15.5, 22.5, 21 since his rookie year and by comparison Walker had 15.5 total last year) so Petit has issues on that front. There's a reason NYG let him walk. I'm not really high on your young OL types. They didn't really develop as the year progressed, they should get better but I don't think a ton.

Pass rush is a huge scare. Rice is getting older and coming off injury, if he's not a threat no one else along this front is nor will any rookie we add expect to be either. Ruud also scares me. I like what I've seen from him but there was a time what we saw from Duncan looked like it might be ok as well. Until he proves he's got Nickerson/Quarles type coverage skills that is a huge kink in our armor.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

gone

Hall of Famer
#79 : April 16, 2007, 06:12:30 PM

Karen is complaining about this because she complains about everything the FO does here. 

1) we trade him for more than we paid --> Bucs Win
2) He really retires, and we get 7million --> Bucs win
3) He changes his mind and decides to play --> Bucs win

Only #1 = a win. 2 means Malcom and the Juniors get paid. We, as in the Bucs, get diddly. He plays, we get diddly since Plummer <> value.

So you think after the Bears burn through Grossman and SoB they are gonna: a. Still be contenders b. Trade for SoBII As for the Beagles you are asking if they are dumb and since they don't show signs of stupid, no they won't trade a high end pick for a low-end player. They didn't want Garcia back and Garcia> Plummer so they think their backup situation is just fine as is.  Plummer is no savior, ask Shanny about that, and no one else thinks he is.

#2 is revenue into the Bucs franchise.  Regardless of whether you care or not, 7 mill of a round 7 throwaway pick is a win.  #3 is a win as well.  Unless you like Simms or Grads better than him?

As far as the Bears burning throu Grossboy and SoB?  Yeah, they could very easily still be there.  They're a one-sided team, and they Carried Grossman all year, they could carry SoB too, and yet end the season looking for someone that could get it done in the playoffs.  You can't see them giving Gross 3 games of sub 30 passer rating and then Getting same from Brian and still be sitting at 5-1 or 4-2 at the deadline?

You think the eagles have enough confidence in whoever the hell is their backup now (and his health as well), that if Donovan went down they'd pass over jake?  They're looking at contending again, they won't say a third is too high if they need him.  They're gambling they won't need their backup for the playoffs.  If they think they do, they could easily do it. 

And these aren't the only two.  Any team could find itself in surprise contention and need a QB.  Think that losing your Starter and the guy you expect to be his backup never happens?  Try 06 Bucs.  Think what we'd have done if Simms got hurt in '05 TC and Greise went down at 5-1 again.  Would we have given a third and hoped to ride a good QB and the #1 D?
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The importance of Jake « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools